The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Wouldn't we all like to be Earl (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=18741)

HighwayUFO 05-17-2004 09:48 PM

Wouldn't we all like to be Earl

It memory serves me right, Earl just aquired yet another SVX. This brings the total to 7. Can you imagine what the poor man has to go through every morning when he goes to work. Descisions, descisions.:rolleyes:

He must play Eny, meny, miny, moe every morning to decide which car to take.

The only downside: Gas for all of them, and you all thought you had it bad. Poor, poor Earl.:D

Congrats on 7, You should assign each car to be driven one day a week. If you needed to, you could store one at my place. The offer is on the table.

Keith:D

JLittell 05-17-2004 09:55 PM

Quote:

Wouldn't we all like to be Earl...

HELL NO!!!

28 tires that can go flat...

shelfy 05-17-2004 10:04 PM

would i like to be like earl? all i can say is i'd like to have to seven SVXs (and a place to park them all).

ensteele 05-17-2004 10:29 PM

Sometimes I would like to be like Earl! :rolleyes: :D :D

John - I am surprised at you! I have a totoal of 36 SVX tires that can go float! :eek:

Wash and wax! I love it!!! :)

I have 2 or 3 insured for the road at a time and rotate through the fleet so they all can be driven. It is too expensive to drive one each day of the week. :) I have been asked which one is Sun, Mon, Tue, etc. I really haven't thought about it.

One major drawback to this is if you get something neat for the car, which one do you put it in? No, I don't want to buy one for each! Can you imagine that! :eek:

I do like each to be different so that they have their own personalities - like people. :cool:

Alycone 05-17-2004 10:57 PM

Quote:

they have their own personalities - like people.
But do they all get along?

ensteele 05-17-2004 11:42 PM

Most of the time. ;) :) :)

svx&paradise 05-18-2004 02:15 AM

OK, Earl, inquiring minds want to know...we want details on how and where you found each one and what made you decide that this was the one ( and two, and three...) Are you sure you don't live in Utah? :D

Earthworm 07-02-2004 12:03 PM

Scary thought...6 bad trannies and a burned out clutch?

Chiketkd 07-02-2004 12:06 PM

That's a scary thought... The potential cost for those repairs would equal a good downpayment on a house! :eek: :D

-Chike
Quote:

Originally posted by Earthworm
Scary thought...6 bad trannies and a burned out clutch?

NapaBavarian 07-02-2004 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by svx&paradise
OK, Earl, inquiring minds want to know...we want details on how and where you found each one and what made you decide that this was the one ( and two, and three...) Are you sure you don't live in Utah? :D

And how can I become a Teacher in WA? It must bay better than what I'm doing now :)

ensteele 07-02-2004 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by svx&paradise
OK, someone just opened the thread again. I did not have time before, but I will try to give some details.

#1 Found on Joe Spitz page and he was a member on the Yahoo site. I wanted a '93 25th Anniversary Edition and it had 87K miles. Oklahoma City, OK

#2 Found and purchased from a member on this site. '92 LSl Pearlie with 100K miles. It was in Chicago and I wanted to go to the 10th anniversary meet anyway, so picked it up and went to the meet.

#3 Found and purchased from a member on this site. '93 25th Anniversary Edition - 56K miles. It was in Columbus, OH. It was one of the nicest '93s that I had found.

#4 Found and purchased from a member on this site. '94 Laguna Blue LSi with 5 speed, carbon fiber hood, and many more mods. It was from Kansas City, MO. Thought a 5 speed would be fun and I like all of the mods.

#5 Found and purchased from a member on this site. '94 Barcelona Red LSl. It had 46K miles on it. It was one of the lowest mileage cars that I had found and it was one of the nicest SVXes that I had seen. It was in Burbank, CA

#6 Found and purchased from a member on this site. '92 pearl LSl with 140K miles. It needed to be fixed up and I thought I needed a project car. It had some body damage and I bought it for $2,500. It was in very good shape except for the dings and dents. I just got that one back from being painted and dings removed. Just needs a little more TLC. It was from Centrailia, WA

#7 Found and purchased from a member on this site. '95 Bordeaux with 63K miles. I wanted a Bordeaux and it was fairly low miles. Was in very good shape and at a good price. It was from San Francisco, CA

I have considered selling 1 or 2, but it is like getting rid of a kid. which one do you sell (not kid - car :D ) Each has a little bit of you and has a reminder of the trip and good times. I will hold on to all of them for now because I can. All are covered, and have car covers on them if not being driven.

Yes, the SVX is not just a car, but a way of life - at least for me :)

NapaBavarian 07-02-2004 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ensteele

I have considered selling 1 or 2, but it is like getting rid of a kid. which one do you sell (not kid - car :D ) Each has a little bit of you and has a reminder of the trip and good times. I will hold on to all of them for now because I can. All are covered, and have car covers on them if not being driven.

Yes, the SVX is not just a car, but a way of life - at least for me :)

Didn't you want to sell the pearlie that hasn't been painted so you have space for a liquid silver?:confused: :D :p

ensteele 07-02-2004 02:48 PM

Where's the liquid silver?

shelfy 07-02-2004 02:52 PM

Quote:

uh oh.

green_eyed_lady 07-02-2004 03:00 PM

Trade?

Quote:

I'll trade you one of our Liquid Silver's for one of your '03 Anniversary Editions... ;) Red really is my color, you know :D