The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Yet another ebay auction (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=20995)

n00b on demand 08-29-2004 09:15 PM

Yet another ebay auction

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=31871

WOWWWW

excaliber 08-29-2004 10:13 PM

thats funny i was just about to post about that one!

hope it goes to a good home.

GreenMarine 08-30-2004 07:08 AM

Please, SOMEONE rescue this poor SVX!!!! :eek: :eek: :( :(

I would love to get ahold os a few of those parts :D:D:D... MAybe that steering wheel and those seats.... That's about it though :rolleyes:

RSVX 08-30-2004 11:48 AM

/cries

Royal Tiger 08-30-2004 12:28 PM

I never understood why people would change the steering wheel to one without an airbag. Needs a minor wing reduction surgery! :)

dcarrb 08-30-2004 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by PA_SVX
Needs a minor wing reduction surgery!
What it needs is respect...

dcb

Aredubjay 08-30-2004 12:55 PM

Of course the first think I noticed was that big spotlight sticking out of the top. THEN, I realized it was the mailbox.:rolleyes:

I would bid on this car if I needed a very large cheese slicer. I dunno why some folks wanna do stuff like that. It's like getting a beautiful girl, then, sticking a goiter on her neck. :confused:

SVinX 08-30-2004 03:03 PM

After much consideration (because I actually think some "riced" cars look sharp), the svx just looks better stock!

It doesn't have the same aura of mystery with the mismatched interior and the happy meal wing.

Chiketkd 08-30-2004 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by SVinX
It doesn't have the same aura of mystery with the mismatched interior and the happy meal wing.
Exactly - the SVX has a certain *mystique* about it, and adding aftermarket doo-das like that guy did, make the car look blah. :p

-Chike

Rotorflyr 08-30-2004 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay
Of course the first thing I noticed was that big spotlight sticking out of the top. THEN, I realized it was the mailbox.
I thought it was the same thing, some kinda strobe/spotlight
but to be honest, never did figure out what it was, course I didn't much care either! ;)

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay
I dunno why some folks wanna do stuff like that. It's like getting a beautiful girl, then, sticking a goiter on her neck.
Oh come on now Randy, you know as well as I do goiters are sexy!!!!
:p :D :p

I would also have to agree with PA_SVX's comment about changing the steering wheel to one without an airbag, can't personaly see much of a reason to do so.

NikFu S. 08-30-2004 04:09 PM

Looks Motorsports inspired.
Buy the car, sell the wing, sell the rims and you'll have a nice little cruiser with some stowage space.

immortal_suby 08-30-2004 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by NikFu S.

Buy the car, sell the wing, sell the rims and you'll have a nice little cruiser with some stowage space.

:cool:

Motorsport-SVX 08-30-2004 11:07 PM

somewhat

Quote:

Originally posted by NikFu S.
Looks Motorsports inspired.

but I didnt sell him the wing :)
I did buy his old one though :)
I like the rims, sorta ala BMW ish and I dont even like
bmws

fait_svx 08-31-2004 03:34 PM

Why do they buy those damn wings? The person who invented those should be shot. Atleast his rims look pretty nice.

EddieSVX 08-31-2004 04:58 PM

Actually, aside from the obnoxious visual cues (wing, mostly), the car's pretty clean, so you guys should give him credit for that, at least.

I'd get it and get rid of the wing, neons, and all that yellow under the hood...and have myself a pretty clean ride.

I do wish it had the stock interiors, though. The SVX was meant to be a comfortable, almost luxury sports car... Those racing seats just don't belong in there.