The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I'm baaaack... (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8336)

0260N4 01-21-2003 12:34 PM

I'm baaaack...

Thats right folks your favorite ex-Alaskan ex-SVX owner has returned to his senses and is now shopping for a new SVX. For details of what I want please see the wanted section. Nice to see everyone here again. Since Im out east now maybe I can make it to some of the meets.....

Aredubjay 01-21-2003 12:59 PM

Re: I'm baaaack...

Quote:

Originally posted by 0260N4
Thats right folks your favorite ex-Alaskan ex-SVX owner has returned to his senses and is now shopping for a new SVX. For details of what I want please see the wanted section. Nice to see everyone here again. Since Im out east now maybe I can make it to some of the meets.....
Put April 11-13 on your calender. It'll be the big meet for the year. There will also be several Virginians coming, so, you can hook up and convoy.

Good to see you back. Interestingly enough, someone just joined (Skyshark, I think), from Palmer, Alaska. Is it the new owner of your former car? :D

Oh, and WELCOME BACK!!!

WestCoastSVX 01-21-2003 01:25 PM

Welcome back! Good to see you are back in the market. I'm jealous you are out there east where all the big meets are. Go to the one in April, it should be SLIGHTLY larger than the one you came to here last year. :D

On a side note to Randy, etc. When is "the big meet for the year" as you have just officially called Reading IV, going to be out closer west? Anywhere west of the Mississippi for that matter? :D

Aredubjay 01-21-2003 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by MacGyver
Welcome back! Good to see you are back in the market. I'm jealous you are out there east where all the big meets are. Go to the one in April, it should be SLIGHTLY larger than the one you came to here last year. :D

On a side note to Randy, etc. When is "the big meet for the year" as you have just officially called Reading IV, going to be out closer west? Anywhere west of the Mississippi for that matter? :D

I'm not aware of anything "bigger" being planned (Nothing like the 10th Anniversary meet that was, I think, 4 years in the making). Perhaps someone can arrange a 15th anniversary meet? :D

WestCoastSVX 01-21-2003 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay

I'm not aware of anything "bigger" being planned (Nothing like the 10th Anniversary meet that was, I think, 4 years in the making). Perhaps someone can arrange a 15th anniversary meet? :D

Let's see....... 4 years until the 15th anniversary, 4 years to plan the last one..... I think I can do it! :)

I'll plan a big 15th anniversary bash in the Seattle area, but not sure I could get all you guys out this far for it. As evidenced by the 10th meet, very few came from more than a 15 hour distance I think? And all you active members seem to be spread out over that area far from us. :(

Aredubjay 01-21-2003 01:56 PM

Quote:

Let's see....... 4 years until the 15th anniversary, 4 years to plan the last one..... I think I can do it! :)

I'll plan a big 15th anniversary bash in the Seattle area, but not sure I could get all you guys out this far for it. As evidenced by the 10th meet, very few came from more than a 15 hour distance I think? And all you active members seem to be spread out over that area far from us. :(

I think there was some discussion on "dead center" of the country, which would put us somewhere in Missouri. Maybe SBkim, Kuo and Halistan can organize something in the flatlands. :D

WestCoastSVX 01-21-2003 02:03 PM

Sorry, it's the first gloomy, drizzly day here in quite a while (it has been unusually dry for this time of year) and it must be rubbing off on me. Having some "issues" with the NW "group" too. I'll stop posting for the day.

benebob 01-21-2003 02:03 PM

Re: I'm baaaack...

Quote:

Originally posted by 0260N4
I posted about a Red 96 that was in the Lancaster PA Paper last week. Wasn't in this week but price seemed decent and it had new tires.

Aredubjay 01-21-2003 02:34 PM

Quote:

Sorry, it's the first gloomy, drizzly day here in quite a while (it has been unusually dry for this time of year) and it must be rubbing off on me. Having some "issues" with the NW "group" too. I'll stop posting for the day.
Issues? Sounds serious. It's bright and sunny here . . . and 34 degrees. : / <shrug>

Hope your issues work out.

ensteele 01-21-2003 04:39 PM

Scott

It's good to see you looking for a car again. If you are out our way, maybe someone can pick you up if we are going to have a meet. Good luck finding a good car. :)

Ron Mummert 01-21-2003 08:19 PM

Quote:

I think there was some discussion on "dead center" of the country, which would put us somewhere in Missouri. Maybe SBkim, Kuo and Halistan can organize something in the flatlands. :D

Hey Randy, I DID mention Branson, MO in a previous thread somewhere. Think about it.

Ron.

wasions 01-21-2003 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ron Mummert

Hey Randy, I DID mention Branson, MO in a previous thread somewhere. Think about it.

Ron.

Whoa! Think about that one guys. You would not have much trouble getting the little lady to go along if we could convince her that WAYNE would be there. :D
Actually, in all seriousness, that's a very good idea. We could even trek to Sikeston for some 'Throwed rolls'. :cool:

Aredubjay 01-22-2003 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by wasions

Whoa! Think about that one guys. You would not have much trouble getting the little lady to go along if we could convince her that WAYNE would be there. :D
Actually, in all seriousness, that's a very good idea. We could even trek to Sikeston for some 'Throwed rolls'. :cool:

May be a good idea if they've finally gotten the traffic situation taken care of. I've never been there, but, saw a report a couple of years ago that shows the town as one long traffic jam. :eek:

Ron Mummert 01-22-2003 08:09 PM

Quote:

May be a good idea if they've finally gotten the traffic situation taken care of. I've never been there, but, saw a report a couple of years ago that shows the town as one long traffic jam. :eek:

So what if we add a little "class" to a traffic jam?
This is the ultimate SVX photo op.
Keep thinking.

Ron.

Beav 01-22-2003 09:02 PM

I used to live just north of Branson, it is a slow moving parking lot. The shows are good but not exactly what the younger crew would enjoy. I know my daughters (19 - 30 at the time) were less than enchanted.

Missouri's most popular tourist spot is just to the north in Springfield, Bass Pro Shop. Yeah, a tackle store is the state's largest attraction, but to be fair it is more than just a tackle store. Personally I'd rather visit the Budweiser plant in St. Louis or chow on some ribs at K.C. Masterpiece in K.C. (actually I prefer The Smokehouse)

BTW, in the three years I lived there Wayne was never to be found in Branson.

Also, there's a Lambert's in Ozark, about 30 minutes north of Branson. You can catch some hot rolls there too, along with more food than you can eat in a week.