The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Initial contact with forum (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=19052)

LSUBASS 06-03-2004 12:36 PM

Initial contact with forum

I'm new to this forum but have enjoyed reading all of the technical Q&A's out there. Many of the fixes described have worked quite well, especially Mother's Mag polish on the headlight lenses. My SVX is in good shape. Only 57K, everything works except the power door locks. I can deal with that.

I've only had this car since June of 2003, acquired with 49K. I don't see any others here in Louisiana but I'm sure they're hiding somewhere. Rumor has it one is for sale at a used lot, but I've yet to check it out. More on that later.

In the next year I plan to find a good paint job (ebony), find some new floormats (charcoal) and drive it to the mountains of NC during October for the change of season.

I've got plenty o' questions to pose, but for right now, thanks for everyone's advice and the creation of this forum.

SVXer95 06-03-2004 12:50 PM

Welcome to the site!

For some good quality replacement floor mats you can try here . It is pretty much impossible to find factory floormats in good condition anymore, but the ones that Dayle makes are pretty good. I don't have them personally, but they are what I will get if I replace.

Don't forget to post some pics of your SVX.

IggDawg 06-03-2004 01:15 PM

Welcome!

I've been a member for around 2-ish years, but I only got my SVX a week ago. So it's certainly safe to say they're rare... especially in good condition.

I dunno how, but the guy before me managed to get brand new SVX floormats. I could ask him for his source :D .

Congrats on the new car. I hope you enjoy it as much as I've been enjoying mine.

Zeppelin 06-03-2004 01:25 PM

Re: Initial contact with forum

Quote:

Originally posted by LSUBASS
everything works except the power door locks.

Are you sure your locks don't work? The alarm didn't work in my SVX either, but I'd just push my lock down when I got out and the passenger's side lock would go down too. Just lift up on the outer handle when you close the door to keep the car from unlocking again (Japanese car safety feature so you don't lock the keys in your car!)

If they indeed don't work, it may just be a fuse problem.

Chiketkd 06-03-2004 01:47 PM

Welcome to the site!

-Chike

ensteele 06-03-2004 06:57 PM

Welcome and good luck with the car. :)

MNYPNNY 06-03-2004 09:10 PM

Welcome to the jungle!

HighwayUFO 06-04-2004 11:19 AM

We've got fun and games.....oops, no more 80's butt rock for Keith

Welcome Home Dude!!!

Keith

AppStateSVX 06-04-2004 08:02 PM

Re: Initial contact with forum

Quote:

Originally posted by LSUBASS
In the next year I plan to find a good paint job (ebony), find some new floormats (charcoal) and drive it to the mountains of NC during October for the change of season.

hey, that's where I live, I also have a Ebony SVX, and it's right now getting a new paint job from the wreck. Maybe i'll see you when you come up!
:D