The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Luncheon Meet (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=9900)

Aredubjay 04-09-2003 11:53 AM

Luncheon Meet

Had lunch with Steve Wasion (wasions) today. Enoyed a bit of Bar-B-Q and some great conversation. Learned that Steve's son-in-law is in a Tank, running around Baghdad. It's always great to meet with Steve. Not only is he the only SVXer within 60 miles of me, but, he's just a plain ol' great guy.

I did come away with a bonus today. Steve gave me his OE cup holder (by the way, Steve. Did I say "thank you." If not, Thank You. If so, Thank You again). Not that I'll use it, mind you. But then, I don't use the tool kit either. I just like to have all the "stuff" and the cup holder was one thing I didn't have. :D

Mr. Pockets 04-09-2003 12:10 PM

What a purist poser you are. The OEM cup holder didn't come with the '92, so what are you doing with one?

Sheesh...

Aredubjay 04-09-2003 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Pockets
What a purist poser you are. The OEM cup holder didn't come with the '92, so what are you doing with one?

Sheesh...

No, it didn't "come with" but, was available for purchase FOR the '92. Poser my asterisk! :p

Mr. Pockets 04-09-2003 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay

No, it didn't "come with" but, was available for purchase FOR the '92. Poser my asterisk! :p

Oh, good. According to your logic, I can put on the loudest exhaust I can find and still be stock because I can purchase it FOR my car. :p

Aredubjay 04-09-2003 01:04 PM

Quote:

Oh, good. According to your logic, I can put on the loudest exhaust I can find and still be stock because I can purchase it FOR my car. :p

If it's OE, yes. :p <---- This is becoming a habit. :D

In other words, if it's the loudest exhaust made BY SUBARU for the SVX, yes. Double :p :p 's

Mr. Pockets 04-09-2003 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay

If it's OE, yes. :p <---- This is becoming a habit. :D

In other words, if it's the loudest exhaust made BY SUBARU for the SVX, yes. Double :p :p 's

Good. I really wanted to fit the Impreza's bugeye headlights on the SVX. Since they're made by Subaru, I can do it and still call the car stock.

WOOHOO!

Green1995SVX 04-09-2003 01:51 PM

<homer> mmmmmmm lunch meat... mmmmmmmm </homer>

D'oh!

Aredubjay 04-09-2003 01:57 PM

Quote:

Good. I really wanted to fit the Impreza's bugeye headlights on the SVX. Since they're made by Subaru, I can do it and still call the car stock.

WOOHOO!

By SUBARU for the SVX!

I get it. You're just trying to make up for the fact that you're not going to be at Reading, so, you're gonna give me all the crap you can, here. :p

Besides, I know you can understand my logic. The cup holder was made exclusively for the SVX, therefore, its purchase is perfectly acceptable for all model years (just as the Bra, Wind Deflector, etc. It's an honest-to-goodness SVX accessory).

Note Impreza headlights. Not made for the SVX (although, made by Subaru) therefore, not "stock" for the SVX. Neither is the Outback bumper, but, don't tell Andivic that. :D:D:D

subafan 04-09-2003 02:22 PM

andivic has an outback bumper on the svx????

Green1995SVX 04-09-2003 02:32 PM

Yeah, check out his locker. It looks pretty clean!

Mike

LarryIII 04-09-2003 02:34 PM

Randy

Is Luncheon Meet similar to Luncheon Meat ?

Aredubjay 04-09-2003 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by LarryIII
Randy

Is Luncheon Meet similar to Luncheon Meat ?

No.:rolleyes: