The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Got my SVX back (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=32076)

SVX-FF 03-14-2006 07:37 AM

Got my SVX back

I picked up my SVX last night and it drives great!!!!:D :)
It took about 3 day to rebuild and Jim at TSI was great. I got the tranny rebuild, including the AWD clutch package. He installed 4.11 front diff and pinion onto my original SVX tranny. TSI also had my torque converter rebuilt too. The final bill was $2,348.00 with a 2 year warranty. Not to bad and cheaper that a new one.

It was nice to drive and have the torque converter lock-up when it should. To have the gears change with no clunks or bucks. The best part was I did not have to crawl under the car this time :cool: .

Steve

Chiketkd 03-14-2006 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVX-FF
It took about 3 day to rebuild and Jim at TSI was great. I got the tranny rebuild, including the AWD clutch package. He installed 4.11 front diff and pinion onto my original SVX tranny. TSI also had my torque converter rebuilt too. The final bill was $2,348.00 with a 2 year warranty. Not to bad and cheaper that a new one.

It was nice to drive and have the torque converter lock-up when it should. To have the gears change with no clunks or bucks. The best part was I did not have to crawl under the car this time :cool: .

Steve

Congrats Steve. You finally have the strongest 4.11 trans around! Glad you got him to put the 4.11 ring and pinion into your old SVX transmission - good move! :cool:

-Chike

SVX-FF 03-14-2006 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiketkd
Congrats Steve. You finally have the strongest 4.11 trans around! Glad you got him to put the 4.11 ring and pinion into your old SVX transmission - good move! :cool:

-Chike

Thanks Chike, I can not wait to take her on a run down the Appalachian Mt. I will be making a fall run for sure.

Steve

Earthworm 03-14-2006 11:16 AM

Yay, now you can come up to Winnipeg for an SVX meet! :p :D

SVX-FF 03-14-2006 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Earthworm
Yay, now you can come up to Winnipeg for an SVX meet! :p :D

WHEN WHEN :D

It needs to be before the middle of May. I leave to go back to the East Coast at the end of June.

Steve

Earthworm 03-14-2006 01:22 PM

Hmmm, I'll see how May 6 sounds to everyone.

oab_au 03-14-2006 04:51 PM

Quote:

Steve

Steve did he say what failed in the box to cause the problem???

Harvey.;)

SVX-FF 03-14-2006 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oab_au
Steve did he say what failed in the box to cause the problem???

Harvey.;)

The original SVX one had the high clutch burnt, 3 & 4 clutches gone with the steel starting to melt. The band clamp was almost in two pieces. Reverse was shot too. There was some other stuff too but it is to painful to remember.

The bummer is that I have to return it to the shop tomorrow because there is a 1500 rpm flare between 2nd and 3rd. I think it is just the band adjustment. Also the Lt O2 sensor is causing the check engine light to come on. It has a leak. The exhaust is louder.

Other than that the car runs great. The owner is getting me a rental car free while they fix it.

Steve

Chiketkd 03-17-2006 12:36 PM

Quote:

The original SVX one had the high clutch burnt, 3 & 4 clutches gone with the steel starting to melt. The band clamp was almost in two pieces. Reverse was shot too. There was some other stuff too but it is to painful to remember.

The bummer is that I have to return it to the shop tomorrow because there is a 1500 rpm flare between 2nd and 3rd. I think it is just the band adjustment. Also the Lt O2 sensor is causing the check engine light to come on. It has a leak. The exhaust is louder.

Other than that the car runs great. The owner is getting me a rental car free while they fix it.

Steve

Hope it all wroks out for you Steve. Keep us updated! :)

SVX-FF 03-17-2006 03:57 PM

better

I picked up my car last night again. the O2 sensor was missing a gasket, light out now and no noise. There is still a little flare from 2nd to 3rd sometimes. Mostly when I am accelerating onto a freeway. They tightened up the band clamp to 2 turn and added some fluid. They said that one of the solenoids might be a little sticky and it will work itself out. I am to drive it for 2 weeks and then take it back.

1st to 2nd and 3rd to 4th are great. Lock-up is faster now and I do not even notice it. It is weird having a transmission that works this good. :D

Steve

SVX-FF 03-31-2006 09:52 AM

Back in the shop

Well I had to take it back because the flare did not go away. :mad:

Jim, the owner of TSI, tried the adjust the band clamp, no good. Then replaced the solenoid pack, no good. He took the tranny back out and torn it down. The high clutch pack was starting to burn out. One of the solenoids is bad and was causing low line pressure. TSI will be replacing all the burnt parts and also doing some bulletin mods to the valve body. I have to pay for the new solenoid, about 100 bucks. oh well.

They are covering all the labor cost and the rental car. The funny thing is that it is getting a Nissan part, cheapper than Subaru and I do not have to buy a whole pack. TSI has confirmed that the other solenoids are good.

I will be without my baby for the weekend, again. :(

Steve

Chiketkd 03-31-2006 10:57 AM

I'm sorry to hear Steve - but I'm glad this issue came up during the warranty period on your rebuilt trans. Good luck! :)

Earthworm 03-31-2006 11:47 AM

At least they make an effort to sound like they know what they're doing! :D

svxfiles 03-31-2006 12:21 PM

Quote:

WHEN WHEN :D

It needs to be before the middle of May. I leave to go back to the East Coast at the end of June.

Steve

Where on the East Cost are you going to land?
We can have a Welcome Back Steve Meet!!!:D :cool:

SVX-FF 03-31-2006 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxfiles
Where on the East Cost are you going to land?
We can have a Welcome Back Steve Meet!!!:D :cool:

:) :) BALTIMORE:) :)

I will be in the Baltimore metro area. I am so pumped to be coming home. I like it out here in Minnesota, but it is just not home.

I also miss the house in Deep Creek, MD. I think a definite hook up is in order.

Say a CRAB FEAST

http://www.burnham-down-the-house.ne...dBlueCrabs.jpg

Oh and BEER, lots of BEER

Steve