The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   20th Anniversary Meet (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   SVX's 20th Anniversary (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=55833)

SubaRyu 10-30-2010 11:46 AM

SVX's 20th Anniversary

Hi All-

It's been a while to post something here...I've just received an email from my friend in Japan. He is one of the key members of the SVX club there.

As some of you are aware, next year will be SVX's 20th anniversary, and they are planning another big event/gathering in Japan. Some of you here might remember that they held the 15th anniversary event there which was pretty successful. This next one is expected to be bigger than that. Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend the event but at least wanted to work as a communicator between Japan and the rest of the world - you guys.

At the moment, they are planning to make a booklet. (100+ pages!)

So far, it includes articles about:
• 7 Subaru Engineers
• After market parts brand / shop who has been supporting SVX (K-staff, Delta Speed, Flatt, Subaru Nakatsu, etc..)

They would love it if you can contribute your SVX's photos. Kinda like what we did for the calendar. The main purpose here is to showcase the SVXs "Around the world". Personally, I think it'd be nice to see who you are and what kind of people are loving and driving their SVX outside of Japan. So maybe it'd be great if you stand next to your SVX and show off a little. It doesn't matter if you no longer own SVX. If you can find your photos with SVX, that's all they want to see.

That’s it for now, but there will be more updates on the way!
Thanks guys, I appreciate your time.

:D:D:D

NeedForSpeed 10-30-2010 12:33 PM

Re: SVX's 20th Anniversary

Quote:

Originally Posted by SubaRyu (Post 661634)
Hi All-

It's been a while to post something here...I've just received an email from my friend in Japan. He is one of the key members of the SVX club there.

As some of you are aware, next year will be SVX's 20th anniversary, and they are planning another big event/gathering in Japan. Some of you here might remember that they held the 15th anniversary event there which was pretty successful. This next one is expected to be bigger than that. Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend the event but at least wanted to work as a communicator between Japan and the rest of the world - you guys.

At the moment, they are planning to make a booklet. (100+ pages!)

So far, it includes articles about:
• 7 Subaru Engineers
• After market parts brand / shop who has been supporting SVX (K-staff, Delta Speed, Flatt, Subaru Nakatsu, etc..)

They would love it if you can contribute your SVX's photos. Kinda like what we did for the calendar. The main purpose here is to showcase the SVXs "Around the world". Personally, I think it'd be nice to see who you are and what kind of people are loving and driving their SVX outside of Japan. So maybe it'd be great if you stand next to your SVX and show off a little. It doesn't matter if you no longer own SVX. If you can find your photos with SVX, that's all they want to see.

That’s it for now, but there will be more updates on the way!
Thanks guys, I appreciate your time.

:D:D:D

Will there be an English translation?
What are the dates/location for the event?

Ron

SilverSpear 10-30-2010 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeedForSpeed (Post 661639)

Ron

We should all cooperate (International SVX and Alcyone owners) and create this booklet in both languages.

SubaRyu, can you kindly convey the message?

Thanks

NikFu S. 10-30-2010 01:46 PM

Coooool.

I'm pretty proud myself of my car's upcoming 19th birthday.

Before I know it she'll be drinking age! :eek:

SubaRyu 10-30-2010 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeedForSpeed (Post 661639)

Ron

Ron-

Most likely no translation. But I'll confirm.
Above info is all I have so far. I'm not sure about the date and location yet...

SubaRyu 10-30-2010 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverSpear (Post 661643)
We should all cooperate (International SVX and Alcyone owners) and create this booklet in both languages.

SubaRyu, can you kindly convey the message?

Thanks

Silverspear-

Sure I can definitely let them know!

Coan 10-30-2010 08:19 PM

Do they have a website/forum we can check out? Even if it is in Japanese...

huck369 10-31-2010 07:18 AM

Interested.....let us know where to post our pics/bio's at

SubaRyu 10-31-2010 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coan (Post 661675)
Do they have a website/forum we can check out? Even if it is in Japanese...

Coan-

I think there's something like social network site for SVX owners in Japan.. I'll comfirm if they have separate public webpage that we can check out.

RSVX 11-01-2010 08:40 AM

Moved to 20th meet forum and stuckied.

SubaRyu 11-02-2010 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSVX (Post 661806)
Moved to 20th meet forum and stuckied.

Oh great, that's better! Thanks. :D

SubaRyu 11-06-2010 07:11 PM

Updates:

They are currently working on the website for upcoming 20th anniversary event. Same person who worked on the 15th anniversary site will be working on the new site again. He is also my key contact person for this whole thing...

Here's the one from 15th.

http://svx.syuriken.jp/

SubaRyu 11-06-2010 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huck369 (Post 661707)
Interested.....let us know where to post our pics/bio's at

Photo Submission:

You can either upload your photos to this thread or send it to my email!

superblitzen@hotmail.co.jp

Looking forward to see many of your awesome pictures! :)
Thanks for your time.

SubaRyu 11-21-2010 08:19 PM

I'm getting few pictures from you guys but we need more :):)

If you can find your pics, any pics of your SVX (and you with it?..totally optional) Pls send it to me to the link posted above! Again, Thanks all for your time!!! We really appreciated.

Here's my recent pic.. totally nothing to do with this post... but just wanted to show off...:D
http://i459.photobucket.com/albums/q...18-45-32_3.jpg

-Ryu

huck369 11-21-2010 08:40 PM

Ryu,
I just sent you a few pics....