The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Jamsvx's SVX is gone (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=16038)

Jamsvx 01-28-2004 11:01 PM

Jamsvx's SVX is gone

With a very very heavy heart, I sold my beloved, immaculate and low kilometre SVX today

:(

The new owner, Jason, has been browsing here so he should be on here fairly soon.

We are looking at working in the UK for a while, hence selling it, so will either buy another when we return or, if in UK for a while, get one there.

*very very sad*

James

Aredubjay 01-28-2004 11:07 PM

I'm gonna be depressed for the rest of the week. :(

amuse 01-29-2004 04:14 AM

That's a shame James! I would have looked after it for ya ;) Seriously though, I'm glad you gotta have the ride you've always wanted at least for a little while. Enjoy your adventure abroad!

Cheers,
Pete.

p.s. Still love every minute I drive in mine. Just had new tyres and rear brakes put on it, and the 150k service and she's smooth as ever. The annoying climate control countdown and beeping/toggling between outside temp and inside temp display hasn't reared it's head in many months. If it ever comes back I think I'll just connect that little speaker in the dash ;) Otherwise, I think one my front CV joints is bad, which is not major, and one of the exhausts rattles a bit when turning/accellerating/uphill (weird?), which is also a low priority minor issue. I would like to one day redo the suspension since that's one aspect I prefer in the Liberty RX wagon.

seasvx 01-29-2004 08:27 AM

take heart, man: maybe the next one will be yellow!

Aredubjay 01-29-2004 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by seasvx
take heart, man: maybe the next one will be yellow!

AAARRRRGGGGHHHH!

crow_road75 01-29-2004 09:07 AM

Re: :(

Quote:

Originally posted by amuse
and one of the exhausts rattles a bit when turning/accellerating/uphill (weird?), which is also a low priority minor issue. I would like to one day redo the suspension since that's one aspect I prefer in the Liberty RX wagon.
Pete, mine does exactly the same thing, between certain revs, drives me nuts! The weather's been a bit crap, so I've not had a chance to have a look underneath...

Jason
--

Mr. Pockets 01-29-2004 12:31 PM

This is positively shocking to me after the long search you endured before you bought it! But it also suggests to me that you're prepared to make the tough decisions, so I understand.

I hope you're able to find another when you're ready. :(

GreenMarine 01-29-2004 01:02 PM

Re: Jamsvx's SVX is gone

Quote:

Originally posted by Jamsvx
With a very very heavy heart, I sold my beloved, immaculate and low kilometre SVX today

The new owner, Jason, has been browsing here so he should be on here fairly soon.

We are looking at working in the UK for a while, hence selling it, so will either buy another when we return or, if in UK for a while, get one there.

*very very sad*

James

Dude that sucks... Is that the one that I saw in the Auto Trader in Sydney a few weeks ago??? I am looking for a SVX in Australia for when I get back there... Either a SVX or a 1999 WRX STi (just like daddy's old one) :):D:cool:... Man, I was gonna spend some time in Sydney when I get back... Shame ya won't have the SVX... We could have had an SVX mini-meet.. :rolleyes: :)

petesvx2 01-29-2004 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay

AAARRRRGGGGHHHH!

I think a good percentage of Randy's posts are heart attacks or strokes. Thank god for fast EMS!!! :) :D

ensteele 01-29-2004 10:26 PM

I am sorry to hear it is gone. :( :( :(