The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Minor electrical problem? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=30052)

Gravija 12-04-2005 03:32 PM

Minor electrical problem?

I was driving my SVX in the rain on thursday and it started throwing up a "stop lamp" warning on the dashboard.

I checked and all of my brake lights work fine, but the light keeps coming on every time i press the brake (no matter what kind of pressure i put on it)

I'm thinking its condensation I have in those lights or there's something awry with the electrical system. I also have condensation in the waterfall grill.

Any ideas?

Also, if i turn on the heat to say like 76 and its really like 68 or so inside the car, should the vents be blowing hot air out? Mine only seems to let hot air from the vents for the legs and none up top. Those vents do blow AC though.

Thanks

ensteele 12-04-2005 04:11 PM

That is the way the vents work. They don't all blow heat or Cool air.

I would try to dry out the rear lights and see if the trouble light goes out. If there is moisture in the waterfall grill, it doesn't really matter other than look bad. You can search about the moisture problem and find out how to fix the seals. Good luck. :)

Sixpack Subaru 12-18-2005 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravija
I was driving my SVX in the rain on thursday and it started throwing up a "stop lamp" warning on the dashboard.

I checked and all of my brake lights work fine, but the light keeps coming on every time i press the brake (no matter what kind of pressure i put on it)

I'm thinking its condensation I have in those lights or there's something awry with the electrical system. I also have condensation in the waterfall grill.

Any ideas?

Also, if i turn on the heat to say like 76 and its really like 68 or so inside the car, should the vents be blowing hot air out? Mine only seems to let hot air from the vents for the legs and none up top. Those vents do blow AC though.

Thanks

Sorry for the delay.....:D
Got a tralier plug on there??? Otherwise, hunt for water in the rear?

TomsSVX 12-19-2005 01:02 AM

That light will go off sometimes before a bulb goes completely out... I had the light going off on mine but everything was working... Replaced all the lamps and game over for the warning light

Tom

Pearlywhites1992 12-19-2005 03:01 PM

That light will go off sometimes before a bulb goes completely out...

That would explain why last week when I asked a friend if all my brake lights were working, he said yes. When I looked, one was out! You can pick up the bulbs cheap at any parts store. Be aware that there are two different bulbs,
though they look alike. (One has two "nipples" on the end of the bulb, and the other only one...sorry, I don't know the technical term!)

Earthworm 12-19-2005 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pearlywhites1992
Be aware that there are two different bulbs,
though they look alike. (One has two "nipples" on the end of the bulb, and the other only one...sorry, I don't know the technical term!)

The correct bulb would be the 1157 model.

Conn SVX 12-20-2005 06:28 PM

Trailer hitch

DID see mention of a trailer connector ?Anyone ever put a trailer hitch on one of these cars? If so HOW.

Sixpack Subaru 12-20-2005 07:35 PM

Over here in australia, we had 'Towpacks' offered as a genuine accessory!!

Earthworm 12-21-2005 10:11 AM

It's been done as a custom install. Try a search.