The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Amazing/Shocking SVX crash... (TODAY, Saturday) (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=45554)

RSVX 07-19-2008 06:44 PM

Amazing/Shocking SVX crash... (TODAY, Saturday)

2 Attachment(s)
So, I get this email from my cousin... All of this happened around noon, TODAY in Suffield, CT.

Quote:

Originally Posted by My Cousin, Tom
Chris:

I think i found a used transmission for your SVX! The kid in the red SVX was racing another car, had to swerve, hit the passenger side of the gray car, flew up in the air and landed where you see it. My uncle was mowing the lawn and ran towards the house when he saw the gray car moving towards him and you can see where his lawn mower ended up. Fortunately he was OK. The kid in the SVX and the passenger in the gray car and to be air lifted to the hospital.

Tom

The below text was in the forwarded email...

Quote:

Attached are a couple of photos from Gibby and Cathy's front yard. Some of you have heard that Gibby was out mowing his yard and a couple of cars collided in his front yard. All I gotta say is there are definitely guardian angels and I think Gibby had about half a dozen around him.

Gibby has some debris that came his way, but he is doing OK. Both Gibby and Cathy are shook up a bit, but their family is OK.
Just another reason NOT to street race. It's never just your own life at risk. In this case, members of MY family were at risk, and they weren't even in a car!!!

Two pictures included in the post, and a few more in the attached PDFs...

http://www.littleboylou.com/images/Grey.jpg

http://www.littleboylou.com/images/Red.jpg

SVXyGirl 07-19-2008 07:27 PM

Re: Amazing/Shocking SVX crash... (TODAY, Saturday)

:eek: Why some people should not even be allowed to drive...let alone drive an SVX.:(

redlightningsvx 07-19-2008 07:42 PM

How did he survive that? The svx is completly pushed towards the center of the car, folded and crushed the roof in. Everyone was definatly lucky that day for sure.

Crazy_pilot 07-19-2008 08:31 PM

S***. That's unreal. That kid is damn lucky to be alive, no matter what car he was driving.

I hope the passenger in the Gallant makes it through okay. Don't really give a damn about the kid.

crazyhorse 07-19-2008 08:40 PM

Wholly Carp!

Ummm, his front wheels are on backwards.

greggbzz 07-19-2008 10:37 PM

I must have took some feat of physics to end up against the poll like that.

What happened to the (other) moron he was racing with?

Wikedjuggalo 07-19-2008 10:42 PM

Question is who lives in CT and owns a Red SVX ?

Weebitob 07-20-2008 12:30 AM

That crash looks insane, how fast was that person driving to wind up like that from a passenger side collision? And luckily your uncle is ok, can't say for sure about those who had to be airlifted though.

On a somewhat cynical note, can you find out if the rear bumper portion is unscathed?:o

SilverSpear 07-20-2008 12:35 AM

That accident is just UN-believeable!! Really I don't think the laws of Physics apply here...

RSVX 07-20-2008 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greggbzz (Post 556988)
I must have took some feat of physics to end up against the poll like that.

What happened to the (other) moron he was racing with?

I dont have any further info, as my cousin lives just outside Philly, and all the intel I received was from him (via email).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wikedjuggalo (Post 556989)
Question is who lives in CT and owns a Red SVX ?

I suppose I could do a member search...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weebitob (Post 556994)
That crash looks insane, how fast was that person driving to wind up like that from a passenger side collision? And luckily your uncle is ok, can't say for sure about those who had to be airlifted though.

On a somewhat cynical note, can you find out if the rear bumper portion is unscathed?:o

Between me living in SC, my cousin in PA, and this happening in CT... I doubt I will ever know. This is very near Hartford, however.

huck369 07-20-2008 06:41 AM

Tell you cousin that tranny is un-doubtably broken in half, as I'm sure the case is split from looking at those pics:eek:....

That's what comes from street racing....
I hope everyone comes out alive...and a bit wiser

RSVX 07-20-2008 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSVX (Post 557000)
I suppose I could do a member search...

Based on my quick search, there were only 2 Red SVX's in CT, one was an LSi and one a L... The L lives 75 miles from the location of the accident, so chances are slim it was one of our members.

svxistentialist 07-20-2008 08:12 AM

Well I hope both the kid and the passenger from the Galant are ultimately OK.

This is not an endorsement of street racing or bad driving, whatever bad driving caused the accident maybe capital punishment is too high a price to pay for stupidity.

From when I started driving I have had my share of accidents and scrapes. Most of them minor. Nearly all of them my fault, for being young and sometimes careless or reckless.

I lived to learn the difference, and I hope this kid does too, he's some mother's son.

Joe

SilverSpear 07-20-2008 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSVX (Post 557004)
Based on my quick search, there were only 2 Red SVX's in CT, one was an LSi and one a L... The L lives 75 miles from the location of the accident, so chances are slim it was one of our members.

This SVX has no sunroof :rolleyes:

Wikedjuggalo 07-20-2008 10:50 AM

I hope for the shake of the family the kids are alright and can learn from this stupid stunt. It looks like a small road which makes it even worse. The kid is lucky not to have died on impact That looks like a very bad wreck. SVX seems like a safe vehicle?