The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Political Forum (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   The war in Iraq (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=33467)

NikFu S. 06-03-2006 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bipa
Interesting how you didn't post this one: :rolleyes:

I just scrolled down and saw the other one, then I closed it. :/

Bipa 06-03-2006 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WGJ
MOCK! MOCK!

How dare you use Bush's personal news service/publicist!
Oh! Damn, you're being difficult again! Aren't you, you cheeky devil...
WGJ

http://www.emotihost.com/glass12/6.gif I call it fighting fire with fire ;)

Electrophil 06-03-2006 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NikFu S.

A quote from a 13 year old girl from the Fox story above:

"We want the Americans to be hurt just like us," she told the cameraman from her cousin's house, where she is now living.

Apparently she lost her whole family.
Anybody want to say how "safe" from terrorism this Iraqi war has made us?

NikFu S. 06-03-2006 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Electrophil
A quote from a 13 year old girl from the Fox story above:

"We want the Americans to be hurt just like us," she told the cameraman from her cousin's house, where she is now living.

Apparently she lost her whole family.
Anybody want to say how "safe" from terrorism this Iraqi war has made us?

I'm sure decimating these people and erecting (nearly) impenetrable security structure has made it unlikely we will be in harm's way for some time,
but in events like this,
are we not a source of terror and wanton destruction?

lhopp77 06-04-2006 11:00 AM

True Colors Showing

I see that several people are showing their true Anti-military and Anti-US feelings. You actually would be very happy to see the US fail in Iraq AND Afghanistan. I do not condone some of the actions that have happened recently at the hands an extreme minority of the military and the military will investigate and punish any breaking laws, but that is no excuse to hate the military. Unfortunately these things happen and have happened in all wars or police actions. But to go out of your way to find and quote foreign US hating news media just shows where your support and real feelings reside. YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHO I AM POINTING TO. You are more than Bush haters--you are anti-military and anti-American.

Lee

WGJ 06-04-2006 12:14 PM

Good Grief... Again?

lhopp77-"God must love stupid people----he made so many"

DO YOU EVER GET THE POINT?

WGJ

NikFu S. 06-04-2006 03:30 PM

I have been outspokenly anti-military since I was 7.

More recently, I have become anti world police. The affairs of other nations really is not our business.

Manarius 06-04-2006 08:37 PM

Quote:

The affairs of other nations really is not our business.

Damn straight. Ever since WWII, we've had that "we police the world" mentality. And, in some cases, we needed to take action. And in others like Vietnam and Iraq, we were absolutely wrong.

And as for "hating the military".....Lee, my dad was very close to being drafted to go to Vietnam. I don't have dislike for the military because I have friends and relatives who are or were in the military. I hope Iraq fails so that it will put this administration as firmly in the failure column. Democracy simply does not work in that area. It has been and always will be an area where kingdoms win (he who hath the bigger knife rules). Arthur Schlesinger, a notable historian, rated his picks as best presidents and Thomas Bailey did the same thing in Presidential Greatness (link). On the next printing of that book, I hope to see George W. Bush's presidency near or at the bottom.

And as for my text...makes it stand out, doesn't it? :p

WGJ 06-04-2006 11:46 PM

Yes And No...

I fear you may get even more tense because Bush will give you much more reason to be uptight. Be assured Bush will go down as THE WORST President. I say uptight because Bush will continue to be the source of much anxiety. However, I want us to be successful in Iraq and as fast as possible. As monumentally inept and incompetent as Bush is, my distaste for him is not strong enough to override my intense need to see that my brothers and sisters have not sacrificed themselves in vain. We were conned into going to Iraq but we are committed and should see it through. That's the only way we can salvage anything from this fiasco.
WGJ

Electrophil 06-04-2006 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WGJ
I fear you may get even more tense because Bush will give you much more reason to be uptight. Be assured Bush will go down as THE WORST President. I say uptight because Bush will continue to be the source of much anxiety. However, I want us to be successful in Iraq and as fast as possible. As monumentally inept and incompetent as Bush is, my distaste for him is not strong enough to override my intense need to see that my brothers and sisters have not sacrificed themselves in vain. We were conned into going to Iraq but we are committed and should see it through. That's the only way we can salvage anything from this fiasco.
WGJ

I wouldn't mind a little success myself, just to ease the burden on the next administration. It's like inheriting a wasp's nest with a defaulted mortgage. No... It IS a wasp's nest with a defaulted mortgage.

WGJ 06-05-2006 12:03 AM

Didn't You Mean To Say...

It is not our place to militarily intrude on the internal political processes of other nations? Instead of:

The affairs of other nations really is not our business.

Aren't we legitimately concerned with the business affairs of other nations? After all, business is what America is best at, right? Remember McLuhan's "Global Village"? I submit that every nation's business should be our business. Raising the living standard/income of everyone in the world should be our National Business Plan. Everyone prospers and we, as partners responsible for the welfare of the planet, can better focus the world's limited resources on dealing with natural diasters, pandemics and global warming.
WGJ

We're sorta fiddling while Rome burns. For example: If the AIDS virus mutates so that it can vector through mosquitoes, (right now the virus can't survive in the mosquitoe's stomach), we'll see a planetary plague that will eliminate any overpopulation concerns for many many decades to come .

NikFu S. 06-05-2006 02:11 AM

Squandering our own resources for the sake of people that do not care for us is futile and pointless.

We would be better off focusing our energies inward.

This is not to say delegations, trade, and other day to day international affairs are to be subsided, but I think I can put this as literally and straightforward as possible:
Fighter jets, missiles, military intelligence, bio-weapons - we are better off without these things existing.
Einstein realized right away the greivous error he had made helping produce nuclear arms.
The world we live in today is a high-strung and fearful place because of it.

Because of us, we have to subdue every other nation on the planet for our own "security". If another country appears to begin approaching our level of weapons technology, we intervene. Why? Because it is the mess we have made.
It is the fault of the U.S. the world is the way it is, and all blindly patriotic Americans are to be held responsible.

demonsvx 06-05-2006 07:24 PM

I believe we should have found the culprit for 9-11 FIRST! not divert our attention,manpower and resources to a war that has no DIRECT OBJECTIVE since its inception. SHOW ME THE WMDs MR BUSH. What next Iraqs infrastructure need bailing out, our soldiers are not trained to nation build. I think we should have went after Bin Laden full force, not half a$$:mad:

NikFu S. 06-05-2006 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonsvx
our soldiers are not trained to nation build.

I say we give the Iraqis a few copies of SimCity and leave them to their own devices.

Nice quote by JM by the way.

demonsvx 06-05-2006 07:32 PM

Quote:

I say we give the Iraqis a few copies of SimCity and leave them to their own devices.

Nice quote by JM by the way.

Strange how our Founding Fathers knew what the world would come to:)