The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Hello fellow SVX owners (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=43361)

Tyler 02-20-2008 11:25 AM

Hello fellow SVX owners

Hey Guys my name is Tyler and im 18, my first car is an SVX and let me tell you its a great car and so much fun to drive =)

Sir. Nate 02-20-2008 11:27 AM

Hey Tyler, welcome to the community!

WRX_SVXGirl 02-20-2008 11:45 AM

welcome! i hope you enjoy the car! take good care of it and it will last a long time!

my SVX is my fourth suabru.

Tyler 02-20-2008 03:06 PM

Svx

I really love the car but im in a bad postition right now =( since its my first car and I dont make a money I cant keep up with the repairs =(

SomethingElse 02-20-2008 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyler (Post 529691)
I really love the car but im in a bad postition right now =( since its my first car and I dont make a money I cant keep up with the repairs =(

get used to it. The car will constantly put you in a bent over position when it comes to repais.:p you know when your working under the hood:rolleyes:

I hope your a mechanic...if not you soon will be.

Manarius 02-20-2008 03:21 PM

Hm, I bought my SVX back in August (my first car as well) and I haven't really had to pay to fix anything on it. At least, nothing in excess of like $20.

WRX_SVXGirl 02-20-2008 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manarius (Post 529695)
Hm, I bought my SVX back in August (my first car as well) and I haven't really had to pay to fix anything on it. At least, nothing in excess of like $20.

you got lucky we have had this car since october and have already spent over $2000 fixing ... all i have to say is take care of the car and it wont break often. (i say this two serpentine belts and axles later, btw wasnt my fault previous owner treated her like crap)

kwren 02-20-2008 04:57 PM

Sell it to Earl

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyler (Post 529691)

I hear he wants another one.;)

ensteele 02-20-2008 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwren (Post 529721)
I hear he wants another one.;)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ;) :rolleyes: :)

It's Just Eric 02-20-2008 10:10 PM

the trick is to learn to do as many repairs yourself (with diagnosting aid from the friendly people here) Youll end up saving tons and tons of money, and learning a thing or two about what exactly makes your car go:)

Hopefully you can keep things sorted. welcome to the site

ensteele 02-21-2008 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by It's Just Eric (Post 529792)
the trick is to learn to do as many repairs yourself (with diagnosting aid from the friendly people here) Youll end up saving tons and tons of money, and learning a thing or two about what exactly makes your car go:)

Hopefully you can keep things sorted. welcome to the site

+1

and where to go get good help or work done when you need it. ;) :)

Nevin 02-22-2008 12:53 PM

Welcome to the site, Tyler. I joined on here last summer, and have found nothing but friendly people and helpful advice.

I think I may have a freak SVX, because so far it's been the most reliable car I've ever owned. *knock on wood* However, I am a mechanic by day (and Batman by night) so when repairs come up, they're not as big of a deal to me as they may be to someone who has to pay to get it done. So far I've put two new axles up front, slotted/drilled brakes all around with new pads, flushed the tranny with Amsoil, and changed my diff. fluids to Amsoil as well.

Other than that, it's just been driving with the hammer down and miles of smiles!

Hondasucks 02-22-2008 11:28 PM

I bought mine for $800 with a dead tranny, spend $300 on a tranny for it from a fellow board member, and I haven't had to put much else into it, aside from the labor installing the tranny myself (but I did it at work with the lift, so it was easy). Other than that the only other problem I had is the front U joint took a dump so there went another $30 for a drive shaft.

Don't get discouraged though, just remember that our cars are 11-16 years old, and any car that age is going to have at least some problems with it. Problem with our cars is the fact that they were different from other Subarus enough that a lot of parts are only avaible from Subaru, hence the expense.

Tyler 02-25-2008 07:44 AM

Thanks alot for all the replys =D My wonderful gentleman who owned my SVX before me drive it into the ground, Steering column is leaking, Compressor is learking, Engine valves are leaking, Engine mounts and Tranny mounts are broken, and the boots on my front axle are torn open lol

Tyler 02-25-2008 07:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Heres my baby