The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Other Mods (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Where can i find a Full nose bra? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=25779)

pavanbabut 04-26-2005 05:50 PM

Where can i find a Full nose bra?

Hi Guys,

Did anyone installed a full nose bra on our cars? I remember of seeing a half nose bra on a svx but not sure.

If anyone installed it, where can i find it for real cheap other than our dayle's store where the price started from 95$+shipping.

-Pavan.

Earthworm 04-26-2005 06:00 PM

That's about as cheap as you'll find it for a new one. Subaruparts has them for the same price.

n00b on demand 04-26-2005 08:39 PM

Pavan I would just go with the hood bra...i think it looks better than the full bra.

pavanbabut 04-26-2005 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soobiesvx93
Pavan I would just go with the hood bra...i think it looks better than the full bra.

Hmm the thing is i had a scratch on my front bumper when my friend hit the car to a stop sign board as she was learning driving. So i am thinking whether it is better to have a nose bra for 140$ at dayle or add 150$ more and get a new front bumper. I more likely wish to have a new bumper. Actually its not cracked, just a scratch which is visible and i dont want my car to look like tht.

-Pavan.

Landshark 04-26-2005 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pavanbabut
Hmm the thing is i had a scratch on my front bumper when my friend hit the car to a stop sign board as she was learning driving. So i am thinking whether it is better to have a nose bra for 140$ at dayle or add 150$ more and get a new front bumper. I more likely wish to have a new bumper. Actually its not cracked, just a scratch which is visible and i dont want my car to look like tht.

-Pavan.

unless you remove it often, you will completely ruin your paint. IMHO, the only thing car bra's are good for is temporary use on long highway trips to prevent chips. moisture gets trapped underneath them and ..... goodbye paint. i've seen it happen.

n00b on demand 04-26-2005 10:07 PM

Yeah thats very true. I took the bra off my SVX because it was ruining the paint on the hood. Just get some touch up paint from the dealer to cover the scratch. The SVX looks best with no bra on it IMO :)

pavanbabut 04-26-2005 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soobiesvx93
Yeah thats very true. I took the bra off my SVX because it was ruining the paint on the hood. Just get some touch up paint from the dealer to cover the scratch. The SVX looks best with no bra on it IMO :)

Hmm it not a scratch which can be covered witha touch up paint.. anyway i will have a picture of it tommorow, so that you can have a look at it. I think the better thing is go for a new one.

But surprisingly, SVX is strong enough to withstand such a hit with a scratch but not any crack which usually other cars have and even break. Now i really like my SVX even more.

-Pavan.

msvx95 04-27-2005 04:01 AM

I know victoria's secret doesn't have something in that size, but I do remember seeing it on subaruparts.com :p

SilverSpear 04-27-2005 06:07 AM

you can always order one custom bra :D :D , Pavan would love it, especially that he is a womenizer ;) ;) (jokin Pav.. ;) )

Landshark 04-27-2005 08:48 AM

Quote:

Hmm it not a scratch which can be covered witha touch up paint.. anyway i will have a picture of it tommorow, so that you can have a look at it. I think the better thing is go for a new one.

it would be much easier to get the scratch fixed, than deal with fitting and removing a bra all the time.

that scratch will seem trivial, once all you paint turns milky white from leaving the bra on too long....

pavanbabut 04-27-2005 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landshark
it would be much easier to get the scratch fixed, than deal with fitting and removing a bra all the time.

that scratch will seem trivial, once all you paint turns milky white from leaving the bra on too long....

yep!... you r right.. but i dont know whether we can fix the scratch... can we?

if we can fix it to normal i will definitely go with it....

-Pavan.

pavanbabut 04-27-2005 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverSpear
you can always order one custom bra :D :D , Pavan would love it, especially that he is a womenizer ;) ;) (jokin Pav.. ;) )

hmmm you are always making fun of me.... :D :D ;) ;)

Landshark 04-27-2005 10:16 AM

Quote:

yep!... you r right.. but i dont know whether we can fix the scratch... can we?

if we can fix it to normal i will definitely go with it....

-Pavan.

post a photo of the scratch. if its too much for you, a body shop could do it. otherwise, do a search for "paint scratch repair" or something like that on Google. go to http://www.paintscratch.com/ and get your matching paint (get the little bottle, the pen is a pain to use). you'll also need some different grades of sandpaper, and a "fiberglass pen" (available at a chain auto parts store) helps in removing any dirt or wax that's accumulated in the scratch before you apply the paint. good luck. :)

Earthworm 04-27-2005 01:49 PM

I would only leave the bra on the car if it was completely clean. Any dirt or rain and it would come off. The rain would wash the dirt on the hood under the bra where it will rub like sandpaper on your paint.

pavanbabut 04-27-2005 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landshark
post a photo of the scratch. if its too much for you, a body shop could do it. otherwise, do a search for "paint scratch repair" or something like that on Google. go to http://www.paintscratch.com/ and get your matching paint (get the little bottle, the pen is a pain to use). you'll also need some different grades of sandpaper, and a "fiberglass pen" (available at a chain auto parts store) helps in removing any dirt or wax that's accumulated in the scratch before you apply the paint. good luck. :)

Hi,

usually how much they will charge?... yeah yeah i know without having a picture its hard to tell.. but generally how will they charge on a random basis.

-Pavan.