The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I feel like I should be shot... (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=12386)

Imprezzed 08-03-2003 05:38 AM

I feel like I should be shot...

Driving down the Bedford Highway here in Halifax, I saw another SVX! A Red 35th anniversary Edition! I though it was great, since I was in my SVX, and this guy was next to me! 2 SVX's side by side! Heh!

The next day however, I saw a red SVX coming my way. So, I give him the thumbs up! Much to my dismay, as I got closer, it was an early model Talon. Sometimes, it's tough to tell from the front! So buddy looks at me with a big grin on his face! I was so humiliated. I gave the thumbs to a Talon. *Sigh*

What should I do to save face?

immortal_suby 08-03-2003 09:26 AM

It happens, man - it happens. After a meet it is even worse. I was mistaking preludes for svx's on the way home from lafayette.

For penance you must go wax your svx. :D

ensteele 08-03-2003 09:56 AM

Re: I feel like I should be shot...

Quote:

Originally posted by Imprezzed
... A Red 35th anniversary Edition! ...

... What should I do to save face?

Bang! ;)

You migh try by calling it a 25th Anniversary Edition. ;) :D

svxeno 08-03-2003 10:22 AM

You're a better man than I to admit it. I would have looked around and, if no-one saw it, I'd deny it for life.

Now, as Immortal says, go wax your SVX. :p

Randy ii

svxxx26 08-03-2003 11:55 AM

Moderators, please assemble a firing squad.....;)

marlettpat 08-03-2003 01:11 PM

thats ok, we were waiting for mike at one of our dinner meets a while back and i mistaked a malibu for an svx. now, i didnt have my glasses on, i still know i should die :( :(

Chicane 08-03-2003 04:31 PM

What's wrong with a Talon? They're faster than our cars, which is cool.

- Rob

immortal_suby 08-03-2003 04:38 PM

Nothing wrong with talons, I know alot of girls who drive really fast talons.

Phast SVX 08-03-2003 05:12 PM

ya i do that every once in a while. But ive resorted to the point that if its not me or rob(green or black) then its probably not an SVX. :) I see a red and a claret every once in a while but other then that there arent very many SVX's in madison at all.
phil

ensteele 08-03-2003 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Chicane
What's wrong with a Talon? They're faster than our cars, which is cool.

- Rob

Nothing wrong with it, but they aren't SVXes! :rolleyes: :)

Trevor 08-03-2003 08:21 PM

Quote :-
And on the eighth day, God and Fuji Heavy Industries of Japan created the SVX. Then, God Went for a drive. He stopped at a Tim Hortons for Coffee. Then He locked his keys in the car. Then He got his upper driver side window busted by a numpty tow truck driver who failed to remove his head from his arse while trying to jimmy the door lock. Then, our anti-hero, spawn of Satan tow truck driver, shelled out $300 CDN for a new window. Then God blew a head gasket when He couldn't find a new window with the Bronze tint. Oh, He could find a blue one no problem, but, oh no, finding one with the bronze tint? Hah! Then God was pissed. Then God shelled out another $100 CDN bucks for installation of a window shipped from Japan. Then God was happy once again. And so he remained until the next damn thing breaks.

--Disclaimer: This story bears resemblance to a real life occurance.
----------------------------

WRONG, because in fact God drives a proper SVX like mine with a centre diff. and the steering wheel on the right side of the car, i.e. the right and correct side. Hallowed be its name.
He does not have and has not had this problem, hallelujah. He simply intervenes using his devine PIN as I can. Does that put me close to God when I enter my locked SVX with no key ? :confused:

P.S. NO disrespect in any way intended.

Imprezzed 08-03-2003 08:45 PM

*sigh*

No disrespect taken. However, because God, how you say, is "Low Budget" he can't afford all sorts of nice goodies like that.

Ron Mummert 08-03-2003 09:00 PM

Re: I feel like I should be shot...

I was so humiliated. I gave the thumbs to a Talon. *Sigh*

What should I do to save face? [/B][/QUOTE]

Next time use a different finger.

Ron (bird watcher).

NikFu S. 08-03-2003 09:03 PM

for the record, talons are not faster than svx's, and are definitely uglier.
i raced a turbocharged Eclipse GSX and took it out at 70.

highly modded talons are a different story. still, its blasphemous to enjoy such things as mitsubishis. they are so not classy.;)
theyre like nokias. :P

MNYPNNY 08-03-2003 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by immortal_suby
Nothing wrong with talons, I know alot of girls who drive really fast talons.
I'm thinking that I should be truly offended.

~~Michelle