The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   fan club (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=9892)

Amazonparrot 04-08-2003 08:48 PM

fan club

I have developed a fun club in my local area. I have gained the admiration of serveral racers in the area. As I pass them through a gas station with my sunroof open, I hear a couple of them say "Dude!...thats an SVX, dont race that thing, its a fast motherf#$ker". Now if only it were true:( I am now in a love-hate relationship with my car. To be quite honest, it has kinda lost its spark in one sense of its not new anymore, and things are going wrong with it. It still holds my interest in the fact that its rare, and people admire it, but even that is soon to fade cause about 5 more svx's just showed up in town....and my town is not very big, I see one once a day. Sure, the SVX has great top-end speed, but that is utterly worthless. What I want is something with good accerlation. If someone were to offer me 6000$ for my car, I would sell it in a heartbeat to go buy (and this is gonna make you guys cry like little girls) something in this line of choices: 300zx, 3000gt, 240sx, eclipse, integra, prelude, 318i, etc......all lesser cars in most areas. If someone hates me for this, wants to buy, or even better, cheer me up into keeping the car, then by all means do:)

Seraph 04-08-2003 09:02 PM

Re: fan club

Quote:

Originally posted by Amazonparrot
I have developed a fun club in my local area. I have gained the admiration of serveral racers in the area. As I pass them through a gas station with my sunroof open, I hear a couple of them say "Dude!...thats an SVX, dont race that thing, its a fast motherf#$ker". Now if only it were true:( I am now in a love-hate relationship with my car. To be quite honest, it has kinda lost its spark in one sense of its not new anymore, and things are going wrong with it. It still holds my interest in the fact that its rare, and people admire it, but even that is soon to fade cause about 5 more svx's just showed up in town....and my town is not very big, I see one once a day. Sure, the SVX has great top-end speed, but that is utterly worthless. What I want is something with good accerlation. If someone were to offer me 6000$ for my car, I would sell it in a heartbeat to go buy (and this is gonna make you guys cry like little girls) something in this line of choices: 300zx, 3000gt, 240sx, eclipse, integra, prelude, 318i, etc......all lesser cars in most areas. If someone hates me for this, wants to buy, or even better, cheer me up into keeping the car, then by all means do:)

WHat year and colour is that?

I once spent over 10,000 USD on fixing a SVX. It was never fixed.

L

Amazonparrot 04-08-2003 09:12 PM

'92 Black Mica LS-L
Tranny Oil Cooler
Painted Front Grill
New Nitto 450 Extreme Tires
12 Disc JVC Changer

Ron Mummert 04-08-2003 09:38 PM

And what sort of fan club do you anticipate forming around your 240SX?

Ron (Ex-Charlottesville visitor).

Seraph 04-08-2003 09:53 PM

Quote:

'92 Black Mica LS-L
Tranny Oil Cooler
Painted Front Grill
12 Disc JVC Changer

6k for a 92 is way too high regardless of modifications done to the car. :(

lee 04-08-2003 10:34 PM

Re: fan club

Quote:

...snip... something in this line of choices: 300zx, 3000gt, 240sx, eclipse, integra, prelude, 318i, etc...snip...
Interesting collection of cars you would trade an SVX for. Makes me wonder why you bought it in the first place - the windows?

Now if you'd said a Lexus SC coupe, a Porsche 928, a BMW 850, the Jaguar XK series, something high-end & Italian, ...

ensteele 04-08-2003 11:06 PM

Quote:

'92 Black Mica LS-L
Tranny Oil Cooler
Painted Front Grill
12 Disc JVC Changer

If someone offered me 6K for a car like that, I would take it in a heart beat too. (That would be a very good price for you)

Good luck. Like they say "There is one born every second, or is that every minute - well, they are out there I guess! :D

Amazonparrot 04-09-2003 08:54 AM

Re: Re: fan club

Quote:

Originally posted by lee

Interesting collection of cars you would trade an SVX for. Makes me wonder why you bought it in the first place - the windows?

Now if you'd said a Lexus SC coupe, a Porsche 928, a BMW 850, the Jaguar XK series, something high-end & Italian, ...

i bought the car because i liked it....i still do, its just that the lack of a manual tranny is killin me, i live by a manual. while i will definetly acknowledge that the svx is by far the nicest of all of them, i simply cannot afford to do what i want to make my car the way i want it (5-spd). But dont worry folks, im not really gonna sell it, at least not post it for sale. can someone give me the lowest estimate possible for a 5-spd swap if i already have a transmission lined up....a 1998 impreza 2.5 rs 5-spd...and i want to know what the rest will cost....not factoring in labor...thanks all

WestCoastSVX 04-09-2003 09:09 AM

Re: Re: fan club

Quote:

Originally posted by lee

Uh....... none of those cars are Italian. :rolleyes:

:D

Also, all of those cars, while considered the same class as the SVX, have retained more of their value and are much more expensive. The cars he listed are more in the same price bracket with the SVX now, unfortunately.:(

WestCoastSVX 04-09-2003 09:12 AM

Re: Re: Re: fan club

Quote:

i bought the car because i liked it....i still do, its just that the lack of a manual tranny is killin me, i live by a manual. while i will definetly acknowledge that the svx is by far the nicest of all of them, i simply cannot afford to do what i want to make my car the way i want it (5-spd). But dont worry folks, im not really gonna sell it, at least not post it for sale. can someone give me the lowest estimate possible for a 5-spd swap if i already have a transmission lined up....a 1998 impreza 2.5 rs 5-spd...and i want to know what the rest will cost....not factoring in labor...thanks all

I can't offer you any exact figures, but if you already have the transmission taken care of the rest of the parts shouldn't be too bad. And sounds like you aren't worried about labor costs so a 5-speed swap should definitely be doable for you. That should get you the car you really want. :)