The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Administrators Request: (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2156)

Chris 12-07-2001 12:36 AM

Administrators Request:

Ok, I get a bit frustrated when someone posts a message and it says something like, "Well, here the sun came out and was over 80 degrees, then an hour later it snowed." Now my furstration comes when I look over at the side to view this persons location and nothing is entered. So, I am going to make a kind request that people edit their profile and put in their location. My location is Nampa, Idaho (For those taking notes... thats 25 miles west of Boise). Now if I wanted to be a bit vague, I could put just Idaho. l will accept this. I would prefer city locations as well, but will not throw a fit as long as there is a State. For those of you in foreign countries, city and country would be nice, but county only will be accepted.

The process is simple. Click on the (something colored -- yes I am color blind) button near the top of most screens marked "user cp." Then scroll down to location and enter the proper data. I would greatly appreciate this.

:D :D

nubs 12-07-2001 03:58 AM

I agree

I agree with Chris, why would you not have your location listed?
I don't see why anyone would have a problem with that.:confused:

249SVX 12-07-2001 07:42 AM

Re: I agree

Quote:

Originally posted by nubsjr
I agree with Chris, why would you not have your location listed?
I don't see why anyone would have a problem with that.:confused:

Security? Witness protection program? Ashamed of where they live?:confused: :)

Aredubjay 12-07-2001 08:55 AM

Re: Re: I agree

Quote:

Originally posted by 249SVX

Security? Witness protection program? Ashamed of where they live?:confused: :)

If you're gonna drive around in an SVX, you sure aren't in the Witness Protection Program (Too much attention).

If I can tell people I'm from KY without embarassment (I'm a native, by the way, so I can joke about it), then, why should anybody else be embarassed?

Confused --- you all know that I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but, at least I know where I live --- I think. :D

LarryIII 12-07-2001 10:03 AM

Re: Re: Re: I agree

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay

you all know that I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but, at least I know where I live --- I think. :D

Randy,

I thought you were a gay blade. (gay = happy/ not other things)
or
I always thought that you were a bit of a cut up.
or
You seem razor sharp to me.
or
Your cutting wit slices right to the bone.
or

Larry III

Aredubjay 12-07-2001 10:34 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: I agree

Quote:

Originally posted by LarryIII

Randy,

I thought you were a gay blade. (gay = happy/ not other things)
or
I always thought that you were a bit of a cut up.
or
You seem razor sharp to me.
or
Your cutting wit slices right to the bone.
or

Larry III

Larry, I think you need to "hone" your humor skills. :D

cocacola08 12-07-2001 11:27 AM

Re: Administrators Request:

Quote:

Originally posted by Chris
Ok, I get a bit frustrated when someone posts a message and it says something like, "Well, here the sun came out and was over 80 degrees, then an hour later it snowed." Now my furstration comes when I look over at the side to view this persons location and nothing is entered. So, I am going to make a kind request that people edit their profile and put in their location. My location is Nampa, Idaho (For those taking notes... thats 25 miles west of Boise). Now if I wanted to be a bit vague, I could put just Idaho. l will accept this. I would prefer city locations as well, but will not throw a fit as long as there is a State. For those of you in foreign countries, city and country would be nice, but county only will be accepted. :D :D
Hence the "Members who don't know where they live" section on the list I made.

1994SubaruSVX 12-07-2001 12:09 PM

ahhh.......conformity......

SUBMIT.......YOU ALL MUST SUBMIT!!!

Aredubjay 12-07-2001 12:58 PM

Re: ahhh.......conformity......

Quote:

Originally posted by 1994SubaruSVX
SUBMIT.......YOU ALL MUST SUBMIT!!!
RESISTANCE IS FUTILE . . . .RESISTANCE IS FUTILE . . . RESISTANCE IS FUTILE . . . . YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED . . .

1994SubaruSVX 12-07-2001 03:25 PM

very well said randy!

i think you were a nazi in a former life. :D

svxistentialist 12-07-2001 05:20 PM

Non-conformist

is another name for Protestant.

Methinks we doth protest too....

Asking for conformity in a club where we all drive the same cars is a bit much really.

Joe

SVXphile 12-07-2001 06:51 PM

Tardis

<RESISTANCE IS FUTILE . . . .RESISTANCE IS FUTILE . . . RESISTANCE IS FUTILE . . . . YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED . . .>

Let me see....I'm a bit rusty on this...Dr. Who...right? The Darleks or Daytechs or something like that....it's been awhile ago...

As for Larry "honing" his skills....perhaps he needs a "Road to
DAMASCUS"-type experience...(for all you sword-losers out there...) :rolleyes: Don

SVXphile 12-07-2001 06:57 PM

Martin L.

Headline on the sports page after professional football team tryouts were cancelled...

Pro Test Aint

:rolleyes: Don

Aredubjay 12-07-2001 07:29 PM

Re: Non-conformist

Quote:

Originally posted by svxistentialist
is another name for Protestant.

Methinks we doth protest too....

Asking for conformity in a club where we all drive the same cars is a bit much really.

Joe

Actually, Joe, a "Non-Conformist" is merely a "Conformist" to "Non-Conformity."

You learn these things after you've spent time as a "hippie." :)

Aredubjay 12-07-2001 07:30 PM

Re: Tardis

Quote:

Originally posted by SVXphile
<RESISTANCE IS FUTILE . . . .RESISTANCE IS FUTILE . . . RESISTANCE IS FUTILE . . . . YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED . . .>

Let me see....I'm a bit rusty on this...Dr. Who...right? The Darleks or Daytechs or something like that....it's been awhile ago...

As for Larry "honing" his skills....perhaps he needs a "Road to
DAMASCUS"-type experience...(for all you sword-losers out there...) :rolleyes: Don

Don, you're trying too hard. Try "Star Trek: The Next Generation" and "The Borg."