The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   No start....how do I test coils& igniter. (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=56379)

Heli-Mech 01-17-2011 07:08 PM

No start....how do I test coils& igniter.

I have a no-start isssue with my EG33, here is some back ground info.

95 legacy swapped with a 1992 OBD1 Eg33. The car works perfect, no CEL's and pulls very hard and runs very smooth. This car is built for rally-x and everything is wired in like the factory SVX.

I de-greased and pressure washed the engine bay first thing this morning, I covered the igniter and alt. The car was running perfect afterwords ran it for 5min or so. I shut her down and went to bed since I work backshift.

The temp dropped well below freezing over the day, come out this evening to shuffle cars around in the driveway and the legacy won't start. She cranks over fine/fast, and I can hear the pump running.

How do I go about testing the coils and the igniter and the injectors. I plan on pulling off a few parts and bringing them into the house to get them up to room temp for the day to see if they will thaw out...lol.

Any input or advice, other then don't wash electronis in the winter :lol:

thanks,
Ian

svxAL 01-17-2011 08:04 PM

Re: No start....how do I test coils& igniter.

I would bring it inside somehow and let it thaw out you prolly have water in a connector and now its frozen... Let it dry out good and you should be good to go.

oab_au 01-17-2011 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heli-Mech (Post 666992)
I have a no-start isssue with my EG33, here is some back ground info.

95 legacy swapped with a 1992 OBD1 Eg33. The car works perfect, no CEL's and pulls very hard and runs very smooth. This car is built for rally-x and everything is wired in like the factory SVX.

I de-greased and pressure washed the engine bay first thing this morning, I covered the igniter and alt. The car was running perfect afterwords ran it for 5min or so. I shut her down and went to bed since I work backshift.

The temp dropped well below freezing over the day, come out this evening to shuffle cars around in the driveway and the legacy won't start. She cranks over fine/fast, and I can hear the pump running.

How do I go about testing the coils and the igniter and the injectors. I plan on pulling off a few parts and bringing them into the house to get them up to room temp for the day to see if they will thaw out...lol.

Any input or advice, other then don't wash electronis in the winter :lol:

thanks,
Ian

When you pressured washed it, water may have entered into the coil/plug area. Running it, turned it to vapor, that has now turned to ice.:)

Harvey.

Heli-Mech 01-18-2011 03:12 PM

I got her up and running again. It was the cam position sensor connector it was packed solid with ice.