The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Probably back to a 1 SVX family. *sad pics* (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=22043)

Bwana 10-18-2004 10:51 AM

Probably back to a 1 SVX family. *sad pics*

So, yesterday, my mom, little brother, and my girlfriend came up to Milwaukee to visit me at school (and go to the Auto-x at Miller Park)
After the auto-x, we dropped my car off at the parking lot, and all hopped in my mom's car.
We were on our way down to the lake to see the scenery. Following a church van down some side streets, we pulled up to a stop sign.
The van stopped, and I stopped behind it. All of a sudden, they throw the van in reverse, and give it some gas. I honked, put the car in neutral (on my way to reverse) and let go of the brake, trying to minimize the damage by letting the car roll.
The van was still going fast enough to plow right in to the front of the SVX.
So here's the aftermath.
http://www.smatrixt.com/pics/svx/92/3.jpg
2 more pics here: http://www.smatrixt.com/pics/svx/92/

The damage may not look TOO bad in the pics, but the whole radiator support beam thingy got pushed back, and is almost completely straight now. My mom is waiting for a fax on the estimate. The garage we took it to said $2200. So it might not be totalled. (probably be better if it was though)

Everyone's ok, and sorry if the post is a little jumbled...still pretty upset about it. :(

And a some pics from the auto-x (got there late, and didnt get to see any of the subies run. The yellow s2k was the fastest car there (that I saw atleast))
http://www.smatrixt.com/pics/milparkautox/

SubaSteevo 10-18-2004 11:59 AM

Did the driver happen to say why the hell he threw it in reverse?

kayvon 10-18-2004 12:19 PM

:eek:

SHISVX 10-18-2004 12:27 PM

death to that moron!

Kelli

Bwana 10-18-2004 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by BurgundyBeast
Did the driver happen to say why the hell he threw it in reverse?
He wanted to go park in a spot he passed...like 2 miles behind him. :rolleyes:

Seraph 10-18-2004 12:48 PM

I have all the parts for the car (as in body parts). I can give them to you cheap too. Call me

Hood, fenders, lights etc.

Bwana 10-18-2004 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Seraph
I have all the parts for the car (as in body parts). I can give them to you cheap too. Call me

Hood, fenders, lights etc.

Will do, if it's not totalled, and we decide to fix it.

Knightwulf 10-18-2004 01:36 PM

:mad:

Urge to kill.. Rising....

NapaBavarian 10-18-2004 04:21 PM

Even if it is "totaled" it looks like a fixer, as long as the main chassis isn't bent (significantly) most of the front end parts are usually easy to replace, espically ig you can find color matched parts...

:( :( :mad:

Earthworm 10-18-2004 04:41 PM

It's unfortunate that there are people out there like that.

I hope you were able to get pics of the other vehicle. I've learned my lesson and keep a camera in my car for just such a reason.

The last insurance claim (for a door ding) the other party denied it even though I actually had them re-open their door to verify that it lined up with the ding on my door. Next time I will take a picture so there is no doubt.

By the way those S2000's usually clean up here as well.

Bwana 10-18-2004 05:01 PM

Yeah, I got pics of the other vehicle, and the cop who came gave him a ticket. I heard him admit guilt to the officer too. It was one of those big vans that carry like 15 people. It was a church van (only had 2 people in it) from like: Something Power of something something something...lol

Bwana 10-18-2004 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Earthworm

By the way those S2000's usually clean up here as well.

Yeah, that yellow one was beating everyone else by over second. He was running around 58.8, the next closest was that yellow Z06, and a silver Z06 were around 59.9-60

Chiketkd 10-18-2004 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Knightwulf
:mad:

Urge to kill.. Rising....

I feel you buddy! Stupid, irresponsible van driver... :mad: :mad: :mad:

-Chike

UberRoo 10-18-2004 08:43 PM

I guess I'd have to give it a good look-see, but those upper cross bars are usually not structural. Sometimes they give the fenders a bit of rigidity to keep the hood lines straight, but usually all they do is hold the radiator, headlights, and hood latch in place. I've cut the bars out so it'd be easier to pull the engines. On the Subaru I did this too, I reinstalled a similar bar because it holds the headlights. On the Honda I've done this to, I never replaced it.

With a new hood, fender, mock light, and radiator[?], I think this whole thing could be fixed in about an hour in your backyard. ...but I guess I'd have to poke my nose under there before I swore on it. (That's my foot-in-mouth prevention disclaimer.)

...oh. Your DieHard is showing. :)

Weebitob 10-18-2004 09:21 PM

Take lemons and turn them into lemonade

Perhaps you can take this as an opportunity to put on a cover with a hood scoop or at least have that one or a new one molded so you can put an intercooler in.

I know I am not helping but sometimes you have to take some tragedies and turn them into opportunities.

Remember, you can take lemons and turn them into lemonade. :D

Just make sure you don't have too many lemons.

Quote:

The damage may not look TOO bad in the pics, but the whole radiator support beam thingy got pushed back, and is almost completely straight now. My mom is waiting for a fax on the estimate. The garage we took it to said $2200. So it might not be totalled. (probably be better if it was though)
Oh, I didn't immediately realize you had that. Well, you can always remove that, beef up the frame and turn it into an SCCA sanctioned racecar. If you do not want to, sell it to someone who wants to.