The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   LAN Party Invite! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=26676)

CigarJohnny 06-08-2005 11:25 AM

LAN Party Invite!

On the 25th of this month (it's a Saturday) I will be having a LAN party here at my home in Bethlehem, PA. Game of choice for this session will be UnrealTourney 2004 (PC version). Any locals (or those who love LAN parties and don't mind a drive) interested in a fun time are welcome to come. I figure I'll be lucky to get one or two of you to come but the more the merrier. :) If interested, PM me and I will give you all the details. As long as I know how many to expect in advance I can make arrangements to accomodate everyone. ;)

Johnny

Landshark 06-08-2005 11:28 AM

Liquor And Narcotics? :confused: :D

SVXer95 06-08-2005 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landshark
Liquor And Narcotics? :confused: :D

Liquor And Nudity. :D

Matthewmongan 06-08-2005 11:52 AM

what time do you want to start, ill be at the meet in western maryland, why not pack up the tron rig and have a frag fest after i drag.

SubaSteevo 06-08-2005 12:06 PM

Johnny,
Which Bethlehem, PA are you? I'll have to see what my schedule throws at me, but I might be able to make it. I'm a little rusty, but it sounds like a fun time.

CigarJohnny 06-08-2005 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BurgundyBeast
Johnny,
Which Bethlehem, PA are you? I'll have to see what my schedule throws at me, but I might be able to make it. I'm a little rusty, but it sounds like a fun time.

The one that's only about 30 minutes away from you. Between Easton & Allentown. Right off of 22. ;)

CigarJohnny 06-08-2005 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthewmongan
what time do you want to start, ill be at the meet in western maryland, why not pack up the tron rig and have a frag fest after i drag.

Matt, I'll probably start setting up the server and switches around noon. Probably won't begin to get serious into playing until between 2 & 4 (people arriving and setting up) but plan to continue the action until the wee hours or folks pass out. You would be welcome to spend the night and crash on the sofa if you like or need to. Usually have lots of beer, chili, and munchies. Stoagies if you have them, or whatever food you'd like to bring for sharing. We try to make it a group effort where everyone chips in and supplies goodies so the host isn't too put out. This time around I'm the host. Festivities will take place in the garage so smoking while playing is allowed (and preferred by some ;)) and the open garage doors will help vent any toxic byproducts of the chili. ;) Would love to keep it wireless is possible to avoid cabling issues so if you have a wireless card plan on bringing it. If not that's cool too. :)

Johnny

Noir 06-08-2005 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CigarJohnny
Matt, I'll probably start setting up the server and switches around noon. Probably won't begin to get serious into playing until between 2 & 4 (people arriving and setting up) but plan to continue the action until the wee hours or folks pass out. You would be welcome to spend the night and crash on the sofa if you like or need to. Usually have lots of beer, chili, and munchies. Stoagies if you have them, or whatever food you'd like to bring for sharing. We try to make it a group effort where everyone chips in and supplies goodies so the host isn't too put out. This time around I'm the host. Festivities will take place in the garage so smoking while playing is allowed (and preferred by some ;)) and the open garage doors will help vent any toxic byproducts of the chili. ;) Would love to keep it wireless is possible to avoid cabling issues so if you have a wireless card plan on bringing it. If not that's cool too. :)

Johnny

y you no setup VPN so i can join yas? :D :D :D

Mr. Pockets 06-08-2005 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noir
y you no setup VPN so i can join yas? :D :D :D

Now that would be cool.

I haven't played many LAN games since getting on XBox Live. You don't have nearly as much bull**** to deal with on that service. :) I don't know that I'm as proficient at FPSes on consoles as I was on PCs, but I do have a great deal of fun. I do miss some types of games, like RTSes.

Royal Tiger 06-08-2005 03:02 PM

I never played that before. I'm like 12 minutes from you most likely. Just off 145.

CigarJohnny 06-08-2005 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PA_SVX
I never played that before. I'm like 12 minutes from you most likely. Just off 145.

Plays no different from any other FPS. I got a copy I could loan you for the day if you need it. ;)

Johnny

Royal Tiger 06-08-2005 03:18 PM

I'd love to go hang out and meet everyone, but I'm working. I'm out of vacation days as I took a cruise in May and am going to Disney World in September.

Noir 06-08-2005 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Pockets
Now that would be cool.

I haven't played many LAN games since getting on XBox Live. You don't have nearly as much bull**** to deal with on that service. :) I don't know that I'm as proficient at FPSes on consoles as I was on PCs, but I do have a great deal of fun. I do miss some types of games, like RTSes.

of late i've been playing kill zone on the ps2....actually it's the only game i've played since getting the ps2. :lol:

RTS's :D i'm the king of RTS :D :D

Landshark 06-08-2005 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noir
of late i've been playing kill zone on the ps2....actually it's the only game i've played since getting the ps2. :lol:

RTS's :D i'm the king of RTS :D :D

dude, you should check out Donkey Kong. :D

RSVX 06-09-2005 02:16 AM

WTF Johnny... why do you have to wait till I move away from the region to do this... UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :mad: :mad: :mad: