The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Door ding anyone? theres plenty willing to give them- (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=4627)

museumquality 06-22-2002 12:23 PM

Door ding anyone? theres plenty willing to give them-

What is it with people and giving door dings?? yes the svx is very sensitive to dings. But can't people watch their doors when they open it. man, i caught someone this moring in my parking lot. i noticed they were parked very close to my svx, so i went out to check it out. and bam!, there is a huge door ding right there. -look red paint on his white door. i cruised over to his shop, and asked him to come out and take a look. he says -hes to busy. i said, i'll call the cops, (prob extreme) but to have this touched up will run 100.00. so he marched out pissed, -but who cares, i was pissed. then tells me it wasn't him it was his daughter. i said i don't care, just be ready for a bill. it just takes a touch of standard consideration to avoid this.

immortal_suby 06-22-2002 12:52 PM

I make it a habit to park where no one else does but on the 2 occasions I did get door dings and the donor's car was still there they will defnitely feel the burn for a long time. Its amazing how fast the svx key can rip 4 letters into door paint.

Mr. Pockets 06-22-2002 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by immortal_suby
I make it a habit to park where no one else does but on the 2 occasions I did get door dings and the donor's car was still there they will defnitely feel the burn for a long time. Its amazing how fast the svx key can rip 4 letters into door paint.
Didn't your parents teach you that two wrongs don't make a right?

I hate door dings as much as any of you - I have received half a dozen on each side of my car since I moved here to MI - but keying somebody's car doesn't solve anything. Most likely, what they did was an accident. What you did in response was malicious.

Door dings piss me off. But do you know what pisses me off way more? When somebody intentionally damages my car. How angry would you be if you came out to find your car keyed? Would it teach you some sort of lesson? Of course not - it'd just make you mad as hell.

Whenever possible, park away from other cars or pick spots that leave you extra room.

museumquality 06-22-2002 02:26 PM

good man pockets!

you are on it. it is upsetting and there isn't anything you can do besides confront the culprit and demand whats right.
i would think if you scar a car in your area like this, they could easily remember your svx, and next time they see it around town, its goin down.

i believe most of these door dingers do it on purpose, simply not caring about others property is considered on purpose to me.

unfortunately living in a congested area there isn't allot of parking choices. i had a guy in a Lamborghini once ask me why i'm parking near him (far parking lot of stadium) away from everyone. i said -same reason you are here.

I fear grocery store parking lots, allot of activity, very scary place for my car.

Seraph 06-22-2002 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Pockets

Yeah they did. They also told me other things as well -- now if only I can remember what they were.

I personally like the WD40 on the windshield (A pain to wash it off). I also like spray paint on the side of the car.

Lwin

immortal_suby 06-23-2002 06:00 AM

I know the saying and they taught me it and then spanked it into my behind. When I park in no mans land and then still come out and find an 83 caprice parked next to me and a nice dent in my door as a reminder I lose my memory really quick. 2 cars at the very end of a lot and one of them smashes his door into the other one is not a simple mistake, it is someone bitter that they don't drive such a beautiful car and intentionally scarring it.
I admit being childish and having a bad temper in these situations but I don't let these go unnoticed.
You are right though, cube - it probably doesn't teach the other guy a lesson, it just makes them mad too - perhaps I will have to be more creative in my retribution ;)

red95svx 06-23-2002 06:52 AM

I also have to park in no man's land at work. The first week I had my car someone decided to give me a nice scrape on the right side of the rear bumper..........THANKS:(

David

Mr. Pockets 06-23-2002 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by immortal_suby
You are right though, cube -
Wow...

Seraph 06-23-2002 11:07 AM

I know a solution. If you are in a lot, look for high costing cars. Something above 30k range and park in between them. My favs. are Lexus, Acura (TL, CL -- not the integra crap), Foreign made or newer SUVs. If you can park there, you will not find a scratch on your car.

Another spot is the space beside a handicap spot. The spot is even sweeter if the space next to you has one of the cars mentioned above.

Lwin

RSVX 06-23-2002 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Pockets

I hate door dings as much as any of you - I have received half a dozen on each side of my car since I moved here to MI - but keying somebody's car doesn't solve anything. Most likely, what they did was an accident. What you did in response was malicious.

Door dings piss me off. But do you know what pisses me off way more? When somebody intentionally damages my car. How angry would you be if you came out to find your car keyed? Would it teach you some sort of lesson? Of course not - it'd just make you mad as hell.

Whenever possible, park away from other cars or pick spots that leave you extra room.

I know this 'keyed' feeling... Ask Maria, better yet, see for yourself at the 10th anni. meet. Why hasnt it been fixed yet, well because the insurance money for it went to a new tranny... go figure...

museumquality 06-23-2002 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Seraph
I know a solution. If you are in a lot, look for high costing cars. Something above 30k range and park in between them.
Lwin

seraph, that is something i do as well, i scout and review the cars for quality machines whos owners most likely have the same concerns.

Phast SVX 06-23-2002 01:12 PM

ya

I agree with everything but the SUV thing.....i mean those doors get bigger and heavier every year!.....
phil

Mr. Pockets 06-23-2002 03:25 PM

Re: ya

Quote:

Originally posted by Phast SVX
I agree with everything but the SUV thing.....i mean those doors get bigger and heavier every year!.....
phil

Yeah, and the Excursion's doors could just go right through our windows. :O

Green1995SVX 06-23-2002 05:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
A few months back a friend and I met at starbucks for coffee etc. We both parked way out in the parking lot, and when we returned, this was next to us...

-Mike (A pic for everything.)

deadeye95 06-23-2002 09:05 PM

I have a theory about parking way the heck out in the parking lot and then finding other cars parked next to you.

Folks see your SVX parked in the middle of nowhere, thinking it is a Ferrari or something they go park by it to check it out.

After they figure out it is only a Subaru, that's when they open their door into yours....