The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Clarification of site rule regarding street racing. (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=22627)

nextse7en 11-13-2004 05:16 PM

Clarification of site rule regarding street racing.

I posted earlier somthing about beating a guy from a stoplight, and my topic was locked.

Just to clarify - this wasn't some contest to see who could get to 120 first and drift though the school zone without hitting the bus.

This was a little fun dealy to see who could get off the line fastest - in my area quick acceleration in dry conditions is not illegal - speeding is illegal.

It wasn't even the topic of the thread - a transmission malfunction was the protagonist in my thread.

I never exceeded the posted limit - I was accelerating on a freeway onramp - I always floor it on an onramp - this time there just happened to be someone who was doing the same thing (rather poorly) next to me.

I'm not complaining - if the interpretation by the mods is that my post was not in good taste or againts the rules of the site - so be it - I won't post about it. But is this kind of activity also limited? I totally understand racing being unacceptable - but somthing legal that lasts less than 5 seconds to 35 - 40 mph?

Again, just trying to be clear. Sorry if I ruffled any feathers.

Patrick

Da'Cheat 11-13-2004 05:21 PM

I dont speed, I just reach the speed limit as fast as I can. :D

nextse7en 11-13-2004 05:26 PM

exactly - thats one of the reasons I love my car.

SubaSteevo 11-13-2004 05:36 PM

here we go again :rolleyes:

THAWA 11-13-2004 05:38 PM

Re: Clarification of site rule regarding street racing.

Quote:

Originally posted by nextse7en
This was a little fun dealy to see who could get off the line fastest - in my area quick acceleration in dry conditions is not illegal - speeding is illegal.
is this not racing?

and you were on the street right?

so is this not street racing?

if a mod says dont talk about street racing don't talk about street racing.

Seraph 11-13-2004 09:59 PM

It's a simple rule.

If there are more than 2 cars on the street and if you are trying to go faster than other (esp if you are racing engines at the stop light), IT IS STREET RACING.

nextse7en 11-13-2004 10:18 PM

Jeez guys okay - I was asking a simple question - not asking for rightious admonishment....

Wow.

I guess this is a sensitive subject for you guys - I won't bring it up again.

Seraph 11-13-2004 11:20 PM

Pat,

The reason why your thread was locked was because of racing nature of the thread.

If you were to ask the whole question without the part about the guy next to you and the fact that "you beat him" were not in the message, it would have been a totally running topic.

One of the rules on the site is that no street racing is allowed. Period. If you do it on the track, we don't care.

Hope it helps.

nextse7en 11-13-2004 11:43 PM

Thanks for the clear and neutral answer.

I hope you guys care if I do it on the track!

And not to litter the forum with repeat posts - Can someone tell me how difficult it is to replace a defective Duty Solenoid? (C)

Thanks.

Matthewmongan 11-14-2004 04:06 AM

%*

just label racing threads as "KILLS" it works for the stupid @$$ Bandit %*#)@!#*$) in the honda forums

that was a joke dont start refering to racing a kills.

but i would also know how to replace the duty celinoid c as my awd is stickin in 90-10

Seraph 11-14-2004 09:49 AM

Are you sure if it is the sol. C.

Try by passing it altogether by removing the sol. resistor beside the battery.

L

nextse7en 11-14-2004 10:40 AM

I've already done that - I still get a lot of front wheel spin in some situations... I belive it is sticking.

Earthworm 11-15-2004 12:52 PM

Removing the tranny resistor will actually make it worse. The more pressure you have the more the solenoid moves. The more the solenoid moves the less power goes to the rear wheels. If no pressure gets to the solenoid your AWD clutch is locked.

Does your car bind at all in tight corners?

The solenoid is replaced by removing the extension from the transmission. After that I don't know. I was reading this from the FSM's a couple weeks ago.