The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Interesting thread on 3000GT/Stealth Forum... (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=19886)

Chiketkd 07-12-2004 03:32 PM

Interesting thread on 3000GT/Stealth Forum...

WTF is an SVX???

I went ahead an added my $0.02... :D

-Chike

Darksied-X 07-12-2004 04:03 PM

Quote:

I went ahead an added my $0.02... :D
Big Surprise:p;)

mbtoloczko 07-12-2004 04:08 PM

I still remember the first time I saw an SVX. Saw it from the rear while I was driving home from work. My first thought was similar to that guy's. WTF is that. :-)

Chiketkd 07-12-2004 04:22 PM

The first time I saw one I had the same reaction - I spotted a Silver/ Black '92 while driving my 300ZX TT in college. Nearly caused an accident that day... :p

-Chike
Quote:

Originally posted by mbtoloczko
My first thought was similar to that guys. WTF is that. :-)

grnSVX96 07-12-2004 06:02 PM

Nice one Chike

well represented supporting the SVX brand well done !!, I think the dash pics were cheating a bit ..but WTH that will give those nobs something to talk about...nice red car..just wish mine was back on the road... :(

dave

ensteele 07-12-2004 06:22 PM

Who has the car with the dash pictures? What stereo do they have? :)

Chiketkd 07-12-2004 07:35 PM

I thought those dash pics looked familiar...I went to his locker and I was right! Does this pic look familiar: http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/fil...nsen/13192.jpg

It's in rmjjensen's locker.

-Chike
Quote:

Originally posted by ensteele
Who has the car with the dash pictures? What stereo do they have? :)

Green1995SVX 07-13-2004 12:36 AM

How can that guy say it's probably the worst car subaru ever made??? he's obviously never driven a svx! I think the only other subaru that even comes close to the svx's level of luxury and refinement is the 05+ Legacy.

m

UberRoo 07-13-2004 01:59 AM

Two cents? More like a few bucks. But hey, ya did the SVX well. Nice to see those guys aren't too high on their horse.

Most folk just don't know anything about them, so it's hard to knock 'em if you don't know what they are. One thing those 3000GT guys can't hold over our heads is cost and reliability. When those Mitsubishis break, they really break in a bad way. I've seen people dump far more money into fixing a 3000GT than you could spend for a rather cherry SVX. I think those cars are damn cool, but so are SVXs. The Subarus are just cool in a different way. Two different breeds of performance.

Chiketkd 07-13-2004 07:49 AM

Yeah, some of those guys over there are just pretty clueless about these cars or had a bad experience from owning one... :(

Since I came real close to buying a red '97 VR4 last year, I would have to agree with your comment UberRoo - when those things break, they're REAL expensive to fix! Once those cars have more than 60K miles on the odo, boost leaks become the norm. I can't even begin to mention the number of threads where owners are trying to troubleshoot the location of a leak and why their max boost is down 2-4 psi. Also ~120K both turbos need to be rebuilt at a cost of 1.5K each.

Those 3/S cars are sweet but have their own quirks like ours... ;)

-Chike

n00b on demand 07-13-2004 09:02 AM

What i have come to realize is that everyone except all of us on the network pretty much think the SVX is a heavy slow POS. This really makes me mad!...This is people on other networks i have seen. In person everyone is always like "awesome car man!" ...or...." keep that car lookin fresh and beautiful its gonna be a collectors item someday"....i agree with Mike in that besides the 05 legacy the subaru svx was the best car subaru made. Good job reppin the SVX chike.

ensteele 07-13-2004 09:30 AM

Chike - good job man. It is always a fun time when someone doesn't have a clue what the car is when it is seen. It is amazing that some people still have not seen one or know what it is. I guess they are somewhat rare, but they are out there. To me, that is what is great about the car. :)

Mr. Pockets 07-13-2004 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by soobiesvx93
i agree with Mike in that besides the 05 legacy the subaru svx was the best car subaru made. Good job reppin the SVX chike.
The '05 Legacy is a very, very nice car. But does it surpass the SVX? Not in my opinion - it lacks the soul. And, honestly, I remember people saying the same thing when the WRX debuted. 'The SVX is the most awesomest car Subaru ever built...after the WRX.'

As I said, the Legacy is a super nice car. But it's no SVX. It's just not. Give it a couple years, until the new Legacys are coming off their leases, and when Subaru introduces the next new shiny thing somebody's going to say the same thing about that car.

And we'll still be here.

Chiketkd 07-13-2004 09:58 AM

Thanks guys! I'll always represent the SVX wherever I go...

I'm in love with this car! :)

-Chike

n00b on demand 07-13-2004 10:56 AM

Haha I think i typed what i said before wrong. I meant to say that the SVX is the greatest Subaru made and that the 05 legacy was nice. Thats what i meant :rolleyes: :D