The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   subaruparts.com quirk (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=58149)

WestCoastSVX 08-29-2011 10:12 AM

subaruparts.com quirk

Has anyone run into trouble on subaruparts.com finding interior trim parts and such for 93-97?

When you select model year as 1992, at the bottom is a category labeled "Sealing and Trim". This includes all the various trim pieces, garnishes, grilles, etc. For every other model year, this category disappears. :confused:

Of course most parts are the same throughout the model years, but there are some differences. Most notably, if 1992 is the only year avaialble, all the interior bits in the tan color would not be found. :eek: I know some parts are getting scarce, but I'm sure there's at least some of those parts on their shelves.

I tried just putting in a word search for a couple parts I'm looking for, but again, anything related to that search term that would be in the "Trim" category was absent from the list.

I'm sure if someone had the specific part number, it would come up on their site ready to add to the cart. But how to get the part number in the first place?

Anyone else notice this?

RojoRocket 08-29-2011 11:29 AM

Re: subaruparts.com quirk

As I recall the '93 Sealing and Trim section contains all the tan interior parts lists.

Glenn

WestCoastSVX 08-29-2011 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RojoRocket (Post 685186)
As I recall the '93 Sealing and Trim section contains all the tan interior parts lists.

Glenn

I swear when I tried earlier the Sealing and Trim section was missing for '93 also... But yeah, it's there. :o

Still leaves a few gaps though in '94 and up models. Particularily where I'm looking, parts that were changed when they switched over to manual seat belts (carpet, A/B pillar, assist handle bracket, rear interior panels, etc).

RojoRocket 08-29-2011 02:51 PM

By golly, I think you're right Troy. Try emailing them and see what they have to say. Andrew Crow was the last name I had for a contact there.

Glenn

WestCoastSVX 08-29-2011 03:21 PM

I just sent Andrew a kind "heads up" email. Will update if I hear anything.

Green1995SVX 08-29-2011 07:40 PM

It has been like that for like 10 years. I always just used the 92 or 93 section when ordering trim parts. :)

WestCoastSVX 08-29-2011 07:52 PM

Ha! Go figure. I guess this is the first time I've looked for something outside of 92 so I never realized. :)

Although I ordered my 97 grille from them and it would be in that missing section. But I bet I also already had the model #. Also, I got that around 10 years ago probably. :p

So then best way to figure out some obscure post 94 part numbers? Again, these are parts I CAN'T figure out using 92 info.

ensteele 08-30-2011 07:09 PM

Troy - what are you looking for - I will try to help with the part number. :)

WestCoastSVX 08-30-2011 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele (Post 685343)
Troy - what are you looking for - I will try to help with the part number. :)

Thanks Earl. I guess the bracket that holds the passenger assist handle is different on a manual seat belt car. While I was at it just going to see if the assist handle itself also had a different part #.

Also, rumor is the 92 center console was always used for all model years to the end. They just covered the slots the automatic seatbelts went through with plastic caps - looking for those caps too.

icingdeath88 08-30-2011 10:36 PM

Are you trying to convert to manual seat belts?

The center console is indeed the same throughout the years with little insert thingies where the seat belts were.

WestCoastSVX 08-30-2011 10:45 PM

You got it. I think it was your thread where I realized I needed these last few parts. :) I've had everything else for years piled in my shed but never got around to it. Then saw that I needed these and have been striking out finding them used.

Of course at the moment I have more important issues, but just came across this when I was looking.