The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   OT - weird dream (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=4061)

Mr. Pockets 05-07-2002 07:29 AM

OT - weird dream

Okay, so Steve 'Crocodile Hunter' Irwin has finally caused me nightmares. Well, sorta.

Last week I remember watching an episode of 'The Crocodile Hunter.' I don't remember where Steve was, but he was (go figure) catching all kinds of snakes.

I'll skip to the part of the dream that is even remotely on topic. My dreams are normally epic, and this one was no exception. Somebody remind me in July to describe my Elmo dream. <shiver>

I was following this 'cat snake' in Florida. Sometimes it walked on four legs like a cat (go ahead, laugh) and sometimes it looked more like a morey eel, only darker green. I apparently couldn't decide how this snake should look. Anyway, so I'm following this cat snake down this sandy double-track road in a forest. We start down a hill (a hill in FL - good one) and I notice that the sun is shining through the trees and the mist underneath them. It was beautiful. So what do I say to myself?

'I'm going to have to bring the SVX here later for some photos.'

Shortly thereafter the snake found its burrow. I peeked inside (retard) and it started after me. I won't bore you with the Sam Raimi-inspired chase that ensued. I woke up before I was able to bring the SVX for a photo op. Or before I was eaten.

lightning_8669 05-07-2002 08:24 AM

Dream?

All I had was a dream about Roxanne last night. The scary part is that my wife's name isn't Roxanne.

(note to self: Self, place cotton in mouth prior to evening shutdown in case names are mentioned while sleeping)

Aredubjay 05-07-2002 08:43 AM

Re: OT - weird dream

Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Pockets
Somebody remind me in July to describe my Elmo dream. <shiver>
Nick,
Already heard it. (Hardees, Autofest):D
"Give him two test tickles."

John,
"You don't have to put on the red light." :D

lightning_8669 05-07-2002 09:02 AM

Don't have to wear that dress....

Actually Rocky wasn't a "red light" girl. Think she grew up on a farm. I feel much more "normal" having a dream about her than, say, Elmo.

But then there's the dreams to be had after having one of my old man's French Breakfast Radishes. These things must have been the foundation for some of Timothy Leary's early LSD experiments. I don't for the life of me know why I even eat the things. Makes being chased by a "morey eel" seem pretty tame. Unless of coure there's a Dick and Rosemary eel in the show too. Toss in Mel and we can do the whole show:D

Ron Mummert 05-07-2002 09:34 PM

Re: Don't have to wear that dress....

Quote:

Originally posted by lightning_8669
Actually Rocky wasn't a "red light" girl. Think she grew up on a farm. I feel much more "normal" having a dream about her than, say, Elmo.

But then there's the dreams to be had after having one of my old man's French Breakfast Radishes. These things must have been the foundation for some of Timothy Leary's early LSD experiments. I don't for the life of me know why I even eat the things. Makes being chased by a "morey eel" seem pretty tame. Unless of coure there's a Dick and Rosemary eel in the show too. Toss in Mel and we can do the whole show:D

....and then down by the red light district in Amsterdam, I ran into this white haired guy with a long Cyrano-type nose & a Van Dyke beard who.... Oh, Gawd, I gotta cut out this cheap wine.
Hmmmm....

French Breakfast Radishes.
Frenck Beakfast Radishis.
Franks Bedfirst Radicals.

Thanks, Lightening.
Ron.

lightning_8669 05-08-2002 06:51 AM

Hey Ron

Cheap wine in Amsterdam? Now there's a recipe! And let me know if you want some seeds so you can grow your own breakfast radishes. I'd guess they are for breakfast becase eaten near bed time generates some serious subconcious entertainment.

Now I'll give a buck to the first person who can tell me Richie's middle name.

Aredubjay 05-08-2002 10:01 AM

Re: Hey Ron

Quote:

Cheap wine in Amsterdam? Now there's a recipe! And let me know if you want some seeds so you can grow your own breakfast radishes. I'd guess they are for breakfast becase eaten near bed time generates some serious subconcious entertainment.

Now I'll give a buck to the first person who can tell me Richie's middle name.

It is the same as the last word you see in the movie, "Citizen Cane." :D

lightning_8669 05-08-2002 10:35 AM

Re: Re: Hey Ron

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay

Call me cinematically deficient (or just plain deficient) but I don't recall the "last word in 'Citizen Cane'". Gimme a hint?

