The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What is this "Hooked-Up" BS???? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=11337)

JLittell 06-13-2003 10:53 AM

What is this "Hooked-Up" BS????

"Hooked-Up"....I must be getting older!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2419430695

...."Kick It"????????

JLittell 06-13-2003 11:01 AM

I added that to my signature until someone can give me a definition of "Hooked-Up"!!

alacrity024 06-13-2003 11:17 AM

okay, i think i have it figured out..

"hooked-up"

means

"with little lines drawn on it in Microsoft Paint"

so if i were to tell you that, say, my washing machine was "hooked-up" i would, in fact, be saying that i had taken a picture of it, scanned it, and used Microsoft Paint to add some black lines to it.

LOOK OUT RX7 HERE COMES SVX!!

awesome

-adam

JLittell 06-13-2003 11:19 AM

Laughing!....

"RAW FURY DOG"?????????????

svx_commuter 06-13-2003 11:54 AM

What? For real? Hooked-up means what? I here my son and his friends use that term. It means getting something from someone else. "Hey, John could you hook me up with a tire?" or say "Hook me up" after you hear something you want from another. Most likely a carry over from catching fish. I hope. :D So when I finally get the tire I would be "Hooked up". (just kidding about the tire John :) LOL this is)

Aside from that.... the SVX needs a few vents in the engine bay. The one in the front of the hood is in the right place, I think there will be a lot of pressure right there. I want something I could close in the winter but then again these could be for everyday use. I think the parts from the OBS would fit also but nothing for the side fenders.

strange179 06-13-2003 12:04 PM

one more meaning

Some people also use "hooked up" to mean "awesome" or "very cool" ie: "That turbo SVX is hooked up!" It is similar to "tight" as in "Those 20 inch rims are tight!" :rolleyes: Sometimes it is spoken slowly and with a slight pause between "hooked" and "up" for emphasis.

Jay

WestCoastSVX 06-13-2003 12:29 PM

What exactly is being sold here? :confused:

alacrity024 06-13-2003 12:38 PM

i think this guy wants to give the impression that he's selling a "vent kit" for the svx... this is highly questionable, and in fact, unnecessary..

at a NESVX meet a year back, during a chat with a Subaru Master Technician, we learned that the engine compartment of the SVX is very specifically designed to pull air through in the best possible fashion. altering it by adding scoops or vents could actually mess things up and make them worse instead of better..

unless it's feeding an intercooler or a ram-air intake, a vent or scoop on the SVX's hood is unnecessary.

-adam

WestCoastSVX 06-13-2003 12:45 PM

Thanks! I was confused by what he was trying to get across. So alledgedly all the black lines drawn on are supposed to be for sale as vent inserts or something? I see mention of torches and saws! :eek:

Good info on the hood scoop issue though, especially for anyone considering the c/f hood!

WestCoastSVX 06-13-2003 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by JLittell
Laughing!....

"RAW FURY DOG"?????????????

LMAO!!!! I just tried to read that through again and saw that part too! What the heck?

Is that supposed to be "Raw furry dog" or "Raw fury, dawg?" :D

WestCoastSVX 06-13-2003 12:52 PM

This is too much fun

Under the payment section at the bottom:

Payment Details
U.S. Shipping and Handling US $30.00 :eek:

Payment Instructions
Pay first then ship

Pay first then ship? No @#$%! Unless he means the customer pays first, and then the customer also ships (since there appears to be no actual product). It's kinda hard to tell from the grammar use. :rolleyes:

JLittell 06-13-2003 01:06 PM

I think the seller has a dog too that comes with "dem hooked up scoops!!??":D...Or maybe he or she is trying to market a state-of the-art SVX style pooper- scooper??

WestCoastSVX 06-13-2003 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by JLittell
Or maybe he or she is trying to market a state-of the-art SVX style pooper- scooper??
Well hey, that is just what you need for your '98 Lab! :D

JLittell 06-13-2003 01:27 PM

I would need 2 for the lab!:eek:...Still confused about the "kick-it" part??:confused:

Scott 06-13-2003 01:35 PM

You people don't know anything. How long have you been here? Those are the gill kit for the underwater units. Do I have to point everything out to you?