The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What should I sell my SVX for? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=11773)

AbdominalSnoman 07-04-2003 10:21 AM

What should I sell my SVX for?

I have a '92 pearl SVX with the touring package, no spoiler, and 130,000 miles on it. I just replaced just about every seal in the engine about 1,000 miles ago. The alternator about 10,000 miles ago, the freon recharged about 3,000 miles ago, the wheel bearings about 8,000 ago, and in about a week the transmission. I know you guys are saying I should just stick it out, since I've poured so much money into it recently, but I have fallen in love with the mazda RX-8. It's the only car out there that I think would be a sutable replacement. So. . . I've already put in a deposit on one, it should be built the coming week and be here in september.

Is anybody interested here? or if not, what should I try to sell it for. I have until the end of August to sell it and use it for the down payment, so I can stand to wait.

AbdominalSnoman 07-04-2003 10:23 AM

Oh, if anybody is interested, you can contact me via email at vjasko aht nuvox daht net or on my cell phone at 864.525.8904

svx_commuter 07-04-2003 01:24 PM

Re: What should I sell my SVX for?

You should sell it for a Mazda RX-8 :D

Sorrrry. I just had too........

Andy 07-04-2003 01:32 PM

Strange..............I usually ask for cash

:D

svxistentialist 07-04-2003 02:05 PM

Congrats Snowman

Always liked RX7s and the RX8 is pretty cool in my book.

Very interesting that you are changing for the one car out there that has the same configuration as the Subaru B11S.

Everybody reckoned the new body is not as elegant as the SVX[or at least a few vocal ones:) :D ], but I reckon the B11S is the B's Nee's.

Your Mazda will not have the torque nor hp nor 4wd of the Subaru, but Subaru will be glad to take a trade in from you when the new Subie hits the road.

Hope you get a good price, and stay in touch.

Joe:)

StaceyVX 07-04-2003 06:40 PM

Re: What should I sell my SVX for?

NOTHING! Keep the SVX! :D

LarryIII 07-04-2003 07:48 PM

Abdoninal,

Good Luck. My neighbor has 2 RX-7's. He loves them.

ensteele 07-05-2003 12:07 AM

Good Luck. :)

svxjoe 07-05-2003 12:43 PM

production?

Quote:

Originally posted by svxistentialist
Congrats Snowman

Very interesting that you are changing for the one car out there that has the same configuration as the Subaru B11S.

Everybody reckoned the new body is not as elegant as the SVX[or at least a few vocal ones:) :D ], but I reckon the B11S is the B's Nee's.

Your Mazda will not have the torque nor hp nor 4wd of the Subaru, but Subaru will be glad to take a trade in from you when the new Subie hits the road.

Joe:)

Will the Subaru B11 actually go into production within the next 5 years?

AbdominalSnoman 07-06-2003 02:23 PM

Once I get it back from the tranny shop, I'll try to sell it for $4500. Does that sound reasonable, too much, too little? If nothing happens for a while, I may take it down to $3500 in the beginning to mid of august, but I can't afford to sell it for less than that and make the minimum down payment.

As far as losing the AWD, this is both a good and bad thing. I sooo much more enjoy autocrossing the clubs 85? RX7 than my car the two time I've taken mine out. But this also means that when I act like a stupid over-zealous driver on the roads I can't recover from my stupidity as easily. I also can't drive it in the snow without being a hazard to myself and others, (In SC when it snows, they don't usually clean it up, it melts just a bit, and then refreezes to ice at night. At least this usually only happens once a year)

I haven't heard anything about the new Subaru, and I doubt that it will come out for a while. I can afford to buy a car this expensive now, but I doubt that I will in two years, as I hope to look into buying a house by then. Unless $h!t happens, I should be able to pay this off in about 2 - 3 years.

GreenMarine 07-08-2003 01:02 AM

Damn, your origional question wasn't even answered... You ended up answering it yourself!!! Funny though... :):D:cool:

Motorsport-SVX 07-09-2003 12:13 AM

hhmm

Quote:

Originally posted by Andy
Strange..............I usually ask for cash

:D

I was going to say Cash,.....ah no drugs !!...
nay....cash is king.....um wait, ask for Hookers !!
no, ...cash it cool, .......but all in quarters !!
..........or hookers with quarters !!!
(sorry...couldnt resist either :D )

start high....and good luck!

AbdominalSnoman 07-10-2003 07:55 PM

what should I consider high. Is 4500 high, or low or average? You just don't see to many of these for sale privately so I really don't know. The kbb is about 4500 for a private party sale, but that may be lower than it should be in this area, or possibly higher. . . Then again there's this whole rarity thing which may potentially drive the price up. I just don't know.

curlykicker 07-11-2003 03:22 PM

I'd say it's low, especially considering it has a new tranny. CHeck out http://www.edmunds.com for another estimate.

Edit: Sheesh! After looking at Edmunds.com, maybe you are pricing it too high.

calmone 07-12-2003 01:06 PM

it has a new trannie, that's gonna run you what, at LEAST $2,000. so i don't think asking $4,500 is high. hell, at 130,000 miles what if a buyer paid $3,000 and then had to do a transmission in 6-12 months. i'de at least start at $4,500.