The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Lucky Me !!!!!! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=13553)

Gargoyle 10-03-2003 08:00 PM

Lucky Me !!!!!!

Hi all :D Wanted to say it was great to find this site & take an opportunity to share my good fortune.
I had been looking for a New or New 2 Me car & test drove 20 + & Started haunting the auctions looking for somthing that screamed HEY IM THE CAR FOR YOU . & low & behold last saturday i found it its a 92 Black SVX . It wasnt due to run through next week had 2 year old Tabs & a dead battery, but i found an auction guy & got it started & took it for a ride ( OH MY GOD IT SCREAMED TO ME ) Well long story short i firmed my offer & got it for $ 4,825 Including all taxes lic. & tabs etc.etc but the big Kicker is it has 51,022 Original miles & except for a small bad Paint spot on the top right of the Wing Its Imaculate ( after i had it washed & waxed it ( the interior looks Brand spanken new ) I have only had it for 6 days as of today But im SPRUNG this car rocks & i look forward to trying to find others lol
Great site & i will be here & diggen through more. Thenks for listening ( or reading ) to me Brag about my luck.
:cool: Happy Driving all Gargoyle aka Allen :cool:

Darksied-X 10-03-2003 08:06 PM

Well, congrats and welcome to the club! It's nice to see the really pristine SVXs land in the hands of enthusiasts. Just out of curiousity, what's your jail sentence for the price you paid?:D

Gargoyle 10-03-2003 09:34 PM

Ya you right about the Price, but i was unsure at first. Had a little buyers remorese at spendeing most of my savings on a 92 ride, But after checking out this site & a few others & driving it ( a lot ) 300 + miles this week & i worked 50 hours lol ( i work 2 minutes from home ) so i now find myself with a fairly unique & semi rare car, that just happens to haul ass & well you know.
So my SVX went from buyers remorse to buyers DELIGHT in 0 to 6 days.
Im still so happy its like a drug lol.

Gargoyle..:rolleyes:

Alycone 10-03-2003 11:35 PM

Hey Garg, you should check out the NW forum and join us locals for a meet. :)

putthead 10-03-2003 11:48 PM

Canadian Eh!!!

Hey ther Gargoyle. Just read your post about the black 92.Iwas just about to say we must have found the same car.The svx is a
unbelievable sharp looking unit and I look forward to driving it in our frozen Canadian winter. Talk@ you later putthead

ensteele 10-04-2003 12:17 AM

Welcome to the site Gargoyle. We are going to have a meet in the near future and you are welcome to join us. Great group of people! :) Glad you got a good one. ;)

Gargoyle 10-04-2003 12:18 AM

The NW meet sounds great count me in :cool:

seasvx 10-04-2003 10:51 PM

black ones are best.

Gargoyle 10-05-2003 11:26 AM

:rolleyes: Well my freind & I went to champs karting fridaynight. and on the We home hit the North bound Express lanes ( for those not familiar with Seattle the North lanes start in a kind of tunnel ) Anyway a BMW motorcyclewanted to play,:D So down went my foot & the little greenpower light came on the dash as we waved going bye to the hunched over biker my friend looks oevr & goes 120 & smooth verry impressive :D but Saturday i noticed dry rot on my sidewalls so no more of that till i get new rubber lol.\
I am loving this car more everyday. cant wait to meet other SVX's
Gargoyle...... Allen

K_Dub 08-07-2009 03:00 PM

Re: Lucky Me !!!!!!

Just hoping to remind our friend Gargoyle of what a wonderful car he's letting go. And also; purchased in '03 for $4825/ then wrecked/ then asking $4500 with the ultimatum of crushing if it doesn't sell? WTF? Shame on you...:(

Gargoyle 08-07-2009 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K_Dub (Post 612783)
Just hoping to remind our friend Gargoyle of what a wonderful car he's letting go. And also; purchased in '03 for $4825/ then wrecked/ then asking $4500 with the ultimatum of crushing if it doesn't sell? WTF? Shame on you...:(

I know what a wonderful car it is but i am ready for a new car so i offer it to my NW friends as a chance to save it..and i said $ 4000 with the stereo($1700)..( and would take $3000 with out it) I also rebuilt the trany twice($2400) did the wheel baring & some other service that time (about $1000) just had the body work done ($500) I am well over 12 grand into the car even with the amazing price i originally paid ( witch should be irrelevant BTW ) So I am willing to take almost a 2k loss to see this car live on and you say shame on me ???
should I have said nothing ??
Why should i not take advantage of one of the few times my taxes will actually benefit me personally..
WTF man you dont know my situation.
shame on you for judging me:mad:

michael 08-07-2009 03:53 PM

I don't want to get in the middle of anything but, why don't you trade in the mazda? I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to replace one of those. I have a feeling that morsel they dangle in front of you may cause some regret later down the road. We are all feeling the effects of our economic situation so it's hard to pass up buying these SVXs heading to the crusher. I hope your effort to sell it here goes well.

Gargoyle 08-07-2009 04:14 PM

The MAZDA was my first thought but it does not qualify
Car must get an average City/Highway MPG of 18 mpg or less & have been registered & insured for the last 12 months.. also I would have to buy a truck instead of a car as My girlfriend & I each have our own house & you have to have a truck if you even if mostly the bank own a home.
I truly hope I find a home for her thats why I posted in the NW section & am willing to take a loss

K_Dub 08-07-2009 04:57 PM

Sorry about the whole eThug thing. I wasn't looking for a fight either, and I do wish you luck on your sale. I'm just fed up with the bad math going on with CARS right now. It looks like you've got a very nice, low mile SVX, and I hope somebody does step up to save it from the crusher. I'd take it myself if it was closer.

kwren 08-07-2009 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seasvx (Post 148455)
black ones are best.

Not really... But nice!

Keith:cool: