The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   "CarFax Requests" pointless? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=47241)

Freeman 12-10-2008 08:36 AM

"CarFax Requests" pointless?

"CarFax Requests
Post CarFax information requests and replies from people with accounts here."

Has anybody noticed that there are very VERY rarly any replies to any requests? Even when an Admin asked for a request, it fell on deaf ears.. Is this part of the forum obsolete? Should it be removed? Let's put something fun there instead! Or should we just leave it?

1986nate 12-10-2008 08:37 AM

Re: "CarFax Requests" pointless?

I was able to get one when I asked about my car. That was back in October though

Freeman 12-10-2008 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1986nate (Post 575884)
I was able to get one when I asked about my car. That was back in October though

Yeah I saw that and was going to mention it but forgot. It's been a fair while though..

LetItSnow 12-10-2008 08:49 AM

I thought this was going to be about whether a CARFAX itself was pointless. I had an Outback Sport that suffered $11,700 in damage - just $700 from a total - and a year later, the collision wasn't registered on the CARFAX. Bent frame? Only if it's reported. Good luck!

My CARFAX request was handled promptly, but that was some time ago. :(

liamrh 12-10-2008 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freeman (Post 575882)
"CarFax Requests
Post CarFax information requests and replies from people with accounts here."

Has anybody noticed that there are very VERY rarly any replies to any requests? Even when an Admin asked for a request, it fell on deaf ears.. Is this part of the forum obsolete? Should it be removed? Let's put something fun there instead! Or should we just leave it?

PM me the vin.

SoCal LS-L 12-10-2008 09:27 AM

Yeah I hear that.... but Carfax costs money, and when ya want something for free patience is needed. I submitted mine early Nov. as well. Ever sent for a free toy from the back of a cereal box?? Those guys make you wait ages :lol:

JaySVX 12-10-2008 10:44 AM

Carfax shouldn't be used for determining problems really. Most every problem I've come across has not shown up on a carfax. You might want to check into OASIS though, quite thorough.

Freeman 12-10-2008 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liamrh (Post 575897)
PM me the vin.

You've got it? Alright I'll give it a go..

PM sent..

Blacky 12-10-2008 03:25 PM

I got mine within a couple of days in September.

Sean486 12-10-2008 05:48 PM

My experiance has been that if someone has a current account they will help. If nobody has a current account you are stuck paying for it, but for $30 it is well worth it.

Manarius 12-10-2008 06:13 PM

Well, you may never see a reply to a Carfax request thread, but often times, the user just gets PM'd without there being a post. So, I doubt that it's useless.

SoCal LS-L 12-10-2008 06:38 PM

Ahem... well if thats the case if I could get a carfax for mine id be willing to cough cough maybe send the donor any and all NES or SNES roms of their choice playable on any computer...... I mean... if I had that sort of thing wink wink lol. Hey! A ninja smiley !! :ninja:

Chris 12-10-2008 09:13 PM

yea, I was kinda disappointed when I waited and waited for mine. It would be nice if we could get a dealership like blanket license for the SVXWN, but I doubt we could afford it.
For what its worth, I would still be happy with a late report (as long as I don't find out after the fact I got hosed).
3B7KF23611G816487

Hondasucks 12-10-2008 09:20 PM

You might try a dealership, they might run a carfax for you, and even if they charge a small fee, it won't be $30 lol... What does this OASIS thing cost? I wonder if they have more detailed info on my SVX...

Freeman 12-11-2008 07:36 AM

liamrh, being the new guy, was VERY generous and decided to prove me wrong. It seems that we just needed a new member with a carfax account to join in and help out..

Still.. I now have the full history of my vehicle! What good is it? What are the reports even used for? I knew my SVX was involved in an accident ahead of time so it's pointless, no?

Thanks again, liamrh (aka The Monarch!)