The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Tribeca STi (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=26827)

Landshark 06-17-2005 12:05 AM

Tribeca STi

....photoshop! :D

http://www.sccpr.org/rocxtar/Tribeca.jpg

Weebitob 06-17-2005 01:16 AM

It actually takes an alright SUV crossover and turns it into something that is quite good looking. I think we all agree that the front air dam with lip spoiler and black out grill takes away from the focus on the front schnauzer and spreads it evenly throughout the whole body. It also turns its look from an inflated Alfa Romeo 147 to some sort of freak mix between a WRX STi and a GTA, in a good way with the STi hood scoupe actually making the front look sleeker. Me likes.:)

Not to mention considering the Tribeca is not as long as the Legacy Wagon and about only an inch or two high than the Outback with a wider wheelbase, any performance boost would actually turn it into a decent performer in its own right.

Royal Tiger 06-17-2005 06:34 AM

In Black, that would be a great X5 butt kicker! I think it looks better in darker colors; black with a blacked out nose would look nice.

red95svx 06-17-2005 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weebitob
Not to mention considering the Tribeca is not as long as the Legacy Wagon and about only an inch or two high than the Outback with a wider wheelbase, any performance boost would actually turn it into a decent performer in its own right.

2005 OB:

Length: 188.8"
Height: 62.2"

2006 Tribeca:

Length: 189.8"
Height: 66.4"

Dave

SubaSteevo 06-17-2005 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landshark

The tribeca definately needs that bumper, I hardly noticed it still looks a little like a frog

dcarrb 06-17-2005 07:54 AM

I realize I'm out of tune with the times when it comes to automotive styling, but hanging more plastic crap and pink decals on a vehicle that's already pretty hard on the eyes adds nothing to its appeal. Awful.

dcb

red95svx 06-17-2005 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcarrb
I realize I'm out of tune with the times when it comes to automotive styling, but hanging more plastic crap and pink decals on a vehicle that's already pretty hard on the eyes adds nothing to its appeal. Awful.

dcb

Ditto.

Dave

Landshark 06-17-2005 09:29 AM

i think its an improvement at least - it seems to minimize the "frog look" with the grille and blacked-out headlights.

as was mentioned on NASIOC, i think it would look better with the lower profile LGT hoodscoop.

mikecg 06-17-2005 10:07 AM

Thats a really good photoshop job.

mbtoloczko 06-17-2005 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcarrb

dcb

I'm not a big fan of that stuff either, but in this case, I think it makes the Tribeca look kinda cool. In real life though I think it would look a little goofy. It doesn't look like a big vehicle in the picture, but in real life, its pretty good sized.

Chiketkd 06-17-2005 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbtoloczko
In real life though I think it would look a little goofy.

My thoughts exactly...

-Chike

Landshark 06-17-2005 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbtoloczko
In real life though I think it already looks a little goofy.

fixed that for ya. :D

you can't polish a turd, but it was an interesting photochop anyways. wish i had that kind of skill.

dcarrb 06-17-2005 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landshark
wish i had that kind of skill.

Second that.

dcb

SVXRide 06-17-2005 04:58 PM

On top of all that, you'd probably have a $50k vehicle on your hands :eek: :mad:
-Bill

Weebitob 06-17-2005 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by red95svx
2005 OB:

Length: 188.8"
Height: 62.2"

2006 Tribeca:

Length: 189.8"
Height: 66.4"

Dave

Ok maybe I was exaderating a bit on the height, but 2 inches longer is really not that much. I don't know, maybe when I saw the Tribeca at the dealer with the Legacy wagon beside it there were lines up a bit unevenly. Either that or Zapatinas is also an optical illusionist.

And when I meant good performing I meant handling wise as an SUV, even though its 0-60 is in est. 8.9 seconds, which is ok for a SUV, it does have many characteristics that can make it more of a performance one such as the Volvo V8 XC90, Hemi Grand Cherokee and even the Porsche Cheyenne. Subaru had the intent on turning the STi marque into one that meant performance on all application including luxury ones, nows their chance.