The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Sold it today (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=61473)

tiv0 03-23-2013 07:56 PM

Sold it today

Well, after about 3 years I sold my silver SVX today.

She didn't have much wrong with her, just some wheel bearing noise and a clicking axle, obvious little paint chips and dents, the black top and trunk were starting to fade pretty bad, and a small oil leak.

Originally a California car, it was shipped by the previous owner to NY where it sat in storage for a small amount of time and then I purchased it and had it shipped to Nebraska with 84k on the odometer. I used it there as a daily driver for about two years, and in April last year I roadtripped down here to Arizona where I've been going to school for the last year. Sold it today with 126k.

I wasn't 100% set on getting rid of the car; believe me, I loved the thing. This was my second SVX, the other I got right when I turned 16, so I've been daily driving an SVX for the last 5 1/2 years basically. Lately I'd been tossing the idea around of selling it. I could definitely use a bigger car, and would really like to not worry about having to locate and buy one of those windows if they broke (especially the windshield, not to mention a lot of the other parts), and so I threw the idea out to a few people that I was thinking of selling it. Just last week a coworker of mine asked if it was for sale and told me his brother was VERY interested. I let him come out and look at it a couple days later and he told me right then he wanted it. Being that the car was really pretty clean (only one small rust bubble on the pass. door) I feared the idea of taking it back to Nebraska after I graduate school and putting it through the nasty, salty winters we deal with there, so I was happy to get rid of it where it can at least stay rust free down here in AZ. My coworker owns an '06 wrx and I guess a couple other people in their family are Subaru guys too, so I felt pretty good handing the keys over.

I've got a million stories with that car, and I could go on and on for days about all the good, the bad, and the most memorable times I've had in the SVX. It was the hardest thing to watch it drive away today for good, but I'm ready to move on. I'll always be able to say my first two vehicles were the most fantastic cars I ever could have asked for, and who knows, maybe I'll own another sometime down the road.

Last shot I took before she drove off:
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...39611888_n.jpg

Blacky 03-23-2013 08:30 PM

Re: Sold it today

A sad day indeed.:(

How much did it sell for if you don't mind me asking?

Subix 03-23-2013 08:50 PM

That one looks awesome! I too am interested in how much you sold it for if you don't mind sharing... :)

tiv0 03-24-2013 04:08 PM

Got rid of it for $3k cash, a really good price for the guy if you ask me. I probably could have got more if I had posted it online and gotten more attention on the sale, but I was happy with the price.

SVXMAN2001 03-24-2013 04:34 PM

I remember when you bought/got this car! Wow, time fly's....and i am getting old :(

Sean486 03-24-2013 06:33 PM

Yeah sounds like you sold it low, but a quick sale is worth some money off. Sounds like it found a good home.

tiv0 03-24-2013 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVXMAN2001 (Post 721570)
I remember when you bought/got this car! Wow, time fly's....

Yes it does, I couldn't believe I'd had the car as long as I did. I know it's nothing in comparison to how many years some of the senior members on this site have owned an SVX, but it was definitely a good chunk of time.

I have mixed feelings about it being gone, but I know it'll just be a matter of time before I move onto something else and direct my attention elsewhere. The plan is to stick with Subaru; most likely looking into a Legacy or WRX wagon, but I'm in no particular rush to buy something else. I've got a little E30 econobox to get me around until I find something.

Subix 03-25-2013 04:12 AM

Wow, that's an incredible price for the condition and miles... or at least judging from the surface.

bwb3 03-25-2013 07:25 AM

Sorry to hear your sold it. What happened to the Mustang wheels?

Gene

tiv0 03-26-2013 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwb3 (Post 721590)
Sorry to hear your sold it. What happened to the Mustang wheels?

Gene

Still have them. Wasn't going to include them and give him that good of a deal!

The tires on them have about 5/32" tread left. I figure I'll throw them up on craigslist sometime here soon, I have no use for them anymore.

Gene, sorry if this sounds like a dumb question, but are you running hub-centric rings with yours? If not, I have a set I can send you :D

bwb3 03-26-2013 09:18 AM

No, I never installed a set Trevor. Check your PM.
Gene

etz bseder 06-04-2020 07:44 AM

Hey tiv0, I’m looking to buy your old SVX from the guy you sold it to. Any chance you can chat with me a little about what you did with the car to fix it up when you owned it? And do you remember if you replaced the timing belt and had any issues with transmission. I assume no tranny cooler was added?

I can’t see the photo you posted, but now the car is almost an army green with really faded black trunk and top still in AZ.