The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Brrr!! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=15402)

MNYPNNY 01-05-2004 09:55 AM

Brrr!!

I found out today that the outside temp indicator does show negative digits. It was -6 on the way to work this morning. It's damn cold!

~~Michelle

Mr. Pockets 01-05-2004 10:21 AM

Yeah, I found that out in a hurry - I bought my SVX in VT in October. It was probably only a month or so before I saw it read negative. :p

I wonder just how low it'll read...

Aredubjay 01-05-2004 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Pockets

I wonder just how low it'll read...

You mean you actually wanna find out? :D

Perhaps we could ask our friend in Billings Montana --- after he gets back from Turkey! :D

Hey, how 'bout some of our Canadian brothers or sisters? Could you switch to F, just for a few days? :D

CGLathrop 01-05-2004 10:59 AM

N.D.

The lowest mine ever went was -11. But I know the temp in North Dakota was much lower. I think it might have a limit as to how low it can sense. The highest I have seen it get was 105.. If I can remember correctly that is.

Chris

Aredubjay 01-05-2004 11:29 AM

Re: N.D.

Quote:

Originally posted by CGLathrop
The lowest mine ever went was -11. But I know the temp in North Dakota was much lower. I think it might have a limit as to how low it can sense. The highest I have seen it get was 105.. If I can remember correctly that is.

Chris

Oops. I meant Billings . . . N.D. :rolleyes:

So, how's it cookin' in Turkey? :D

CGLathrop 01-05-2004 01:19 PM

Re: Re: N.D.

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay

Oops. I meant Billings . . . N.D. :rolleyes:

So, how's it cookin' in Turkey? :D

Actually I am in N.D. right now on leave visiting the wife and kids. But I have to fly back on Wed Morning. :(

During my 1st 6 months I would say that Ankara wasnt too bad.. except for the smog and they drive like idiots. They are very friendly and the Mt. biking was great. I will be glad when the tour is done and I can be back with the family for good.

Chris

Aredubjay 01-05-2004 02:34 PM

Re: Re: Re: N.D.

Quote:

Originally posted by CGLathrop

Actually I am in N.D. right now on leave visiting the wife and kids. But I have to fly back on Wed Morning. :(

During my 1st 6 months I would say that Ankara wasnt too bad.. except for the smog and they drive like idiots. They are very friendly and the Mt. biking was great. I will be glad when the tour is done and I can be back with the family for good.

Chris

I can only imagine what you're going through. It was hard enough for me to ship my daughter back to MN after the holidays. :(

Hang in there!

Mr. Pockets 01-05-2004 02:39 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: N.D.

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay

I can only imagine what you're going through. It was hard enough for me to ship my daughter back to MN after the holidays. :(

Hang in there!

What kind of shipping do you use? I would figure some sort of bulk freight - even USPS Priority Mail is expensive for something of that weight...

shelfy 01-05-2004 07:45 PM

my temp hit -5 on the way home this evening. the lowest was -7 last winter. the highest was 103 last summer.

shelfy 01-05-2004 07:48 PM

and speaking of outside temps...does anyone know if one can make the outside temp display constantly?

MNYPNNY 01-05-2004 10:07 PM

It's 10:00 pm now and it's +6 outside.
Later in the week it's supposed to warm up enough to actually snow some more!

~~Michelle
(anyone not from western CO doesn't really understand that this cold and this snow doesn't happen here very often)

DearPrudence 01-05-2004 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by thndrmtn92svx
It's 10:00 pm now and it's +6 outside.
Later in the week it's supposed to warm up enough to actually snow some more!

~~Michelle
(anyone not from western CO doesn't really understand that this cold and this snow doesn't happen here very often)

OMG, when I first started reading this thread I had no idea you were in Clifton! I used to live in Grand Junction - in fact, I'm planning a road trip out there. Wow, negative digits in western Colorado, crazy stuff!

MNYPNNY 01-06-2004 08:38 AM

Small world huh?
It was a heat wave this morning driving in, car read 0 instead of negative numbers.

Feel free to look me up when you come to or through GJ!

~~Michelle

Aredubjay 01-06-2004 08:50 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: N.D.

Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Pockets

What kind of shipping do you use? I would figure some sort of bulk freight - even USPS Priority Mail is expensive for something of that weight...

I use American Express. :D Otherwise known as American Airlines.

If Federal Express merged with UPS, would they call the company "Fed Up?"

halistan 01-06-2004 11:10 AM

"If Federal Express merged with UPS, would they call the company "Fed Up?"

Hardy harr harr Randy...man that was bad!

The highest i have ever seen the temp go was 112 when i was down in San Antonio with Marisa. That was some heat, let me tell you.

~Ray