The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Down Under (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Hello (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3384)

NZ_SVX 03-29-2002 01:08 PM

Hello

Just a note to say hello to anyone else down under :)

I've just bought a Silver 95 SVX from a local dealer ... only got 150000km on the clock and is smooth as.

The forums have been a great help was able to read up about the car and test for all common probs during the test drive (i'm sure the dealer guy looked at little worried with me opening the kick panel and checking the CE codes out)

I live out in Titirangi, Auckland seen a couple of SVX's around ...

If anyones any recommendation where to get the car serviced and maybe a scrappy with some parts i'd be intrested to know.

Cheers
Conrad

svxistentialist 03-29-2002 03:16 PM

Re: Hello

Quote:

Originally posted by NZ_SVX
I live out in Titirangi, Auckland seen a couple of SVX's around ...

If anyones any recommendation where to get the car serviced and maybe a scrappy with some parts i'd be intrested to know.

Cheers
Conrad

Hi Conrad,

You are very welcome. Can't help you with the recommendations, as I am not actually from Down Under, I am Up Over here in Ireland.

Congrats on the purchase, these are really nice cars to drive. Silver is my favourite colour. Has yours a black roof? So far as I know, there are two silver shades available, a bright sort of aluminium one, and a far less common darker silver that came in two tone in the '92 models. Actually 3 tone if you count the black roof. That one is the colour scheme I fancy.

Trevor on here is from NZ, should be able to help. There is also Paul, but he is currently working in Gunma in Japan, the home of all things SVX. One of them will sort you out for sure.

Enjoy the fun!!

Joe:)

NZ_SVX 03-29-2002 08:46 PM

Hey Joe,

Mines an all Silver version ... missus doesn't like the two tone look.

I'm impressed with the car no end, couple of minor issues but nothing to worry about. Already changed the stereo and the cars gonna get a good service (no history as its a Jap import)

The only thing I think the cars missing is a spoiler... next purchase I think.

I'm a northerner as well, born and raised in near Oxford in the UK, its just the whethers so much better down here :D

Aredubjay 03-29-2002 09:52 PM

Conrad,
Allow me to be the first "yank" to welcome you to the SVX Network. We've tried to make this a true "World" community -- a place where all SVXers can come to share our common fanaticism with these automobiles. If you have any questions, any at all, please feel free to ask. There are no "stupid" questions here, so don't be shy.

I believe your fellow Aucklander is on Holiday for Easter, but you both should be able to have a good chat once he returns.

Again, welcome. We hope you make yourself at home.

Randy

svxistentialist 03-30-2002 05:02 AM

Oxford lunch

Quote:

Originally posted by NZ_SVX
Hey Joe,
I'm a northerner as well, born and raised in near Oxford in the UK, its just the whethers so much better down here :D

Hi Conrad
Nice part of the world, near Oxford is.
Did a lot of touring in the UK and I love it. As far as I'm concerned it's got everything Ireland has, and more where scenery is concerned, but the strong Sterling makes it a no go area.

Have done less world travelling than my friends in the last few years, but in European terms, I am a home bird anyway. Outside the subcontinent, there are only three places I would hanker to go; Cuba, the Rockies/Yosemite and New Zealand. Could probably fire in Sydney Harbour with the Down Under trip.

Like all things in this life, it will remain an itch until I set targets and decide to scratch. Agree with you about the weather. We are contemplating The Algarve in Portugal for our break this year.

Keep us informed what you are doing for the car. Most problems have been tackled and beaten before. Even the transmission. Nothing is impossible.

svxistentialist 03-30-2002 05:04 AM

Yanking our chain

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay
Conrad,
Allow me to be the first "yank" to welcome you to the SVX Network.
Randy

Randy, I take it the parenthesis on the word "yank" are there because you are from Kaintuck??

No?

Joe:) :D

Jamsvx 03-30-2002 06:36 AM

Welcome Conrad!

There are a few of us in this neck of the woods (I'm from Ireland but living in Sydney).....glad to have you aboard and congratulations on your purchase.

What colour/material is your interior (ie, the dash 'wood' and seat coverings)?? I am curious to see what level of SVX you have since the JDM market had a number of different versions.

Happy Easter

James

Aredubjay 03-30-2002 10:56 AM

Re: Yanking our chain

Quote:

Originally posted by svxistentialist

Randy, I take it the parenthesis on the word "yank" are there because you are from Kaintuck??

No?

Joe:) :D

Yessir. I could never call myself a "yank" outright. My ancestors would be spinning, as they say. :D:D:D

svxistentialist 03-30-2002 05:27 PM

Sub-bourbonite

Oh Kaaayy

Just so we know where youall coming from.

No reflection on latterday yanks, but territory is territory.

NZ_SVX 03-30-2002 11:57 PM

Not to sure what level i've got! Got the light blue suede with fairly dark wood paneling (need to change that at some point), dark grey cloth seats. Ummm electric everything cept the passenger seat, oh and no spoiler and some nice BBS alloys (16"). I'll get some pictures up once I get the digital camera from work.

BTW Anyone any idea how to lose the automatic door locking over 15kmh ? Driving the missus nuts.

Its been real nice to find such an active board for a car that wasn't really produced in great numbers.

Conrad

Aredubjay 03-31-2002 10:39 AM

Re: Sub-bourbonite

Quote:

Oh Kaaayy

Just so we know where youall coming from.

No reflection on latterday yanks, but territory is territory.

Perhaps the only worse thing I could be called is . . . . . . . .
A COLONIST! :D :D :D

montypython 03-31-2002 01:28 PM

Re: Re: Sub-bourbonite

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay

Perhaps the only worse thing I could be called is . . . . . . . .
A COLONIST! :D :D :D

Noooo comment ;)

svxistentialist 03-31-2002 05:37 PM

Re: Re: Re: Sub-bourbonite

Quote:

Originally posted by montypython

Noooo comment ;)

Eggs-actly Colin

We'll leave his colon out of it!

Trevor 04-02-2002 03:52 AM

Auckland SVX

Hi Conrad,

I will send you an email so, that you can give me ring.

Hi Joe,

Just to put you straight-- Randy is stationed at Fort Revor. He is inclined to put people crook on that one being from the South, but as I am a lot further south, the truly deep south, I was able to sort him out you see. Ask him, he has put it in writing !

Regards to all, Trevor.

P.S. Conrad now find that you have not enabled emails, however you can email me and I will send you a personal message.

Aredubjay 04-02-2002 09:42 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Sub-bourbonite

Quote:

Eggs-actly Colin

We'll leave his colon out of it!

Yes, Colin. My colon is not for discussion. Neither, I would think, is Colin's colon, nor Colin's cologne, nor colons from Cologne. Is there a colon college in Cologne, Colin?

(I really do need to get a life, don't I?:rolleyes: )