The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Upcoming Meets (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Cars and Crabs by the Bay? (MD, late Sept) (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=46145)

Fancycargal 09-10-2008 07:41 PM

Cars and Crabs by the Bay? (MD, late Sept)

The Beach is bummed, and I don't know if I can last until the Pumpkin Carve. Soooo...

Any interest in a meet near the water that includes eating blue crabs - or whatever - at a restaurant on Kent Island in Maryland? The location is just on the east side of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge (Annapolis is on the west side). I'm thinking of Sept. 27th or 28th.

To locate the area in Mapquest you can use 21666 as the zip code.

Nancy

SVXyGirl 09-10-2008 07:45 PM

Re: Cars and Crabs by the Bay? (MD, late Sept)

OOOOOOOHHHH... :eek:

Hm. I have to check my schedule...Maybe I can make it.:D

SVXRide 09-10-2008 08:32 PM

I wouldn't want to go anywhere near the Bay Bridge until they're done with the current "emergency" repairs. I thought I heard they weren't going to be done until October?
-Bill

Fancycargal 09-10-2008 08:39 PM

:) Turns out the Bridge is clear. Local paper just said that the repairs are finished, and I have been across the Bridge several times lately (including rush hour today) and was shocked to find there was no problem at all. But I'll keep an eye on the situation.

SVXRide 09-10-2008 09:04 PM

Good news! I love how they started the repairs, what, a day before the Memorial Day weekend? :eek:
-Bill

ensteele 09-10-2008 10:40 PM

I'd love to attend, but on the wrong coast. :o

LarryIII 09-11-2008 04:19 AM

We are in.
My doctor recently told me "no shell fish, no red meat, and no booze." I told him "no way."

Fancycargal 09-11-2008 08:29 PM

Well, for sure we know there will be three of us cutting our fingers on crab shells! Looking forward to meeting you both. (Or were you at Reading? If so, sorry!)

Do you know if there is an easy way here to locate SVXers in the area so I can email them directly? Most may be like me, just check in every so often, and this is late notice....

Tks!

LarryIII 09-12-2008 06:15 AM

SVXcess (John) and Ron Mummert live in sururban Baltimore. Young TomSVX lives at the NJ shore. SVXRoo (Ken) lives in the south NJ near ATCO.
There are other SVXers who live in western MD around Cumberland. There is another SVXer here at work with me. He is not active on either SVXsite. His name is Gerry. I'll see if he's interested.
I won't give you anyone's e-mail addresses for security, but you can send them private messages. Also send a PM to old Tom & Diana. They live in WV.

I just looked at your profile. You've had some interesting cars in your life.

LarryIII 09-12-2008 06:35 AM

Fancycargirl,

I just looked at mapquest, and now I know the area in which you arr located. Our business headquarters is in Newark (DE Rte 273 & I-95). We are currently working on an expansion of a DuPont facility in Richmond,VA. When we have to go to the plant we usually drive down Rte. 301 to avoid the DC area.
There is an excellent restaurant in a marina on the northern side of the bridge. It is called Hemingways. It's not crabs on newspaper, (it's more upscale) but the food is great. I'll give you more info on it this weekend.

TomsSVX 09-12-2008 09:04 AM

i am saving my tokens for the pumpkin carver... Too much work to do until then... I will TRY to make time to get down there but no promises

Tom

SVXyGirl 09-12-2008 03:43 PM

Curses! I'll be in Virginia that day (the 27th). :( Oh well. I'll (hopefully) see everyone at the Pumpkin Carve.:cool:

Fancycargal 09-12-2008 08:00 PM

Hey everyone!

Larry, I'm familiar with Hemingways. I have several places in mind, and that could be one of them. Traditionally it has mixed ratings with we locals, but I haven't been there in a while, the view is great and I'm sure they are fine with crabs.

Tom, I hear you on work demands. Thanks for responding, no need to press yourself but would love to see you.

Rebecca, I'm not sure whether it will be the 27th or 28 - depends on the preferences of those who may attend. (Larry?) But maybe you wouldn't want to truck out here after doing VA the day before....

LarryIII 09-13-2008 01:14 PM

Fancycargal,

The 27th or 28th is ok with us. Our preference is Sat. the 27th.

ensteele 09-13-2008 01:35 PM

LarryIII - Would you pinch a crab for me? :lol: