The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New Subaru (SVX!?)Design Look Feb2003 (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8889)

Roel Albers 02-20-2003 01:18 PM

New Subaru (SVX!?)Design Look Feb2003

Dear All,

Perhaps the news is already out in the US, but the new Subaru Look that ex Alfa Romeo chief designer Zapatinas will be responsible for has been established.!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take a look in my locker. There will be a show car in Geneva this March.

Also, for your information: the Saab 9/X study will get a follow up in a new Saab 9/1 model. General Motors has decided it will be built on ...................... the Subaru Impreza WRX technique!

SubaRoel

Uncamitzi 02-20-2003 02:02 PM

Re: New Subaru (SVX!?)Design Look Feb2003

Quote:

Originally posted by Roel Albers
Dear All,

Perhaps the news is already out in the US, but the new Subaru Look that ex Alfa Romeo chief designer Zapatinas will be responsible for has been established.!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take a look in my locker. There will be a show car in Geneva this March.

Also, for your information: the Saab 9/X study will get a follow up in a new Saab 9/1 model. General Motors has decided it will be built on ...................... the Subaru Impreza WRX technique!

SubaRoel

The more I look at that sketch.... the more I realize it dosen's show anything.... I'm not impressed....

I keep hearing from strangers that my car looks brand new... that it looks 10 years ahead of it's time....

Subaru...! Bring back the SVX....! The wrx is great if you want a rally car.... I don't. I want a touring car.... and that's what I have in my SVX...... [/rant]

Tim 02-20-2003 02:07 PM

People thought my car was a 2002/2003 :D

LarryIII 02-20-2003 02:07 PM

Mitch,

Let's face it, Ital Design was way, way ahead of it's time.
Maybe that's one of the reasons that the car did not sell well.
Suby's loss is our gain.

PS: It looks like Alfa 1600 Guiletta meets Amadeus.
AS Ralph Cramden (Jackie Gleason) used to say; "What a revolting development this is !!"

Earthworm 02-20-2003 04:57 PM

We've seen what the SVX (prototypes) looked like on paper. This new car should go through various alterations before becoming a physical reality.

petesvx2 02-20-2003 05:16 PM

I was recently asked if I was driving a new 2003 Cougar. :rolleyes:

SupaSuba06 02-21-2003 05:41 AM

I'd have to say im not really that impressed with the design either :o But I guess I'll probably grow to like it just like i did the SVX

Aredubjay 02-21-2003 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Earthworm
We've seen what the SVX (prototypes) looked like on paper.
Yes. The intitial designs became the Nazca! :D

Aredubjay 02-21-2003 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by TE1221
People thought my car was a 2002/2003 :D
Yes, people at Autofest in 2001 couldn't understand why our 2002 model cars were being displayed at a classic auto show. :D The look on their faces, when they read the plaquard "!992 Subaru SVX", was priceless. :D:D:D One of my favorite comments (outside, "Who makes the Subaru?"), was the fellow that said, "I didn't know they made enough of these that you could get 4 together at the same time." :D

zamorush 02-21-2003 10:05 AM

future SVX

What do you guys think of Amadeus
It looks kind of weird but that is what makes it rare.
Ahh...... I am so dissapointed that car has not hit the road, there might have been another "Amadeus" club going on right now.

But yeah, like most of you, I would really appreciate the production of the NEW SVX, and the New WRX would not do it. It just can't get the right look from people around you, and can't match the touring performance of an SVX.

........vote for a new SVX!!!!!!! and give salute to the old one.......

nik