The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   JDM Pictures (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=43899)

JLHollowX13 03-22-2008 06:09 AM

JDM Pictures

this may have already been posted, but here it is anyway:

http://www.jrtedmonton.blogspot.com/

scroll down until you find the svx. it has great pictures of the different dash and climate control stuff. i thought it was pretty cool to see that stuff up close, ive never got a chance to see it that good. i just thought this was worth sharing!

94SubieSVX 03-22-2008 06:13 AM

That's weird, It's got a USDM steering wheel.:confused:

RSVX 03-22-2008 07:33 AM

Not weird, just not the highest trim level.

b3lha 03-22-2008 08:31 AM

That is a 92 version L. It is the highest trim level. The steering wheel is not USDM, but it is the same as USDM. It is the airbag wheel and therefore does not have the audio controls. I'm pretty those BBS alloy wheels didn't come on it originally, they are from a later model.

Speedklix 03-22-2008 09:13 AM

:D... is it odd/sad that I've owned all but the gt 4 and the 8 series on that page :confused:

SubaruSVXCrazy 03-22-2008 08:05 PM

Forget the STI I was planning to get later in life. I want a fully loaded JDM 4WS. BADLY. What's that red light by the 4WS light?

SubaruSVXCrazy 03-22-2008 08:11 PM

Why couldn't Subaru give us all the JDM options? and Canada's and Germany's.
Why do they always leave us wanting more? I think they do it so they can show off and make us jealous. :confused: :( :mad:

Another thing don't they have 240 hp? In the discription it says 220hp.

Would anybody pay 10,000 for it?

SubaruSVXCrazy 03-22-2008 08:27 PM

Ohhh baby l:eek::eek:k at those........................... cupholder's, SOOOO JDM. :lol:

ensteele 03-22-2008 09:48 PM

There are pictures of my RH JDM in my locker and by clicking on the car in my signature, it will bring them up. :)

NeedForSpeed 03-23-2008 12:20 AM

The other light is Diff lock

Quote:

Originally Posted by SubaruSVXCrazy (Post 536615)
Forget the STI I was planning to get later in life. I want a fully loaded JDM 4WS. BADLY. What's that red light by the 4WS light?

b3lha 03-23-2008 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeedForSpeed (Post 536657)
The other light is Diff lock

That light is for catalyst overheat. The JDM models have a temperature sensor in each catalyst.

The diff lock light is red Japanese script above the car icon. It looks pretty cool. I wish all the dash lights were in Japanese.

I was thinking of buying a JDM soarer that had a some sort of built in climate control/satnav/dvd player/computer thing all in Japanese. It was really cool. But then I started looking at the SVX that was parked next to it. I went for a test drive and knew straight away that I had to own one. ;)

SubaruSVXCrazy 03-23-2008 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b3lha (Post 536669)
That light is for catalyst overheat. The JDM models have a temperature sensor in each catalyst.

The diff lock light is red Japanese script above the car icon. It looks pretty cool. I wish all the dash lights were in Japanese.

I was thinking of buying a JDM soarer that had a some sort of built in climate control/satnav/dvd player/computer thing all in Japanese. It was really cool. But then I started looking at the SVX that was parked next to it. I went for a test drive and knew straight away that I had to own one. ;)

What catalyst?

Its pointless but if you had a jdm cluster could you plug it into the usdm car? This way when you start you can have those lights come up.

b3lha 03-23-2008 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SubaruSVXCrazy (Post 536696)
What catalyst?

Those big cylinder things on the exhaust pipes.:rolleyes:
Quote:

Originally Posted by SubaruSVXCrazy (Post 536696)
Its pointless but if you had a jdm cluster could you plug it into the usdm car? This way when you start you can have those lights come up.

I suppose you could in theory, but JDM parts are expensive and hard to obtain outside of Japan, so you would need a good reason to do it.

NeedForSpeed 03-23-2008 10:53 AM

Hi Phil,

Ooops!, I guess I need to take a better look at a jdm model.

Quote:

Originally Posted by b3lha (Post 536669)

b3lha 03-23-2008 03:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a photo of the diff lock light on my 94.