The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What parts are compatible between SVX and other cars? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=32422)

floatingkiwi 04-01-2006 07:13 AM

What parts are compatible between SVX and other cars?

I thought it might be a nice idea to make a thread to list ANY parts that are common to the SVX and any other car, be it a suby or not. Especially for the engine I guess, but anything would be good. This list would make it much easier to get the parts that are interchangeable, and/or hard to come by in certain countries.

(feeling like a dork)- unfortunately I can't start the list off!! I think this could be a great idea if we can get it going..

1) ........

Matt

Terminal 04-01-2006 07:38 AM

All those annoying little micro-lights in the switch boxes (fogs, cruise, rear defrost, etc.) can be replaced with lights that Honda uses to light the clocks in their 90's Accords and Civics. This is the bulb and holder assesmbly, not just the (shorter) bulb you can get at RadioShack. Available for $1 and some change at your local Honda dealership.

I know, small thing, but I couldn't find ANYTHING conclusive on a direct replacement in previous searches.

NoName 04-03-2006 12:24 AM

???????????

I thought it might be a nice idea to make a thread to list ANY parts that are common to dogs and any other mammals, be it a suby or not. Especially for the organs I guess, but anything would be good. This list would make it much easier to get the parts that are interchangeable, and/or hard to come by in certain countries.

(feeling like a dork)- unfortunately I can't start the list off!! I think this could be a great idea if we can get it going..

1) ........

-JJ- 04-03-2006 12:59 AM

why all the ?????????, i think its a great idea, people should post

SVX Part : Alternative Part

and any explanation needed!!
Now just for some responses

NikFu S. 04-03-2006 01:08 AM

Engine fan assembly comes from Nissan Altima.
Brake pads, maybe calipers come from Nissan, as well does most of the transmission and various other parts including the rear diff, but there has not been enough research to figure out if much hot swappable or model unique.

floatingkiwi 04-03-2006 02:37 AM

Part numbers too chaps if possible.
So, we've got:

1) Switch indicator/illumination lights : Honda Clock light from 90's Accords/Civics Part numbers?

2) Engine Fan Assembly : Nissan Altima

3) Brake parts - anyone shed more light on this?

4) Dog Brains : ????????

SilverSpear 04-03-2006 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by floatingkiwi
Part numbers too chaps if possible.
So, we've got:

1) Switch indicator/illumination lights : Honda Clock light from 90's Accords/Civics Part numbers?

2) Engine Fan Assembly : Nissan Altima

3) Brake parts - Front = 93-94 Nissan pathfinder, rear = Isuzu Trooper (not sure which year)

4) Dog Brains : ????????

Brakes ^^^^ ;)

black beast 04-04-2006 06:55 PM

I always wanted six pot cals in front and four pots in the rear, Is there a car we can steal them from? Or a after market for other cars that will fit us?

spinn360 04-04-2006 07:13 PM

I think this could take a while. Also I think the pads are from a nissan pathfinder but not sure so ?????????

I also believe that the chiuau, uh chiiwawa..... oh whatever that taco bell dog is called I believe its brain is interchangable with our presidents then at least he would be able to speak albeit in another language.:D

NikFu S. 04-04-2006 07:43 PM

Chihuahua.
I only know how to spell it because it was the 50th rank in this one Super Scope game for Snes.

spinn360 04-04-2006 07:45 PM

nik your always fixing my spelling. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ....usually I do it for some point all though I know nat

also scotty doesnt know

Manarius 04-04-2006 08:10 PM

A lot of the parts on the SVXi are similar to the Early 90's Legacies.

SVX-FF 04-04-2006 09:52 PM

Transmission A-solenoid are compatible with Nissan. :D

Steve

NikFu S. 04-04-2006 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spinn360
nik your always fixing my spelling. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ....usually I do it for some point all though I know nat
also scotty doesnt know

Oh ok. #char

TomsSVX 04-05-2006 01:13 AM

'05+ Sti 17" wheels

Tom