The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Ok Colorado people, lets ***** about snow... (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=36642)

dwd1985 12-21-2006 05:10 PM

Ok Colorado people, lets ***** about snow...

Man this storm sucks! Theres probably about 30 inches outside, and I am SNOWED IN FOR THE SECOND DAY IN A ROW! I am going stir crazy. My SVX did manage to plow about 10 feet backwards out of the driveway, but is now stuck at the edge of my cul-de-sac, and now is so stuck I cant go forwards or backwards! But I did verify that my AWD is working, because I can watch the back tires spin as I hit the gas :p .The front tires arent moving at all though, so I am stuck until the plows ome to rescue me.

Just thought Id complain alittle, and im bored out of my mind. Other colorado people need to jump in and complain alittle too!

Ira Davis 12-21-2006 09:01 PM

Alright I'll pitch in!

Only problem is... I'm kind of a glass is half full kind of guy.:)

Hell yeah I'm snowed in for two days!:D

My REX and SVX are not going to be moving for awhile.

Did I mention... I can't get to work tomorrow!:D

Looks like my vacation starts early... twelve days off!:D

Only bummer is that I really wanted to go out and play with the SVX in the snow. Guess I'll go to the old Westland Target's abandoned parking lot on Saturday. :cool:

Ira

Earthworm 12-22-2006 07:21 AM

30", that's all? :p
'tis but a wee dusting :D

shelfy 12-22-2006 09:39 AM

at least you jokers have internet at home. :mad:

dwd1985 12-22-2006 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Earthworm
30", that's all? :p
'tis but a wee dusting :D

Crazy canadians! But I do like that one sport that you gave us :D

Earthworm 12-22-2006 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shelfy
at least you jokers have internet at home. :mad:

Yeah...for about 5 minutes at a time. Currently battling an issue with my ISP over some reliability issues. (svx-iw.com is down during all this)

chitownsvx 12-22-2006 11:06 AM

Hey Im in Chicago

Don't complain about snow cuz we get it here all the time and the worse part about it all is that nothing closes here when it snows. Schools are still open work is still working and yall closed in just relax a little and maybe make a new baby. :)

shelfy 12-22-2006 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Earthworm
Yeah...for about 5 minutes at a time. Currently battling an issue with my ISP over some reliability issues. (svx-iw.com is down during all this)

david:

i have nothing but the utmost respect for you and all you do for the forum. i was taking about the other jokers. guess i'm just bitter because i canceled my phone services (land line and dsl) and was bored out of my mind for two days. :(

shelfy 12-22-2006 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chitownsvx
Don't complain about snow cuz we get it here all the time and the worse part about it all is that nothing closes here when it snows. Schools are still open work is still working and yall closed in just relax a little and maybe make a new baby. :)

you get three feet of snow on a regular basis?

Crazy_pilot 12-22-2006 02:53 PM

Ugh, all this talk about snow makes me unhappy. Send me some! FedEx me a few tons! Ottawa's supposed to be all white this time of year, but there isn't a single snowflake anywhere. I've only gone out to do donuts once!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Mr. Pockets 12-22-2006 02:56 PM

I have to tell you guys, I'm really jealous of the snow you're getting in Colorado. The most snow I've seen at a time since moving to IL is about 6".

That grass, man...it's so green over there. :p

dwd1985 12-22-2006 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazy_pilot
Ugh, all this talk about snow makes me unhappy. Send me some! FedEx me a few tons! Ottawa's supposed to be all white this time of year, but there isn't a single snowflake anywhere. I've only gone out to do donuts once!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

No snow huh? Maybe Ill move to Ottawa

I finally managed to get free this morning. The stupid city of Fort Collins doesnt think that neighborhood roads are worth plowing, so my neighbor borrowed some machinery from his job, and plowed our street out. I still had to shovel out my tires, but once on the road, I was unstoppable! At least I am no longer trapped in my house, it was getting quite old and boring.

tmuzz94 12-22-2006 03:06 PM

i just want to state for the record that im wicked jealous of this colorado weather... im in CT and we havent even had snow yet.. so if you could just send some my way, that would be great... just got new skiis and i want to use them :mad:

shelfy 12-22-2006 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Pockets
I have to tell you guys, I'm really jealous of the snow you're getting in Colorado. The most snow I've seen at a time since moving to IL is about 6".

That grass, man...it's so green over there. :p

no green grass for me until possibly april. the joys of owning a north-facing home. crazy homebuilders. :(

shelfy 12-22-2006 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ira Davis
Guess I'll go to the old Westland Target's abandoned parking lot on Saturday. :cool:

Ira

i haven't heard anyone use the name "westland" for ages. you now have me thinking about the 600 different fashion bar stores they had in that mall. :D