Ron Mummert 05-08-2002 11:16 AM

Re: Re: Hey Ron

Quote:

You mean Citizen Kane? You guys sleigh me. Anyone knows the last word was (hint) Budvase.
Who the hell's Ritchie?

Ron.

lightning_8669 05-08-2002 11:24 AM

Re: Re: Re: Hey Ron

Quote:

Originally posted by Ron Mummert

You mean Citizen Kane? You guys sleigh me. Anyone knows the last word was (hint) Budvase.
Who the hell's Ritchie?

Ron.

Ritchie? He's the kid Rob and Laura Petri were always sending to his room whenever they were having a disagreement. C'mon Ron, stick with us here. Someone had a dream about a "morey eel" which set me off about Morey Amsterdam which set you off about Amsterdam (I think) but further set me off about the Dick VanDyke show and Dick and Rosemary and Mel which futher set me off about Little Richie's middle name which brought Randy to the last word in Citizen Cane (Kane) being Budvase. And actually Randy is close but still didn't win the prize.

And as I live in Wisconsin where it actually snows sometimes I might just take you up on that sleigh thing. You're slayin' me man! :D

Ron Mummert 05-08-2002 11:41 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Hey Ron

Quote:

Ritchie? He's the kid Rob and Laura Petri were always sending to his room whenever they were having a disagreement. C'mon Ron, stick with us here. Someone had a dream about a "morey eel" which set me off about Morey Amsterdam which set you off about Amsterdam (I think) but further set me off about the Dick VanDyke show and Dick and Rosemary and Mel which futher set me off about Little Richie's middle name which brought Randy to the last word in Citizen Cane (Kane) being Budvase. And actually Randy is close but still didn't win the prize.

And as I live in Wisconsin where it actually snows sometimes I might just take you up on that sleigh thing. You're slayin' me man! :D

Lightening - to further detangle the nightmare, did you get the Roxanne connection? The last word in Citizen Kane wasn't Budvase, it was Rose____, (come on, you can do it), the name of Orson's sled, hence the sleigh connection. I wasn't a follower of the TV show, so forgive my doofedness.
Breakfast radishes at bedtime?? Now that's insane!
Ron.

lightning_8669 05-08-2002 11:53 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hey Ron

Quote:

Originally posted by Ron Mummert

Lightening - to further detangle the nightmare, did you get the Roxanne connection? The last word in Citizen Kane wasn't Budvase, it was Rose____, (come on, you can do it), the name of Orson's sled, hence the sleigh connection. I wasn't a follower of the TV show, so forgive my doofedness.
Breakfast radishes at bedtime?? Now that's insane!
Ron.

Now *that's* the spirit! Actually I think we are even. I never watched Citizen Kane and you never watched the Dick VanDyke show. Two classics for those of you just tuning in. Budvase, Rosebud. Yup. I think you and Randy may get to split it.

And if you think I'm insane we are all just the company we keep. You will notice it is only me you and Randy traipsing down this crazy path:D This all started with somebody chasing a critter in a dream leading to a place that might be nice to photograph and SVX in. Oh, that's right, this is a car club board:eek:

By the way thanks for the fun!

Aredubjay 05-08-2002 11:58 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hey Ron

Quote:

By the way thanks for the fun!
It's our job, it's what we do. :D

Sorry about misspelling Kane -- I was in a hurry.

What is interesting is the significance of the word "Rosebud" in the movie, "Citizen Kane." Anyone know what that is? :D

lightning_8669 05-08-2002 12:02 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hey Ron

Quote:

It's our job, it's what we do. :D

Sorry about misspelling Kane -- I was in a hurry.

What is interesting is the significance of the word "Rosebud" in the movie, "Citizen Kane." Anyone know what that is? :D

Nope.

But I know what was behind Richie's middle name:D

Go ahead, tell me I'm messed up. I dare ya!:p

Aredubjay 05-08-2002 12:10 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hey Ron

Quote:

Nope.

But I know what was behind Richie's middle name:D

Go ahead, tell me I'm messed up. I dare ya!:p

You're messed up! :D

I believe there's a correlation to these two entities.

As you may (or may not) know, "Citizen Kane" was Orson Welle's attempt at an Autobiography of Wm Randolph Hearst. Mr. Hearst actually tried to quash the movie because it had too many personal morsels of information. One of which was the "pet name" he had for his mistress's . . . um . . . how should I put it? Uh . . . "naughty bits." He called it . . . "Rosebud." :D:D