The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Suspension (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Bontrager Works 22mm rear anti-sway bar kits (1/15/18) (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=64512)

Cotton 01-16-2018 01:40 PM

Re: Bontrager Works 22mm rear anti-sway bar kits (1/15/18)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nevin (Post 747956)
Unless you have changed your hubs, there should be no reason to have any different parts, this Will still be a direct bolt-on affair.

And as to the intake pricing, not sure on that yet either... my guess would be in the similar $300-$325 range, depending on options. Options will most likely be whether or not additional pipe is included to put the filter in the fender for a CAI setup, and then the filter itaelf, as most people already have some sort of maf adapter pipe and are already running a cone filter of some sort. I would imagine the base version would be in the $200- $225 range??

Again, I will start another thread for that.

I am interested in the intake for sure. :)

Nevin 01-16-2018 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GC 2 NV (Post 747958)
Oh, is it just the front that the sway connects to the strut then?

Correct, the rear swaybar endlinks connect to the hub itself, not on the struts like the front bar. This is a MUCH sturdier design, thankfully.

svxnavyvet 01-16-2018 03:20 PM

I'm in for a sway bar kit.
Plus I like this forum better then face book you can do search and read in a list form a lot better.
Also will the y pipe work as good as going two intake pipes and mafs I'm putting two hood scope on my glass hood was going two mafs and forced air Lane makes a chip for two.
Thanks
Jim

Nevin 01-16-2018 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxnavyvet (Post 747967)
I'm in for a sway bar kit.
Plus I like this forum better then face book you can do search and read in a list form a lot better.
Also will the y pipe work as good as going two intake pipes and mafs I'm putting two hood scope on my glass hood was going two mafs and forced air Lane makes a chip for two.
Thanks
Jim

Cool! Well ive been out of the game for so long that I have no idea what forced air Lane is! Although I would love to know!

I have an ecutune 1v5 chip in my car.

svxnavyvet 01-16-2018 04:56 PM

not all together its just lan (aka long ass name)he has been making chips and blowers, trans, here on the svx net for ever his known also a subiechips on the web
http://www.subiechips.com/index.htm
looking forward to a sway bar.

Nevin 01-16-2018 07:52 PM

Ok, then yes I am familiar with LAN. (Mike??) He has sent me a few parts over the years and I have been quite happy with them!

DallasSVX92 01-17-2018 11:00 AM

Will you be making any extra? Ive been dreaming of having both the intake and RSB but im a a little tight on money....atleast until tax return comes in.

svxcess 01-17-2018 08:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Nevin,
Can you offer any further updates on the new endlinks you have. Those who still have your original RSB might want to upgrade from the ones you first offered.

I think your new ones are a bit shorter and not as prone to rattling and loosening with age.

I replaced my noisty originals with QS Chromoly Teflon Kevlar ones, but they too become noisy. Was going to add end link boots to them filled with grease.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/atta...1&d=1516246546

Are you still using the MOOG K90520?

Any info would be of interest,

John

Nevin 01-17-2018 09:05 PM

John, I am no longer using the QS components pieces.

I am using a similar offering from another company. I can easily get you the newer ones and they are a similar design and will eventually also start to rattle but they will last much longer. I can easily sell someone new links every few years for a few dollars and we can call it a wear item, but these were not designed for comfort in mind, so i havent been looking for another style becaise I don't want to give up performance at all.

Pm me if you have questions.

Nevin 01-18-2018 03:49 PM

Posted up the bars in the Group Buy section today!

Here is the link.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...990#post747990

Happy Driving!

immortal_suby 01-24-2018 09:48 AM

I'm still runnning the original set of endlinks from when I got in on your first run of sway bars. They are noisy but as long as they aren't going to fail I just turn the radio up. At 306k there are so many creaks and rattles in the car it doesn't even bother me. I still love how flat the car corners compared to stock. I would never go back to a smaller sway bar. Thank you for making my svx so much better!

Svx95 01-24-2018 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nevin (Post 747981)
John, I am no longer using the QS components pieces.

I am using a similar offering from another company. I can easily get you the newer ones and they are a similar design and will eventually also start to rattle but they will last much longer. I can easily sell someone new links every few years for a few dollars and we can call it a wear item, but these were not designed for comfort in mind, so i havent been looking for another style becaise I don't want to give up performance at all.

Pm me if you have questions.

I'm part of the previous buy and my endlinks are just starting to rattle, after about 20,000 miles of daily driving plus track and autocross days. Pm info on the new ones you are going to use.

Thank you,
Sam

Jvan 07-21-2018 12:35 PM

I wanted to be part of this purchase but my car was involved in a major front end accident and I'm still trying to put it back on the road. But I have a question about just upgrading the rear sway bar; how does this affect driving? My understanding is that increasing the rear sway bar will increase either over steer or under steer (don't remember which). I'd like to decrease body sway while turning but without increasing either over/under steer.

jman050 08-05-2018 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jvan (Post 749020)
I wanted to be part of this purchase but my car was involved in a major front end accident and I'm still trying to put it back on the road. But I have a question about just upgrading the rear sway bar; how does this affect driving? My understanding is that increasing the rear sway bar will increase either over steer or under steer (don't remember which). I'd like to decrease body sway while turning but without increasing either over/under steer.

Rear sway bar should work to reduce sway and will reduce the factory understeer