The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   dot net - vs - dot org (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=4896)

ensteele 07-14-2002 05:53 PM

dot net - vs - dot org

I find it interesting that the number of members grows so much faster on this site, and the number of registered SVXes on the other site so slow. It may be that members here do not have a SVX, and so can't register something they do not have. Or is it that the new members do not know about it. Sooooo ----- :rolleyes:
If you have a SVX, and have not registered it yet, please do so at the following link. http://www.subarusvx.org/ It is a great site where you can see members cars and find out about some of the modifications that they have done. You can even vote for your favorite SVX of the month. There is a classified section, you can search for members in the same state, and many other features. I just thought that someone should bring this up again in case newer members do not know about it.:)

Boone 07-14-2002 06:35 PM

I've tried to point folks in that direction too, especially when they are lookin for other owners nearby. I've even wondered if a link to the .org site could be included here. (added my own in my sig) :p Dave

Seraph 07-14-2002 06:58 PM

The thing with the registry...

The thing with the registry is that not a lot of people want to register on the registry. I used to run a registry before. Not many showed up. So I took it off. Also, not many people(including myself) want to visit multiple sites. There are three sites I visit. My yahoo, brighthand forums and here. I know the .org site has a lot of info as well but if the attraction is here, people will be here. What we need is a unified site somewhere; here, there it doesn't matter. The thing that I have noticed and pointed out a couple of times before is that we have information all over the place. We need an easily accessiable, yet attractive (not a forum looking site) with information and all the solutions with a forum as a part of the site -- not the main site.

Lwin

Aredubjay 07-14-2002 10:42 PM

Re: The thing with the registry...

Quote:

Originally posted by Seraph
The thing with the registry is that not a lot of people want to register on the registry. I used to run a registry before. Not many showed up. So I took it off. Also, not many people(including myself) want to visit multiple sites. There are three sites I visit. My yahoo, brighthand forums and here. I know the .org site has a lot of info as well but if the attraction is here, people will be here. What we need is a unified site somewhere; here, there it doesn't matter. The thing that I have noticed and pointed out a couple of times before is that we have information all over the place. We need an easily accessiable, yet attractive (not a forum looking site) with information and all the solutions with a forum as a part of the site -- not the main site.

Lwin

Lwin,
Good Idea. Soon, the "Formal SVX Club" home page will open. We're hoping it will become the portal for "all things SVX." We will have a direct link to the forums, the registry, how to's FAQ's and eventually a parts bin, merchandise, etc. The person who has begun the process has done a great job of setting it up. :)

Now, alls we have to do is fine tune it and make it "home base."

Stay tuned. :D

Seraph 07-15-2002 12:17 AM

Re: Re: The thing with the registry...

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay

Stay tuned. :D

I am looking forward to it. :D :)

Lwin

ensteele 07-15-2002 12:23 AM

I am looking forward to it too. I still don't understand the big deal with registering your car and also participating here on this forum. They are 2 different things. It is difficult to have everything in one spot, but maybe the cure is coming. :)

LarryIII 07-15-2002 04:28 AM

Randy,

Will we need to wear "White tie & tails" (Zebra stiped tie & tails -- in your case) to access the "Formal" club? :D :D :D

Larry
PS: I think you woul look terrific in a YELLOW cumberbund and a black frock coat. It blends beautifully with your coloration. As the 'Beautiful Naviguesser' says, "It's all in how you accessorize !!"

Aredubjay 07-15-2002 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by LarryIII
Randy,

Will we need to wear "White tie & tails" (Zebra stiped tie & tails -- in your case) to access the "Formal" club? :D :D :D

Larry
PS: I think you woul look terrific in a YELLOW cumberbund and a black frock coat. It blends beautifully with your coloration. As the 'Beautiful Naviguesser' says, "It's all in how you accessorize !!"

In Kentucky, "formal wear" is a clean pair of overalls with a clean t-shirt with as much cow poop scraped off your work boots as is appropriate to cut down on stink. Of course, the odor of the cow poop may be preferable to body oder, since, in Kentucky, getting into your formal attire does not require bathing -- unless it's the third sattidy of the month. :D

Beav 07-15-2002 11:52 AM

Cows? In Kentucky? I don't know about your locale but around here it's all horsies - you know, road apples and such.

Green1995SVX 07-15-2002 12:19 PM

Thank you everyone for the helpful push of the .org site. If you notice, there is actually a link on the left that says "Forum" That provides a direct link to the forum here. I was actually trying to solve the problems by adding that quite a while ago, but maybe it was overlooked.

-Mike:)

Aredubjay 07-15-2002 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Beav
Cows? In Kentucky? I don't know about your locale but around here it's all horsies - you know, road apples and such.
In my particular case, my yard is bordered on three sides with cow pasture. The fellow who owns the land around me does it all: cows, corn, t'backer . . . everythin' 'ceptin' horses. :D

Beav 07-15-2002 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay

In my particular case, my yard is bordered on three sides with cow pasture. The fellow who owns the land around me does it all: cows, corn, t'backer . . . everythin' 'ceptin' horses. :D

Allright!! Hey everybody - huge BBQ at Randy's next week! :p

svxistentialist 07-15-2002 04:55 PM

Past your eyes

Quote:

Originally posted by Beav

Allright!! Hey everybody - huge BBQ at Randy's next week! :p

Can't be next week Beav, it's the turd sattidy of the month.

Joe:D :D

That oughta bring Ron out of Hibernia-nation.;)

Ron Mummert 07-15-2002 08:40 PM

Re: Past your eyes

Quote:

Originally posted by svxistentialist

Can't be next week Beav, it's the turd sattidy of the month.

Joe:D :D

That oughta bring Ron out of Hibernia-nation.;)

Yup - It's my turn in the rain barrel.
Gettin' hosed again - Ron.

svxy 07-16-2002 01:50 PM

thanks for Ky

At least talking about Kentucky stops the WV bashing.