The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Northwest Region (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Initial planning for the Vancouver, BC, Canada Summer meet (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=16012)

CDG 01-27-2004 05:06 PM

Planning for the Vancouver, BC, Canada Summer meet

Here is the thread for the Vancouver meet.
first known:
1. Summertime.
2. Vancouver BC.
3. Grouse Mountain?
4.Capilano Suspension Bridge?
5. Westwood Racetrack???
6. Lunch, Dinner, both???

Alycone 01-28-2004 07:46 AM

How about in the mid to late summer, so as not to be too close to Reno?

fKinger 01-28-2004 08:09 AM

Wouldn't sometime around Labuor day be good? no rain, not to hot, after the PNE, Idunno just and idea...

Aredubjay 01-28-2004 08:28 AM

Chris,
Good to see that you're getting the "Meet Juices" flowing in your area. I'd love to see a few more "pockets" of meets all around the US and Canada, much like the NWSVX club is doing.

Keep up the excellent work!

Alycone 01-28-2004 08:32 AM

Quote:

Labuor day be good
I wouldn't want to try to get through customs on labor day weekend, but around it would be good. Is your labor day the same as ours?

fKinger 01-28-2004 09:36 AM

I think it's the first monday of the month, isn't it?

WestCoastSVX 01-28-2004 10:56 AM

Summer schedule

For reference, here is how the NWSVX schedule is looking so far...

Feb/March: Earl's fix-it meet

March/April: competitive event (more info soon heh heh heh)

April/May: Puget Sound driving tour (full on driving like Fall Colors)

Last weekend of June: Reno (not NWSVX, but a lot are going)

To fit in summer season:
A overnight camping tour like last year
Earl's famous Seafood Meet
Now the BC Meet

Oct/Nov: Fall Colors III

Early January 05: Awards Banquet

So you can see, if we want to give those who want to attend Reno their space, we have about a 3 month window from July-Sept to fit in three meets. The camping and seafood were both very popular last year and everyone wants to have them again. And the Canada idea seems to be on fire right now, so we should do that too.

3 months, 3 events, seems to work, but it is probably going to take a little skillful planning to pull off. ;)

CDG 01-28-2004 05:58 PM

Holy crap, look at all those events. If I attended all of them, I'd be single pretty quick.:p According to Kim anyways.
I think she is just saying that....I hope

:D

Alycone 01-29-2004 07:37 AM

What, car club meets don't make good dates? :confused:

What she needs is an SVX of her own.

seasvx 01-29-2004 08:24 AM

Vancouver, BC, Canada Summer meet

great idea! it's been quite a while since I visited north of the Peace Arch and would really enjoy being hosted on some of the better driving roads around the lower mainland by the B.C. members of nwsvx! (..as i recall, there be good drivers roads very short distances from the main populations centers, such as up Horseshoe Bay way, in the foothills around Harrison Lake and on the way to some of the other attractions that have already been mentioned, yes?)

CDG 01-29-2004 05:38 PM

As for the good driving roads, I'm not really sure they are that fun, but I'm not able to comment, most of the locations are in realatively dense areas, Harrison Lake and Horseshoe bay are probably good, but also very crowded on weekends.

Perhaps some other Lowermainlanders can comment?

p.s. I sold my motorcycle because there were no good roads nearby.

CDG 01-29-2004 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Alycone
What, car club meets don't make good dates? :confused:

What she needs is an SVX of her own.

You're right Ali, she would be better off with an SVX of her own, but a car to her the alternative to a Bus, nothing more. Cars are pretty high on my list of priorities, but I can also respect those who do not share our passion for our vehicles:)

The rest of the world will just have to carry on envying us:D :D :D

Tim-H 01-29-2004 06:02 PM

would the bc meet be an overnighter/camping meet as well? Seems like it would be a good idea so we dont have to rush through the meet, and none of us fall asleep on the trip back.

CDG 01-29-2004 09:35 PM

A Camp over would be excellent, I think we can even camp at Grouse Mountain. I will check into availability of Campsites. And for those who want to take advantage of the exchange rate, there are some really nice hotels in Vancouver.

WestCoastSVX 01-30-2004 08:21 AM

Yeah, I would definitely be staying the night up there somewhere, just don't get up to BC enough these days so I'd like to spend some decent time there.

Was thinking hotel in the city, but camping would be cool too. If we camped, we could even make that serve as our camping meet for the year at the same time (take one meet off that busy schedule). Either way, we have to do a camping one this year, because all those that attended last September said we had to do it again. :) If Nick isn't going to be around this year though it may not be the same though. :( Well, as long as we have Earl and Dan telling their old teenage days stories, it will be all good. ;)