The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   European Forum (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   JAE Billing, 24/25 July (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=15600)

crow_road75 01-13-2004 04:36 AM

JAE Billing, 24/25 July

Hi Everyone,

I'm not sure if anyone remembers, but I posted some info on the Japanese Auto Extravaganza when I first joined the forum last year. It's a really good event (assuming you are into BBQing, drinking, camping and making gurgling noises over mad Japanese cars). Full info at their website: JAE Website.

If we want a pitch for this years event, then we'd better get in touch with the organisers sooner, rather than later. I'm more than happy to arrange this, I just need to know how many cars are likely to turn up, so I can pay the deposit (£1.00 per car).
Hopefully we can get a pitch next to the Toyota Sera Club that my friend runs (Toyota Sera Club) - (Similar windows).

If everyone who is interested in coming could reply to this thread, then I'll guage interest and get in touch with the organisers.

Thanks,

Jason
--

Andy 01-13-2004 01:39 PM

Phil Hill 01-14-2004 02:35 AM

Didn't we have a discussion about this just after last years meeting ?? Has anyone thought about a meet this year ?? Billing is near Northampton so it's reasonably central for the mainlanders, although not so good for the outlanders (Joe, Andy and our European counterparts) or indeed the Scottish contingent............

Any thoughts ??

Phil.

b3lha 01-14-2004 03:22 AM

I was expecting Andy to repeat his favourite "Raw Furry Dawg" comment. :D
We're up for it.
It'll motivate me to give the car it's annual wash and polish. :eek:

Phil & Belha.

Andy 01-14-2004 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Phil Hill
Didn't we have a discussion about this just after last years meeting ?? Has anyone thought about a meet this year ?? Billing is near Northampton so it's reasonably central for the mainlanders, although not so good for the outlanders (Joe, Andy and our European counterparts) or indeed the Scottish contingent............

Any thoughts ??

Phil.

Any time, any place, anywhere.

(call me Mr. Martini)

crow_road75 01-15-2004 08:57 AM

Hi,

I'm going to email the JAE organisers over the weekend, and unless I have a flood of responses to this thread, I'll try and get a stand for 5 cars - that should give us enough space for any stragglers.

Jason
--

b3lha 01-15-2004 09:11 AM

Come on people - STOP LURKING AND SIGN UP!!!!

This will be a good day out.

Phil Hill 01-16-2004 02:35 AM

The main event ??

OK, so are we going to make this the "official" annual meeting then ?? If so then we'll aim to be there, job permitting.

I think we should try for a bigger pitch, lets aim for 10 cars this year eh ?? Can we contact all the "lurkers" and Yahoo remainders and see how many we get ??

Are we going to consider getting things like a banner, and flyers advertising the site ?? What is the copyright situation with the site logo and all that ??

TonyShaleUK 01-16-2004 02:52 PM

Me, me, me, me, me.........

Andy 01-16-2004 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by TonyShaleUK
Me, me, me, me, me.........
Have you got the video of the last one working yet?

TonyShaleUK 01-17-2004 02:02 AM

Sadly, no. Have to say that since our last e-mail chain on it I haven't had chance to try again!

Andy 01-17-2004 02:12 AM

I think that I hve the problem sorted. If you can give me the name & model of your DVD player, I should be able to configure a disc to work on it.

m.messenger 01-17-2004 12:44 PM

I'm on.

Phil Hill 01-21-2004 03:36 AM

Hello, Hello ??

Any other takers for this show ?? Joe how are you fixed ? Anybody spoken to Rich and Clare ?? How about our european cousins ?? Come on, you know it makes sense !!

Phil.

crow_road75 01-21-2004 07:59 AM

Hi Everyone,

I've sent a message to the orgainisers of the JAE this morning asking for a pitch/stand next to the Toyota Sera club for approximately 10 cars.

Will let you know when I get a response.

If this is going to be our main meet, should we also arrange (for those who will be planning on camping) a social event in the evening - I was thinking a BBQ? Just an idea.

Jason
--