The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Doug DeMuro - The Subaru SVX Is the Weirdest Subaru Ever (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=64780)

kultur 02-05-2019 12:30 PM

Doug DeMuro - The Subaru SVX Is the Weirdest Subaru Ever

I'm thinking we're about to see a bit of additional interest. And value.

Link to the column.

https://www.autotrader.com/car-video...81474979910242

Sean486 02-05-2019 12:58 PM

Re: Doug DeMuro - The Subaru SVX Is the Weirdest Subaru Ever

Quote:

Originally Posted by kultur (Post 750181)
I'm thinking we're about to see a bit of additional interest. And value.

Link to the column.

https://www.autotrader.com/car-video...81474979910242

It is funny the things he picks up on. I have seen those stickers near the radiator under my hood about a million times and never stopped to read them, or thought about why it was a "room" light. I also knew nothing about the "bright" button on the stalk.

Blacky 02-05-2019 01:47 PM

One glaring error was his statement that the SVX was the first 6 cylinder Subaru. I also thought his scoring was ridiculous and had little relevance.

blackbolt94red 02-05-2019 09:28 PM

I'd like to learn more about the outfit that restored it. Does anyone know anything about them?
It is interesting to see the changes and improvements, however small, between '92 and '97. Grill, seatbelts, split rear seat....
Winter has been brutal here in South Dakota, watching this makes me want to go check on the car.

MCMXCII SVX 02-06-2019 06:55 AM

My 92 doesn't have yellow fog lights. They are white. When I drive with them on at night, since they are next to the low beams I get people flashing their brights at me thinking I have the high-beam lights on. I suspect that some owner of that 92 decided to replace the white "driving" lights with yellow flog lights to avoid that.

I got so tired of people flashing their high beams at me that I actually went back to the dealer after I bought my 92 to see if they had a yellow light replacement for the fog lights. They didn't.

Blacky 02-06-2019 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MCMXCII SVX (Post 750190)
My 92 doesn't have yellow fog lights. They are white. When I drive with them on at night, since they are next to the low beams I get people flashing their brights at me thinking I have the high-beam lights on. I suspect that some owner of that 92 decided to replace the white "driving" lights with yellow flog lights to avoid that.

I got so tired of people flashing their high beams at me that I actually went back to the dealer after I bought my 92 to see if they had a yellow light replacement for the fog lights. They didn't.

They are H3 bulbs. A pair of yellow ones are readily available for under $10 per pair.

RedLionSVX 02-13-2019 08:20 PM

I enjoyed the video. The restoration looked pretty amazing. That engine bay was beautiful!

I have not seen an original car cover; but have heard that the SVX came with one when bought new.

Ron Mummert 02-14-2019 09:46 PM

Too bad one of the most annoying people on the planet got to do his inane babble all over one of our babies.:cool:

Blacky 02-15-2019 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedLionSVX (Post 750263)
I have not seen an original car over; but have heard that the SVX came with one when bought new.

I have one. My cats sleep on it in the garage. They say it's cozy.

SVX_MY_BABY 02-15-2019 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedLionSVX (Post 750263)
I have not seen an original car over; but have heard that the SVX came with one when bought new.

Not in Canada. It was an optional accessory.

SoobCrazy 02-15-2019 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron Mummert (Post 750276)
Too bad one of the most annoying people on the planet got to do his inane babble all over one of our babies.:cool:

I was holding my tongue. I can't stand that dork...:rolleyes:

Blacky 02-15-2019 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoobCrazy (Post 750280)
I was holding my tongue. I can't stand that dork...:rolleyes:

His speech pattern and voice resembles Jay Leno minus the wit and knowledge.