The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Wot (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=23344)

dcarrb 12-21-2004 06:28 AM

Wot

I don't venture there often, but had occasion to pass a couple of cars on the two-lane on the way to work this morning and just decided to let 'er rip. Wow, what a impressive snarl! To think how she purrs so contentedly at idle.

I like my SVX more every day.

dcb

Dengue 12-21-2004 07:00 AM

on the sixth day

day six of being an SVX owner.

I was driving home from work on a 2 lane highway and there were 2 gravel trucks in front of me spewing their load all over me, so I decided I needed to pass them. I should point out that the speed limit there is 70mph... I was still a bit used to driving my crappy ford ranger I suppose, so I punched it and zipped around them, and as if by magic, there was a police officer behind me...(he had been on the shoulder, obstructed from view by the gravel trucks).... my first ticket in my SVX, my first 3 digit ticket, at an even 100mph.

that to date is the fastest I've ever gotten my SVX, now I'm a bit more paranoid I suppose.

Skip

SVXer95 12-21-2004 07:17 AM

Re: Wot

Quote:

Originally posted by dcarrb
I don't venture there often, but had occasion to pass a couple of cars on the two-lane on the way to work this morning and just decided to let 'er rip. Wow, what a impressive snarl! To think how she purrs so contentedly at idle.

I like my SVX more every day.

dcb

Hehe, you just need to get there more often:D

Chiketkd 12-21-2004 12:20 PM

I love venturing there on some twisty back roads by my house. Definitely very entertaining. Doing some quick passes down the 1/4 dragstrip isn't a bad way to go either...

These flat 6's definitely sound heavenly at full song... :cool:

-Chike

dcarrb 12-21-2004 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Chiketkd

These flat 6's definitely sound heavenly at full song...

I'm a very conservative driver, but I'll admit: Standing on the gas in this car -- especially from, say, 40 MPH -- never fails to bring a smile to my face.

dcb

SVXRide 12-21-2004 01:21 PM

I think the correct phrase to use when punching it from a 40-50mph roll is "bu-bye!" :D
-Bill

NapaBavarian 12-22-2004 06:31 PM

Day 9 of SVX ownership, I located the top side access pannel on the transmission...

Access

n00b on demand 12-22-2004 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by SVXRide
I think the correct phrase to use when punching it from a 40-50mph roll is "bu-bye!" :D
-Bill

Yeah i have to admit this car is amazingly fast when flooring it when ur rollin!

not that ive tried that or anything :rolleyes:

SVXRide 12-22-2004 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by NapaBavarian
Day 9 of SVX ownership, I located the top side access pannel on the transmission...

Access

OUCH! How in the world did you accomplish that?
-Bill

odepaj 12-22-2004 11:06 PM

love the faces on people when you pass them like their standing still on the highway:D .........i mean.......no, i never do that :rolleyes:

Knightwulf 12-23-2004 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by dcarrb

I'm a very conservative driver, but I'll admit: Standing on the gas in this car -- especially from, say, 40 MPH -- never fails to bring a smile to my face.

dcb

Ditto everything that he said... ;)

Just don't forget the "Power" mode... (Engage it by stomping on the top of the accelerator pedal once you're above 25 MPH.)