The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   oil leaks (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=46447)

bjandtheband 10-04-2008 07:16 AM

oil leaks

my 1992 svx is leaking oil can anyone suggest a quick fix or a way to fix the problem all together

YourConfused 10-04-2008 07:18 AM

Re: oil leaks

Descriptions and pictures would be helpful.

1986nate 10-05-2008 08:39 AM

Depending on how bad it is you can try using Bar's Stop Leak with seal conditioner. Just add it at every oil chang but never overfill. It helps recondition all seals and gaskets and you can pick it up at advance auto, autozone, checker, etc. Although if its a real bad leak the only way of fixing it is changing seals/gaskets.

bjandtheband 10-08-2008 10:48 AM

transmission rebuilt

Man I'm Happy As Hell That I Rebuilt My Tranny And Added An Atf Cooler It Shift So Much Better ,i Would Suggest Everyone Get That Done ,soon I'll Be Istalling A Reseal Kit As Well As Going Full Symthetic. Can't Wait

techy101 10-08-2008 12:39 PM

Re: transmission rebuilt

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjandtheband (Post 567641)
Man I'm Happy As Hell That I Rebuilt My Tranny And Added An Atf Cooler It Shift So Much Better ,i Would Suggest Everyone Get That Done ,soon I'll Be Istalling A Reseal Kit As Well As Going Full Symthetic. Can't Wait

How much did the tranny rebuild cost?

bjandtheband 10-20-2008 04:28 PM

Re: oil leak

this is to everyone how can give me some advice on my problem , i have a puddle of oil right underneath the skid plate dont really know where its leaking from can anyone tell me if it could be the oil pan or what else could it be.

wantafastsvx 10-20-2008 05:46 PM

best bet is to get some engine degreaser and clean the bejeezus out of that thing and let it run and find where its leaking from. Generally if i remember correctly these engines will leak from both front cam seals and the valve covers. What color is the fluid? Its also possible that the ps could be leaking. Are you low on ps fluid?

The1One1AndOnly 10-21-2008 05:26 AM

Ok check this out i have the same Problem, i found out my leak is comming from my valve cover gaskets. You Can call any subaru dealer and they will charge u about 80-85 dollars u need the whole set 6 gaskets and 20 washers, its not that expensive but the work is, the cheapest the dealer ws willing to do it is 200 luckily i have my mechanic who will do it for a 100$. u can go to my thread in these section called Where is the How-to on the valve cover gaskets, Leaks and prices causin havoc, Need some help where can i get a p/s hose, p/s pump and... the feller's over their helped me out on all 3 threads so check it out and lemme know if it helped.