The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Vancover Cannucks Bertuzzi (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=17086)

JLittell 03-10-2004 02:33 PM

Vancover Cannucks Bertuzzi

What should be Todd Bertuzzi's repercussion be for the cheap shot that he gave Colorado Avalanche's Steve Moore?

BTW, This is causing quite an uprising here in Denver!

Here's some more info if you don't know what the details were:http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=1754963

Royal Tiger 03-10-2004 02:44 PM

You don't have very many other options listed in your poll. I'm a die hard Hockey fan (Devils) and think he should be banned forever and possibly criminaly charged. Assault is assault no matter what "work" you are doing. If you work on a loading dock and intentionaly drop a pallet on someone you get charged, why is sports different? Because they are all way over paid?

JLittell 03-10-2004 02:46 PM

Unfortunately the options of this poll more or less will be reality. This recent NHL occurance has sickened me.... Maybe a year of not having NHL hockey would be a good thing!

nordique14 03-10-2004 06:39 PM

I'm here in Whistler (about an hour north of Vancouver) and I can tell you that even the Canucks fans are shocked by Bertuzzi's actions. Some local idiots don't see a problem, but the majority of people here shocked. It's not the outrage that is seen in Colorado, but Bertuzzi does not have the support of the locals. For good reason too.

Matt

Go Sharks!

shelfy 03-10-2004 09:03 PM

i can't vote either. his career should end.

LarryIII 03-11-2004 04:37 AM

I say kick him out of the NHL forever.
I also say that the criminal case should proceed and like any other mugger, he should sit in jail, waiting for his court appearance.

I am a NY Ranger fan and have been since the mid 50's, so I know what "blood on the ice" means.

manofmayo 03-11-2004 12:09 PM

Hang him by his nuts

He should be banned for life. All his money, past, present and future should go to into a fund to 1) help the injured dude 2) prevent this from happening again and 3) public service announcements to our kids that this c**p will not be tolerated.

I think that he should be charged and thrown in prison with Bubba.

Finally, I think the season should be stopped (or cancelled) and all the players and coaches be sent to sensitivity training; and those that refuse to attend will be banned for life or have their nuts cut off.

A little extreme? Yeah. But this really pisses me off. Now look how many kids will think this type of behavior is acceptable. In a few months we are going to be hearing about all sorts of similar cases in baseball, football, etc.

Off my soapbox - calm down - and back to work!

WestCoastSVX 03-11-2004 12:26 PM

I work at a arena that hosts a minor league hockey team. (I work on the A/V staff, operating the camera and ads for the jumbo screens, etc.) Just started this season and had never really paid much attention to hockey before.

I was shocked at how brutal it is and what they are allowed to get away with. Guess it is part of the game, but wow. Just constant pounding, slamming, paybacks, and when the inevitable fights do come, the refs just stand back and watch, no matter what happens, until one of them hits the ground. Weird.

I realize this incident we are talking about goes way beyond all that, but still...

ww111 03-11-2004 01:33 PM

Yep, Banned for life, and charged. Broke the guy's neck he did, from behind.

Collins

LarryIII 03-11-2004 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by MacGyver
I work at a arena that hosts a minor league hockey team. (I work on the A/V staff, operating the camera and ads for the jumbo screens, etc.) Just started this season and had never really paid much attention to hockey before.

I was shocked at how brutal it is and what they are allowed to get away with. Guess it is part of the game, but wow. Just constant pounding, slamming, paybacks, and when the inevitable fights do come, the refs just stand back and watch, no matter what happens, until one of them hits the ground. Weird.

I realize this incident we are talking about goes way beyond all that, but still...

Troy,

It's only the NHL & its minor leagues that are so violent. Unfortunately this affects NCAA college hockey.
European hockey has practically no violence.
The NHL only suspended him for the remainder of this season & the playoffs. IMHO that is not nearly enough.
Last night the Flyers-Ottawa game was a knock-down, drag-out brawl for the last period. IMHO that's not hockey.

I can even remember when pro basketball was a non-contact sport.

Aredubjay 03-11-2004 02:39 PM

Another vote here for banning for life. Pete Rose's offense, by comparison was miniscule. Add to it the fact that Bertuzzi wasn't even the one who was hit to begin with. He was "taking up" for someone else, by applying a cheap shot from a sneak attack.

He should have to sit in a jail cell and repeat, over and over, "do you want fries with that."

ww111 03-11-2004 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay

He should have to sit in a jail cell and repeat, over and over, "do you want fries with that."

Or my favorite

"Careful sir, that filling's hot"

Collins 92 pearlie