The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Down Under (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Welcome (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3088)

Ron Mummert 03-11-2002 06:08 PM

Welcome

Let me be the first Yank to welcome James, Trevor & all the other denizens of Oz to their very own forum here at the World Network. While we may be many miles apart, we get to share the same parts pool, aggravations & delights provided by our common interest, the car with funny windows.
Ron.

svxistentialist 03-12-2002 01:54 AM

Welcome

Jeez Randy, that was quick!! Thank you.

Shouldn't the font be upside down in this region??

Joe:D :D

Jamsvx 03-12-2002 04:51 AM

Wow!

This certainly was unexpected!!! We were still going through the logistics in the Australian Club when I saw this (have not been able to log on today since they swapped my work PC over)

All I can say is thank you!!!

Regards

James

Aredubjay 03-12-2002 01:42 PM

Re: Welcome

Quote:

Originally posted by svxistentialist
Jeez Randy, that was quick!! Thank you.

Shouldn't the font be upside down in this region??

Joe:D :D

Happy to help out me mates. :D As I stated on the GBR forum (which, we'll be glad to name it whatever is acceptable), I merely made the request, sith made it happen, Chris is our benefactor. I hope it's a satisfactory home for our friends from down under.

Trevor 03-12-2002 04:09 PM

Welcome

I have just come here after trying to add a reply on the b---- Yahoo site which was non functional. Not for the first time in my short experience of it !
James last message there in a way is rather sad and I hope recognition for his past efforts is carried on here and may I be the first to record a " Thank you James" on this site.

Trevor------ from way down under where I am typing this upside down so that you guys up top can decypher it! *<)

svxistentialist 03-12-2002 05:23 PM

Good on yer

Trevor.

You can practically write what you like on this site, down side up or otherwise, unless Randy gets shirty and sends you to Coventry with eddycat.

Hey, are you not pushin it to be labelling yourself "Junior Member"? Way I hear it you are nearly as old as Ron, and remember the days of steam carburettors and four wheel steer.

Joe:D

Beav 03-12-2002 09:21 PM

Re: Good on yer

Quote:

Trevor.

Way I hear it you are nearly as old as Ron, and remember the days of steam carburettors and four wheel steer.

I think you need to go back just a little further, as in 'four legged steer'. ;)

Beav

Beav 03-12-2002 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Trevor
Trevor------ from way down under where I am typing this upside down so that you guys up top can decypher it! *<)
Confucious (sp?) say "Man who type upside-down have crack-up."

:)

Beav

Aredubjay 03-12-2002 09:57 PM

Quote:

I have just come here after trying to add a reply on the b---- Yahoo site which was non functional. Not for the first time in my short experience of it !
James last message there in a way is rather sad and I hope recognition for his past efforts is carried on here and may I be the first to record a " Thank you James" on this site.

Trevor. Be assured that James' contributions to SVXdom are greatly appreciated. He is an honored (Honoured?) and esteemed member. It is unfortunate that Yahoo deems to sully such wonderful work as what James has put into the Aussie site. I only hope that this forum can serve as a worthy substitute and that you are made to feel at home.

Aredubjay 03-12-2002 10:00 PM

Re: Good on yer

Quote:

Trevor.

You can practically write what you like on this site, down side up or otherwise, unless Randy gets shirty and sends you to Coventry with eddycat.

Hey, are you not pushin it to be labelling yourself "Junior Member"? Way I hear it you are nearly as old as Ron, and remember the days of steam carburettors and four wheel steer.

Just to set the record straight: I didn't *send* anybody anywhere. Plus, you have to get pretty sh!tty to get me shirty. :D

Trevor 03-13-2002 01:25 AM

Welcome

The site appears to have kicked off well ( Real down under stuff that. NB we kick big balls around down here but only in the name of rugby.)

As I am a junior member I can disclose that today is my birthday and I have been here for 73 years. What is more my birthday started before you lot up there started the day ie today! There must be some way I can score off that.

All we need now on site is James. Come on James! I hope he may even arrive before I post this. However it is especially nice to have other nice people from up there down here. and us up there. This is what it is all about surely.

Regards to all, Trevor. *<)

svxistentialist 03-13-2002 01:46 AM

Happy Birthday Trevor!!!

A good omen, a celebration to start off the thirteenth!

We would have to get up really early in the morning to get ahead of you lot, that's for sure.

Hope you are enjoying the birthday, and have a few jars.

The four wheel steer/ four legged steer thing is an in-joke, a battle that has been going on here and on Yahoo! for a while. Search the posts and you will see.

Aredubjay 03-13-2002 09:41 AM

Quote:

The site appears to have kicked off well ( Real down under stuff that. NB we kick big balls around down here but only in the name of rugby.)

As I am a junior member I can disclose that today is my birthday and I have been here for 73 years. What is more my birthday started before you lot up there started the day ie today! There must be some way I can score off that.

All we need now on site is James. Come on James! I hope he may even arrive before I post this. However it is especially nice to have other nice people from up there down here. and us up there. This is what it is all about surely.

Regards to all, Trevor. *<)

Happy Birthday To YOU! Happy Birthday To YOU!
Happy Birthday Dear
Trevor
Happy Birthday To YOOOOOUUUUUUUU!

((And Many More!) :D :D :D

Beav 03-13-2002 10:29 AM

Re: Re: Welcome

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay

Happy Birthday To YOU! Happy Birthday To YOU!
Happy Birthday Dear
Trevor
Happy Birthday To YOOOOOUUUUUUUU!

((And Many More!) :D :D :D

Ditto from me Mate!:) :)

Beav

Jamsvx 03-13-2002 03:49 PM

Happy Birthday from me too!!!

Don't worry....I am out and about but just increidbly busy at the moment!!

Thanks for the kind words though!!

Regards

James