The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   car unlocks when door shuts (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=40286)

redlightningsvx 08-14-2007 08:51 PM

car unlocks when door shuts

Ever since i bought my svx it unlocks the doors when i lock it from the inside and close it.I don't know y it does, i have already checked the locking button on the center console and it is ok and i checked inside of both doors and didn't see anything wrong.It's definatly a pain in the a$$ because i have to lock the doors with the key. the car is the 1994 Ls. If anyone knows how to fix this anoying problem please let me knowthanks
P.S.i just remembered that the halo light in the driver's door will not go out after the door is shut so i ended up cutting it if this helps out my situation any

Hocrest 08-14-2007 08:54 PM

That's the way it's supposed to work. If you hold up the handle while you close the door, it will stay locked.

Crazy_pilot 08-14-2007 08:58 PM

It makes it nearly impossible to lock yourself out of the car by accident.

SSSVX 08-14-2007 09:13 PM

Yeah, it's a safety design...my mazda has this feature too I like it. It's a good habit to lock with the key.

Install a keyless entry system so it will not be a pain to lock your doors anymore. :cool:

redlightningsvx 08-14-2007 09:27 PM

ok thats solves the damn thing but off the subject does anyone know why the green light in the driver door will not go out

Crazy_pilot 08-14-2007 09:32 PM

So you can unlock the pass door without having to lean across? Trust me, that's annoying. My power locks are dead, and I have no central switch anyway.

redlightningsvx 08-14-2007 09:35 PM

both doors unlock when i open it with the key and with the center button but both doors won't lock or unlock if i try to open it on the passenger door,only the pass. door unlocks or lock when i try the key not the driver door

SSSVX 08-14-2007 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redlightningsvx
ok thats solves the damn thing but off the subject does anyone know why the green light in the driver door will not go out

Which green light are you talking about? :rolleyes:

The key ring green light that surrounds the key hole?

redlightningsvx 08-15-2007 12:13 AM

YES, that's the one it just suddenly stayed on and wouldn't go off like it use to and i didnt no y so i cut it because i didn't want it sucking my battery dead

cozykat 08-15-2007 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazy_pilot
It makes it nearly impossible to lock yourself out of the car by accident.

haha.. Dustin (odepaj) might have to disagree.. Dustin locked me out of my car once and we had to use a coat hanger to get back in...

While my car is running, as soon as the door closes, its locked. You get no reaction time and it's caught a few people off guard.

my first experience as a car thief was trying to break into my own car.. :rolleyes:

cozykat 08-15-2007 12:52 AM

Quote:

YES, that's the one it just suddenly stayed on and wouldn't go off like it use to and i didnt no y so i cut it because i didn't want it sucking my battery dead

When you say it wouldn't go out, how long was it on until you had to cut the wire? It is suppose to come one as a reaction/notification that you pulled on the handle (attempting to access the vehicle). It also lights up when you deactivate the alarm with the remote.
I have never heard anyone with a problem of the light not going out.. but it intrigues me. When my car comes home, I will probably snoop in the door and see if I can figure out what causes the light up and fade.. I can guess but I'd rather look first.

Hocrest 08-15-2007 12:54 AM

I'm almost certain that the outside ringlight is controlled by the same timer circuit that controls all the interior lights and a few other timed functions.

b3lha 08-15-2007 01:18 AM

Quote:

both doors unlock when i open it with the key and with the center button but both doors won't lock or unlock if i try to open it on the passenger door,only the pass. door unlocks or lock when i try the key not the driver door

That is how it is supposed to work.

Manarius 08-15-2007 05:00 AM

Quote:

That's the way it worked on my Legacy too. Now granted my Legacy didn't have a central switch like the SVX does because the SVX can come factory fitted with a keyless entry system.

AlcyoneDaze 08-15-2007 10:03 AM

I would think the little green light on the door would require a few weeks of running before it drained the battery or anything