The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   brand new and dont start..... (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=36204)

Nomad 11-20-2006 01:24 PM

brand new and dont start.....

Hi, I've got a prob : the engine is completely rebuild. When trying to start it, it trys but does'nt. There's gas , sparks . Did we forgot a ground? ....Need it for tomorrow!

Earthworm 11-20-2006 01:44 PM

Check the error codes.

http://svx-iw.com/
->SVXipedia

There may be a sensor unplugged and the codes will tell you what's wrong.

Nomad 11-20-2006 04:25 PM

thanx....we'll try ...

Hohopirates 11-20-2006 05:52 PM

Quick check

Just check your fuses before anything else. Sometimes they are hard to see, I had a similar problem though mine was a bad wire leading into the inside fuse box. Steve

dannmarr 11-20-2006 07:47 PM

Could be a weak battery, poor ground, or a faulty ignition switch. Also check the wires to the battery.

Nomad 11-28-2006 11:15 AM

Ok , for now the code for : Cam sensor pop up.... We're trying to put her up again but , i got stolen ... long story.... we found the SVX in a garage with all its pieces but, the guy wasnt there , nor my 3000$ ... :mad: I'll chain him behind my SVX and put the pedal to the metal until there's nothing left...:mad:

TomsSVX 11-28-2006 02:26 PM

probobly the cam sensor on the driver's side of the valve covers... easy fix, just buy a new sensor and take 5 mins to install it

tom

oab_au 11-28-2006 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nomad
Ok , for now the code for : Cam sensor pop up.... We're trying to put her up again but , i got stolen ... long story.... we found the SVX in a garage with all its pieces but, the guy wasnt there , nor my 3000$ ... :mad: I'll chain him behind my SVX and put the pedal to the metal until there's nothing left...:mad:

Sounds like a bit more, than just the cam sensor. Sorry.:(

Harvey.;)

TomsSVX 11-28-2006 04:48 PM

yes Harvey, it is just the cam sensor... It has happened to me and it happened to Shotgunslade... There are no precursers, the sensor just quits. It will chug for a sec and then die because of the spark being sent WAY too late. I will garentee that is the issue with the information he has supplied us with... He said he is getting spark and fuel. He also mentioned it sounded like the engine wanted to turn over but wouldn't... typical of a bad cam angle sensor

Tom

oab_au 11-28-2006 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomsSVX
yes Harvey, it is just the cam sensor... It has happened to me and it happened to Shotgunslade... There are no precursers, the sensor just quits. It will chug for a sec and then die because of the spark being sent WAY too late. I will garentee that is the issue with the information he has supplied us with... He said he is getting spark and fuel. He also mentioned it sounded like the engine wanted to turn over but wouldn't... typical of a bad cam angle sensor

Tom

Yes no worries on the cam sensor,,,, But I thought he said, that the car was stolen, and found stripped.:eek:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nomad
Ok , for now the code for : Cam sensor pop up.... We're trying to put her up again but , i got stolen ... long story.... we found the SVX in a garage with all its pieces but, the guy wasnt there , nor my 3000$ ... I'll chain him behind my SVX and put the pedal to the metal until there's nothing left...
Harvey.;)

Trevor 11-28-2006 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oab_au
Yes no worries on the cam sensor,,,, But I thought he said, that the car was stolen, and found stripped.:eek:

Harvey.;)

:confused:

Nomad 11-29-2006 05:25 PM

Heumm.... Maybe I dont speak english to well ( I speak french actually .... ) Nightmare ( the cars name ) wasnt stripped ( you mean by that that as no more engine or something like that.. ? ) All is in... Subwoofers to DVD player ... engine and the likes. Subaru Dealers here sells a cam sensor for
965.99$ ?????? :eek: :eek: MANNNNN .... over the internet its like 150$... Somebody as a better result? im paying credit card VISA for a super fast shipping !!! Already asked Dayle ... but no answer......:(

TomsSVX 11-29-2006 05:34 PM

I have one down at the garage u want me to grab it and ship it to ya?? PM me and we can settle it

Tom

Nomad 11-29-2006 06:11 PM

So, everybody is withness ... Tom sold me one via paypal so im waiting FOR IT !!! ;) Thx Tom , you're my new best friend....:D I hope it works !!!

Nomad 12-05-2006 03:26 PM

Still waiting for it ... guest im too far away ;)