The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Ebay Crap? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=15479)

Amazonparrot 01-08-2004 10:22 AM

Ebay Crap?

What is with the 3 or 4 different phoney power mods for the svx on ebay?....We are being plauged/overrun by all of these chip mods. I will continue to be displeased that the integrity of available svx parts on ebay is taken down as an average unless....someone can tell me or convince me that these mods hold value. GRRR! Sorry, not acutally mad, just annoyed and somewhat curious:(

SVX!

Mr. Pockets 01-08-2004 10:29 AM

Re: Ebay Crap?

Quote:

Originally posted by Amazonparrot
What is with the 3 or 4 different phoney power mods for the svx on ebay?....We are being plauged/overrun by all of these chip mods. I will continue to be displeased that the integrity of available svx parts on ebay is taken down as an average unless....someone can tell me or convince me that these mods hold value. GRRR! Sorry, not acutally mad, just annoyed and somewhat curious:(

SVX!

You're right, they really aren't of any value, but I blame the sellers and not eBay. There are still SVX parts and useful things on eBay, you just have to be wary of anything that promises cheap HP. And that goes for any car.

Alycone 01-08-2004 10:30 AM

Hey, those hooked-up mods give you raw furry dog power! :p

(if you missed the worst ever ebay ads, a search for "raw furry dog" will find the discussion)

Mr. Pockets 01-08-2004 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Alycone

They sure do. So does my Justy's rusted-out muffler. That 1-ft hole in the bottom of it means I have a 12-inch diameter exhaust in that mofo, right? ;)

Noir 01-08-2004 02:41 PM

how do you think they pay for their trannys and bearings? they have to scam somebody :D.

harry does the more scam dance. :D

Landshark 01-08-2004 03:31 PM

Quote:

(if you missed the worst ever ebay ads, a search for "raw furry dog" will find the discussion)

don't deny the power of the hooked-up scoop and mirrors!!!!

NikFu S. 01-08-2004 04:58 PM

i think i could convince you they dont hold value.

Darksied-X 01-08-2004 05:08 PM

Quote:

Hey, those hooked-up mods give you raw furry dog power!:p

Tha only problem is yo, that we's can't be peepin' dem sweet@$$ pics of da hooked-up Scoobi no mo, tha 1 wit da hooked-up Vette killa blingbling unda tha hoodz! Raw Fury Dawg 4Eva yo!

Okay, I had a relapse, but I'm fine now, really.;) On the serious side, someone really should have saved those pics for proof...and evidence.:rolleyes: Speaking of which, did we ever figure out who exactly the moron was? I remember someone actually bid on the last auction, but I don't think we ever heard anything from the bidder.

We should tread this ground carefully, though. Talking about the legendary "eBay Moron" in public once more is probably exactly what he's been waiting for, an opportunity to come out of retirement and back into the spotlight.:rolleyes:

NikFu S. 01-08-2004 05:14 PM

what? i wanna know about the legendary moron! :(

Darksied-X 01-08-2004 05:21 PM

Geez Nik, you've been here longer than me, and you missed the moron? Like Ally said, just do the search, you'll find out.;)

NikFu S. 01-08-2004 05:43 PM

i was gone for a while. but ok ill search it out.

edit: oh god.

oh.... oh i think im going to hurl.

:D

hookt up vents yo...
not even my friends talk like that.

Alycone 01-08-2004 10:45 PM

Quote:

Talking about the legendary "eBay Moron" in public once more is probably exactly what he's been waiting for, an opportunity to come out of retirement and back into the spotlight.
Hey, I'd be overjoyed to see what he'd come up with next, his ads were great. If the stuff wasn't so expensive, I'd be tempted to buy it just to support his artwork. It's not every day we get a creative genius like that on ebay. :p