The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Sold (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2523)

Seraph 01-21-2002 12:16 PM

Sold

The ebay acution is now over and I am going to sign over the papers on Friday. Perhaps even on Wed. We'll see how this goes. Now that the 94L is out of my hands I am in the hunt for one now. Keep a look out for me guys!

Lwin

Aredubjay 01-21-2002 12:26 PM

Lwin, congrats on the sale and good luck in your hunt. Hope you find an excellent one soon!

Mr. Pockets 01-21-2002 12:39 PM

Re: Sold

Quote:

Originally posted by Seraphim
The ebay acution is now over and I am going to sign over the papers on Friday. Perhaps even on Wed. We'll see how this goes. Now that the 94L is out of my hands I am in the hunt for one now. Keep a look out for me guys!

Lwin

What are you hoping to find?

1994SubaruSVX 01-21-2002 02:37 PM

lwin

you sold your svx? wow.......i think i am in shock. so are you going to buy another one?

Aredubjay 01-21-2002 03:16 PM

Re: lwin

Quote:

Originally posted by 1994SubaruSVX
you sold your svx? wow.......i think i am in shock. so are you going to buy another one?
Um, if I may quote from Lwin's original post:

Now that the 94L is out of my hands I am in the hunt for one now. Keep a look out for me guys!

So, no, I don't guess he wants another one. :rolleyes:

1994SubaruSVX 01-21-2002 03:46 PM

you know...

eddy shows up and you turn a-hole......what am i going to do with you?

i was being sarcastic. why would he want another svx with potential problems when he had one that he knew the history on? i know the problems with my svx. buying another one is like a crap shoot.....you dont know what you are getting.

Aredubjay 01-21-2002 04:01 PM

Re: you know...

Quote:

Originally posted by 1994SubaruSVX
eddy shows up and you turn a-hole......
Can you think of a better reason? :D

Seraph 01-21-2002 04:27 PM

Eddy?

I saw EC bidding on my car and I sent him a message. As for a replacement, I am getting another SVX. I am taking a chance. I wanted an AWD (AWS) :D SVX anyways. Hehe. I am talking a guy in FL about a 92 burgundy with 110k miles for cheap. It would be really helpful if someone can go and take a look at it for me. But chances are I am going to fly down over the weekend and drive her up to chicago. I might stop by on the way back -- in places like KY... So, you guys in TN and KY gonna be in?

Lwin

svxistentialist 01-21-2002 04:46 PM

Best of Luck

with the search Lwin

Hope you get a good one. My advice is, if the car is good, and you want to buy, you should get a good tranny mechanic to check it out. Minimal drive it and see all changes etc are OK. Do a stall test if the owner lets you. Bad news to buy an ostensibly "cheap" car, and then shell out 3 or 4 grand just to keep it rolling. Buy the best you can afford.

Joe

SSSVX 01-21-2002 09:26 PM

Re: Sold

ohhh the red one was on the ebay w/ some big dents at the rear-left angle was yours.. :D

Good Luck hunting AWD+aws.. :D

Seraph 01-21-2002 09:34 PM

It's not that big. It's something that I can not notice unless I polish the damn thing then it shines and stuck out. There are some scratches here and there but I am not saying that's the car is out the factory brand new. It is a 94 with 99.9k miles right?
Mech. is running fine. I pretty much fixed everything on that. AWD I can find. I thought all SVXes comes with AWS?? :D :D

enough have been said. I should shut up now. Now, to pick up that green with 130k or that maroon with 200k? From looking at doug's car. I know that SVX will last beyond 200k though.

Lwin

SSSVX 01-21-2002 10:47 PM

Quote:

It's not that big. It's something that I can not notice unless I polish the damn thing then it shines and stuck out. There are some scratches here and there but I am not saying that's the car is out the factory brand new. It is a 94 with 99.9k miles right?
Mech. is running fine. I pretty much fixed everything on that. AWD I can find. I thought all SVXes comes with AWS?? :D :D

enough have been said. I should shut up now. Now, to pick up that green with 130k or that maroon with 200k? From looking at doug's car. I know that SVX will last beyond 200k though.

Lwin
it's BIG to me if i zoomed in your old beautiul red svx's picture on ebay. :D :D

hehe, i'm not sure if all the SVXes come with AWS? i definitely know mine is AWD + aws (that's passive). :p

even though i kind of heard the ~X will last to 250K or more, pick the 130k w/ teal one.(92?) reasons: 1) mine is 92 teal so we've same color :p 2)you already had a red don't get something similar to the red man. :D 3)lesser mileage may mean last much longer. that's huge 70K difference!!! mine is '92 teal only 58K but my AWD is not fully operating now.. :( (can you help me?:p) but surely my aws is working cool. :D

Aredubjay 01-22-2002 04:29 PM

Re: Eddy?

Quote:

I saw EC bidding on my car and I sent him a message. As for a replacement, I am getting another SVX. I am taking a chance. I wanted an AWD (AWS) :D SVX anyways. Hehe. I am talking a guy in FL about a 92 burgundy with 110k miles for cheap. It would be really helpful if someone can go and take a look at it for me. But chances are I am going to fly down over the weekend and drive her up to chicago. I might stop by on the way back -- in places like KY... So, you guys in TN and KY gonna be in?

Lwin

Lwin, my schedule's "iffy" this weekend. My sister is in from Atlanta and she's supposed to be coming to visit (haven't seen her in a couple of years). Let me know when you're coming through (you'll probably not come very close to me -- you'll be traveling I-65 through KY) and I'll see If I can find the time to meet up.

svxter 01-22-2002 05:31 PM

Re: Eddy?

Quote:

Lwin

Well, if you come up I-75 and go through Knoxville, you'll be in my neck of the woods. I will be around this weekend. Let me know your route and schedule, and if it is all possible, I'd enjoy meeting somewhere.

Seraph 01-22-2002 10:29 PM

NOPE!

The guy that won the bid on the car today decides that he was not "comfortable" with the car after seeing the car. Although his brother in law (or brother) owns a couple of Subarus, he had been a ford man all his life. He said he liked the handling and all but he was not sure about the oil marks under the car (from diff/tranny leak). I was needless to say pissed. So if anyone is selling stuff on ebay, watch an eye out for "fasflyt -- falcon1969@msn.com." He also said that he has seen a lot of "show cars" that were clean boh on the top as well as under the car. Did I ever mentioned that I had a show car? Who is going to sell a show car for 5500 anyways? I am going to put the car on ebay again tomorrow. This time, if the higest bidding moron does not buy it, I will send in -- I don't know who yet -- but someone nasty. I am just plain unhappy tonight

Lwin